Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because wheels/tires are cheaper than buying a new car I decided to freshen it up for the new year with something lighter and more track inspired.

Here's the new setup:

Previous setup:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Those BBS look very cool, I just think of BBS from the 80's with the gold spokes.
I am waiting for my rear tires to wear out, then upgrade wheels and tires.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those BBS look very cool, I just think of BBS from the 80's with the gold spokes.
I am waiting for my rear tires to wear out, then upgrade wheels and tires.
BBS has been making some really cool products in the past few years. All of which are extremely durable and lightweight like this FI-R wheel.

·
Super Moderator
3,203 Posts
These look great, makes the car look cleaner than with the old wheels. Great call on the upgrade.

·
Registered
540 Posts
BBS-FIR one of my favorite wheel designs. BBS makes good product, legit competitor to HRE.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Love it! Looks great

·
Registered
104 Posts
Its a great looking wheel. Do you know what stock wheels weigh verse the BBS-FIR.
Was curious if you feel any acceleration difference also with lighter setup.

·
Registered
662 Posts
HUGE upgrade on the wheels, look great! The long studs I don't care for, but it's your car!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a great looking wheel. Do you know what stock wheels weigh verse the BBS-FIR.
Was curious if you feel any acceleration difference also with lighter setup.
I haven't weighed them versus my stock wheels which are in my storage building but compared to the Forged Vossen and Michelin setup, the results are as follows.

Front wheel/tire - 2.7lbs lighter each
Rear wheel/tire - 4.1lbs lighter each

Total weight reduction 13.6lbs

·
Registered
104 Posts
I haven't weighed them versus my stock wheels which are in my storage building but compared to the Forged Vossen and Michelin setup, the results are as follows.

Front wheel/tire - 2.7lbs lighter each
Rear wheel/tire - 4.1lbs lighter each

Total weight reduction 13.6lbs
Wow, that's a good amount of weight off of rotating mass. I really like the look of these rims over the set you had before.
Also your pictures came out amazing, what camera and lens do you use. The clarity of the pictures are super clear and have nice boca in background.
I never saw a stud conversion before for theses cars and was wondering what the purpose is over the stock setup? The titanium is for weight saving i know , but was curious if theres another reason for this setup over buying the regular TI/not stud setup. Txs for sharing, it is very beautiful car you have and your awesome pictures show it well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, that's a good amount of weight off of rotating mass. I really like the look of these rims over the set you had before.
Also your pictures came out amazing, what camera and lens do you use. The clarity of the pictures are super clear and have nice boca in background.
I never saw a stud conversion before for theses cars and was wondering what the purpose is over the stock setup? The titanium is for weight saving i know , but was curious if theres another reason for this setup over buying the regular TI/not stud setup. Txs for sharing, it is very beautiful car you have and your awesome pictures show it well.
Thanks for the kind photography comments. These were taken with my walk around rig.

Nikon D850 w/ Tamron 24-70 f2.8 (gen 2) which is sharp as a tack. These are obviously post processed in LR. I shoot everything in RAW and edit for the look I am after depending on the situation.

My other body is a Nikon D5 which I normally keep longer lenses on. I have a 70-300 f2.8 that normal sits on it and some other even longer lenses.

As for the stud conversion, I enjoy the look and weight savings. Makes wheel changes super easy and safer IMO. Really it's just something that stuck from my BMW days.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the kind photography comments. These were taken with my walk around rig.

Nikon D850 w/ Tamron 24-70 f2.8 (gen 2) which is sharp as a tack. These are obviously post processed in LR. I shoot everything in RAW and edit for the look I am after depending on the situation.

My other body is a Nikon D5 which I normally keep longer lenses on. I have a 70-300 f2.8 that normal sits on it and some other even longer lenses.

As for the stud conversion, I enjoy the look and weight savings. Makes wheel changes super easy and safer IMO. Really it's just something that stuck from my BMW days.
Thats a awesome camera, never thought the tamron lenses were great, they have obviously come a long way as your pics are tac sharp. I have a nikon D7000 and nikkor 300 F4 VR, I need a 2nd lens, not sure what MM to get, i like the nik 100mm VR, would that be good for stars, landscape, car and generally walking around? I do like it does Marco but don't know if its ok for walking around. I don't have Edit software and shot large/Fine Jpeg. I need some stuff and more knowledge.

Ok makes sense on safe wheel changes, i just read today you can hit the caliper when putting wheel on so makes sense not scratching things up and going lighter.
Do you notice a little acceleration with the light wheel setup?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Looks a 100x better and you gained some performance with lesser rotating mass. From my research, these BBS-FI-Rs will save you 19 lbs total over the stock forged Huracan wheels. One of, if not the best wheel out there IMO. Congrats!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats a awesome camera, never thought the tamron lenses were great, they have obviously come a long way as your pics are tac sharp. I have a nikon D7000 and nikkor 300 F4 VR, I need a 2nd lens, not sure what MM to get, i like the nik 100mm VR, would that be good for stars, landscape, car and generally walking around? I do like it does Marco but don't know if its ok for walking around. I don't have Edit software and shot large/Fine Jpeg. I need some stuff and more knowledge.

Ok makes sense on safe wheel changes, i just read today you can hit the caliper when putting wheel on so makes sense not scratching things up and going lighter.
Do you notice a little acceleration with the light wheel setup?
There are gobs if YouTube videos on shooting and editing. Really can make anyone a pro now days with the right discipline and practice.

Noticed more wheel spin going back to a Pirelli. Michelins are going back on ASAP when they are back in stock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts