Lamborghini Talk banner

Challenge to make Lambo owners the most admired car owners in the world.

3K views 41 replies 10 participants last post by  Lee T 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone. I have a challenge for all the owners on this forum. Lets all see what we can do to make the world a little better place for someone. (A sick kid, someone down on their luck, family struggling, etc.) It can be with or without the Lambo. Try and do it before Christmas and report your deeds. There is so much negativity out there right now that the world needs emissaries of good will. We can be that. Let me know your ideas. We can all share and maybe help each other. I offered my Teacher sister in law to have a contest at her school for the most improvement in a student. They would get to take pictures and go for a ride. Might be just what some kid needs to change their life. Maybe a Church has a sick or dying member that would love a ride. There are tons of possibilities. Lets see what we can do. Lee

#2 ·
You bet Lee! Count me in, I will have a chance tomorrow to see what I can do to make someone smile. Great idea!

#4 ·
I usually don't take photo of my good deeds...because I don't think homeless people would be happy if I take a photo of them while they eat 🤣

This was my latest activity helping out at soup kitchen. We dined out after long days of cooking. One of the guy is military and the other work at nursing home and practice muay thai as stress relief. I get to meet lots of strange dudes at the place. But despite their eccentricity, I'm sure all of them are angels in disguise.

#6 ·
A few years ago a friend of mine died for brain cancer, long before he was diagnosed I was at his house for dinner and I noticed he had a lot of Porsche 911 model cars round his house and I asked him about them and he said it was his dream car and he had never even sat in one. I thought that was strange because it's not like they are rare or hard to find, but at that time, I didn't have one. Flash forward, my son's first car after college was a 911 and he got it after my friend(Hal) was diagnosed with cancer and he was unable to drive anymore. I told my son "You should give Hal" a ride. My son was well aware of Hal's condition and so my son said "what a great idea". It made Hal's day to finally ride in a Porsche 911. I know it's not a Lambo story, but Hal was a really awesome and a genuine nice guy.

#8 · (Edited)
You know gentlemen I was racking my brain to see what I could do to help my fellow man and it dawned on me I have done much already. Before retirement I took care of patients for over 40 years in my profession, trained postgraduate resident doctors for over 35 years, published articles in my specialty that have been requested throughout the world which hopefully did some good for both doctors and patients alike, I (we) raised two children one of which is a doctor and my other child teaches mathematics, I have loved my wife and my family to include my many sisters and parents as well. In addition, my wife while raising a family was also a healthcare provider and cared for patients for over 30 years.
So what have I (we) done for our fellow man……….well, a fair amount, and now we focus on, and take care of, each other. ;)

#11 ·
Did you do the doctors without borders thing? My neighbors use to go to India for two months every year and backpack in the mountains, I was invited, I declined. Not that I am or was a doctor, I guess, I was just going to carry stuff??? They use to take their kids until they got old enough to say no.

#17 ·
Sakura, I am fascinated by the idea of time travel as well. If you read much Einstein, it is completely within the realm of possibility. In fact , time travelers could be the reason for the Mandela effect, If one had changed an event in the past, things would be different but we would have no empirical evidence of it just memories that are wrong. How many of you think Nelson Mandela died in the 90s? also does the man on the monopoly box have a monocle? My real interest lies in gravity and controlling it. RIght now there is a large divide between Einsteinian physics and quantum theory. So one or both must be wrong. That leaves the door wide open for some crazy guy to discover the real answer. Solve the gravity problem and you solve everything. I think the answer is as simple as radio waves were, something looking us in the face that we simply cannot see. I am planning on retiring and setting up my mad science lab. The answer has to be there. We just need to look in the right places. I think doing positive helpful things opens up doors and opportunities as well. It may not be today or tomorrow but it will happen. Maybe the world works completely differently than most of us believe. What if the more you give back, the more you receive? I am working on some ideas and looking for opportunities to help out. Everyone keep us posted. PS Sorry I dont speak Klignon. LOL

#20 ·
Yes, I agree the answer is proofing the theory of quantum gravity. Once we can explain gravity with quantum mechanic, we can tackle mostly everything possibly including the time travel. It will need a lot of energy to proof graviton. It will also be very dangerous. And, we all know to make energy, we need money.

I just wish the stingy aliens share this piece of tech with us humans because they have been taunting our intelligence by hovering above us with movement that defy gravity. I feel like a donkey with a hovering carrot. Also, they need to share how we can extract energy from our sun better because we have been using this toxic and lowly solar panels.

Please invite me when you get to setup your mad science lab 😂

#22 ·
Such an interesting thread. Sadly, not a Lambo owner yet, so my good deeds don't support this particular cause. But currently I've been helping a gent in Belarus work out the files to CNC cut skeleton pieces out of wood and aluminum to create a full size skeleton replica of an airplane. It will hang in a childrens museum. Fun and technical but it should look pretty cool.
Love this thread, love the comments.

#24 ·
No leg pulling guys. I have been a mad scientist all my life. I just found out that being a land developer pays a whole lot more than research. I am working toward enough money to work on exotic physics problems and advanced propulsion systems. That is why I am building a 4000 sf shop and for me that will have full blown machine facilities. I can then build my own prototypes and run experiments without prying eyes. I am using the revenue from developments to build warehouses and set up lots of long term passive income. Unfortunately, research of this type is expensive. I think we are cave men in our technology. We think we are advanced but using a controlled explosion to put things into space. Apollo rockets produced over 6,000.000 pounds of thrust just to launch an RV sized vehicle to the moon. What a waste of energy. Just because we dont have the answer yet does not mean it is not out there. I believe our theories of physics and gravity will be rewritten this century. Hopefully I might play a small part in that. If not, maybe my work will open a door that leads someone else to the answers. At least it will be a lot of fun trying. Also, often when looking for answers to big questions, small discoveries are made. Even small discoveries are often very profitable and can advance mankind. Sakura, I think the current quantum gravity theory is flawed. I also said string theory was a crock back when it was first introduced. (it has fallen out of favor now) I think gravity may be a form of compressive energy. That would explain while the search for the graviton has been so difficult. Think about it. Take away the force of gravity and the sun blinks out. The only reason the sun and other stars emit so much energy is the nuclear fusion resulting from the compression of gravity. So which is the real source of energy., the gravity or the fusion? Without a chicken there are no eggs, Lee

Reactions: REKIII
#29 ·
Yeah I remember a movie about that.LOL. In reality , time travel is probably way beyond our technology. Extremely dangerous if someone could do it.. I do think however that advanced propulsion is within our grasp. Not easy but not impossible. (I dont mean eating too many beans and a well placed match either) If we dont dare to dream and reach for the stars, we will never get there.. Many modern conveniences were only dreams 50 years ago and not even ideas 100 years ago. Here are some quotes from the past for perspective: "If man were meant fly he would have wings." " The Earth is flat and you will sail off the end of it if you go too far." (A popular belief held when Columbus sailed. ) "It is impossible to put a man on the moon by the end of this decade" etc, etc, There are thousands of examples where technology and discovery made common belief proven wrong... This ship is unsinkable. LOL So believe my friends and amazing things may happen.

Reactions: Sakura
#30 ·
Lee, I have expressed numerous times before, and not to be a wet blanket, but time travel resides in the realm of fantasy. Though, there is nothing wrong with delving into the limitless what ifs. In some ways I am glad that time travel is not possible since it prevents mankind from unlimited opportunities to screw things up more than they are already. ;)

#33 ·
We've achieved teleportation on an atomic level for a small amount of time. I agree with Lee. Many examples throughout history were thought to be impossible... Yet proven that it is within our realm. Heck... Good luck building structures these days with the precision and accuracy they did thousands of years ago... Manchu, stone henge, great pyramids, list goes on. Time travel is a whole different level I get that. But a boys gotta dream!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

#41 ·
Just to put my 2cents on the time travel subject. I hate saying something is impossible, but OK, lets say time TRAVEL is impossible. What about time viewing? If we accomplish light speed travel, you are traveling faster than light. Everything we see is transmitted by our ability to see light, right? So, if you were to speed away from earth, faster than the speed of light, then turn around and view earth with a VERY high powered scope, you would be looking into the past. The further and faster you go, the farther back you'd see.
In essence, we are currently doing that right now when we view stars. We've all seen the pics of stars (or other things in our galaxy and beyond) that are 100's or 1000's of light years away. A light year is defined by the distance light travels in one earth year, so the images we are seeing are what the star looked like 100 or 1000 years ago.
Pretty neat, to my nerdlinger brain.

#42 ·
I think most people dont realize that when you look up into space you are already looking into the past. As you pointed out. the universe is billions of light years across. Right now the observable universe is some 13 billion light years. That means we are observing light that left the star, supernova or galaxy billions of years ago. There is actually a form of time travel that occurs regularly. Clocks on the space station and satellites move slower than on earth. It is only small fractions of a second but measurable. The reason we call it space time is that the speed of light is constant for all viewers. If for example , you were racing a light beam at near the speed of light , it would still appear to you to be going 186,000 miles per second away from you. (Not running beside you as you would think) Since the speed of light is constant then the only other thing that can vary is time. Many of Einsteins predictions have been proven correct. Time slowing down for those traveling faster is well documented. The faster you go , the slower the time for you . At the speed of light , time stops. Beyond the speed of light it would run backwards. If wormholes exist which are a shortcut through spacetime, you would pop out on the other side in the past of the observer from earth. You however would not realize the change. My real interest is much more in advanced propulsion systems. If we can travel much faster, then the exploration of our planets and nearby stars becomes commonplace. There is the very strong argument that if we could travel through time then space tourists would already be here. I dont see us solving the problem for that in the foreseeable future but fast spaceships oh yeah. Think if you told someone in 1900 that you could fly across the planet at Mach 3. You would be a nut and crazy. Impossible only means someone has not done it yet. 4 minute mile........ impossible. I think we can only realize that we just dont know. Time travel. Very improbable but fun to think about. Really fast propulsion not just possible but highly likely. Just needs time . Lee

Reactions: REKIII
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.