1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
113 Posts
someone here must know Kyle. I'd hope Kyle would respond with the other story. We all saw what happened to Dime Racing when stuff came out about them. I've never heard a negative thing about CFI before.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
someone here must know Kyle. I'd hope Kyle would respond with the other story. We all saw what happened to Dime Racing when stuff came out about them. I've never heard a negative thing about CFI before.

Like i said, this is not something I wanted to do. And would like an amicable resolve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
So you paid $60K as deposit without getting anything in return for 1-2 years? And nothing was installed in your car? Most vendor will not prepare your parts in advance without full payment because of the risk of non-payment. Get a lawyer to handle it for you. IRS also would like to see where that $60K went ;)

·
Registered
838 Posts
How did you make payment? I assume a wire transfer? Have you tried contacting the local authorities? What I would do is file a police report and follow up with a letter to the DA's office and let them know what happen. It's basically wire fraud which is a pretty serious crime. Good luck.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you paid $60K as deposit without getting anything in return for 1-2 years? And nothing was installed in your car? Most vendor will not prepare your parts in advance without full payment because of the risk of non-payment. Get a lawyer to handle it for you. IRS also would like to see where that $60K went ;)

Ok but even if I didn’t go ahead with the full build you’d at least expect either get your money that you’ve paid back or get a smaller build.
Nope, had nothing for the $60k.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How did you make payment? I assume a wire transfer? Have you tried contacting the local authorities? What I would do is file a police report and follow up with a letter to the DA's office and let them know what happen. It's basically wire fraud which is a pretty serious crime. Good luck.

Yes by wire transfer. I’m in Dubai so they’re not interested.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Looks like Kyle wants to go the same way....

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,285 Posts
Have you posted your complaint on his Facebook page?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Pretty strange reply since he had to know you would post that here? and you were right to. Bringing something like this to forum should only be used if all other attempts to resolve fail. And sounds like that is what you tried to do. Where people hand over money like this reputation of vendor is everything, this would certainly keep me away from them

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pretty strange reply since he had to know you would post that here? and you were right to. Bringing something like this to forum should only be used if all other attempts to resolve fail. And sounds like that is what you tried to do. Where people hand over money like this reputation of vendor is everything, this would certainly keep me away from them

Exactly. I even stated in my post that I didn’t want to be doing this but what choice do I have. He is a small business so as you say reputation is everything. Nowadays you can’t escape the internet/social media, it’s more powerful and longer lasting than any court judgement.

This is just one forum, there are many along with all the other outlets.

Kyle, I know you’re watching these threads. Let’s work this out before it’s too late and I add you and CFI designs to my “I Told You So” list!

Doesn’t necessarily have to be cash as I can tell you don’t have it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
interesting replies. he cares more about you posting on the forums than he does handling the issue. weird business practice.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The fact that vendor know about this issue being public yet he will not respond with his side means he is defenseless.

I would hire an attorney and serve them with a notice to cure. If they don’t cure, file a lawsuits. Cops will not help with civil matters.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Iconic, stop trolling and playing around :)

Appoint a lawyer or contact a law firm ASAP. The lawyer later will collect through debt or money collectors. These people can suspend licenses, businesses, put a serious dent in credit rating, secure assets etc for you.

If $60K means nothing for you and you just want responses from people, then by all means, troll :p

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Post noted, and I won't go near those assholes...what a piece of ****.

I would suggest that you post on every board you can, to warn others of their unscrupulous business tactics, in addition to hiring an attorney.

Just don't post anything you can't backup...and record any conversation you may have with him.

This sounds like the 360 Forged story from years ago...and they got banned as sponsors from most boards as a result of the unscrupulous dealings with their customers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Iconic, stop trolling and playing around :)

Appoint a lawyer or contact a law firm ASAP. The lawyer later will collect through debt or money collectors. These people can suspend licenses, businesses, put a serious dent in credit rating, secure assets etc for you.

If $60K means nothing for you and you just want responses from people, then by all means, troll :p

This is already now in motion.

This thread is so others don’t make the same mistake as myself. I’m definitely not here to troll or collect responses.

I’d rather this get sorted out before than be in this position.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Post noted, and I won't go near those assholes...what a piece of ****.

I would suggest that you post on every board you can, to warn others of their unscrupulous business tactics, in addition to hiring an attorney.

Just don't post anything you can't backup...and record any conversation you may have with him.

This sounds like the 360 Forged story from years ago...and they got banned as sponsors from most boards as a result of the unscrupulous dealings with their customers.

It’s ironic as CFI Designs was referred to me by another forum member.

I haven’t said anything that can’t be proved.

·
Registered
113 Posts
people say "oh you're a Underground fanboy" anytime I mention them. It's not a fanboy to spend a little extra money and sleep at night with piece of mind.

There is a reason you never hear horror stories like this about VF Engineering or Underground. I don't want to deal with an even 3% possibility of getting boned.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts