Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Varta battery was dying (it had been in the car since 2007) even with a battery tender, and I finally replaced it with an Odyssey (I posted last year that I was looking at an Odyssey but I did not make the change until now). The car was starting before but only after charging the batter with a tender, so I decided to change the battery. Now the new Odyssey turns the engine with no problem, but the car will not start. I have checked all fuses in the fuse box in the passenger side and in the OM to see if there was perhaps a problem, and they are all fine. Before the battery change I had a message in the dash when the car started that I had a problem with cylinders 6-10. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Your fuel fuse may be bad. It is behind the seats under the rear shelf.

How is the battery connection? Any build up or looseness?

What is the voltage of the battery as shown on your center dash? It should be at least 12v. If not, it needs to be charged or the battery may be bad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car will not start

Your fuel fuse may be bad. It is behind the seats under the rear shelf.

How is the battery connection? Any build up or looseness?

What is the voltage of the battery as shown on your center dash? It should be at least 12v. If not, it needs to be charged or the battery may be bad.
I will certainly look at those suggestions. Thank you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The basics for engines, fuel or ignition, nothing else. So if it turns perhaps inject a small amount of gas into the intake. If it begins to fire then runs out of fuel, you have ignition, if not, ignition is the issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car will not start

The basics for engines, fuel or ignition, nothing else. So if it turns perhaps inject a small amount of gas into the intake. If it begins to fire then runs out of fuel, you have ignition, if not, ignition is the issue.
Thank for taking time, very much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts