Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4

770 PS, coming from a revised 6.5-liter V12 engine. Previous reports suggest it will be able to sprint from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.8 seconds and reach a top speed of over 350 km/h (217.4 mph).

The company allegedly plans to build 20 coupes and 20 convertibles for $2.4 million each.

Newly published Lamborghini patent images might give us a preview of the upcoming Centenario (before its Geneva debut), which celebrates the hundredth anniversary of Ferruccio Lamborghini's birth.

Could this be the new Lamborghini Centenario LP770-4 - the STORY on LamboCARS.com

Lamborghini Centenario possibly revealed in patent photos

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I saw this before. Allegedly, Lamborghini applied for a design patent to this design back in October. I don't think (and hope not) that this is the upcoming Centenario. It looks more like an extended wheelbase Huracan. Since the Centenario is based on the flagship V12 model, it is likely to have scissor (Lambo) doors. This design, based on the Huracan, clearly can not have such doors. All in all, I must say that there are a couple of interesting design points, but the whole thing over all disappoints. It is rather unsightly with certain parts looking too long and other parts too small. I'm also surprised at the lack of quality of these designs. It looks more like some amateur high school project than something that was done by professionals.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,899 Posts
Pretty nice looking! Has a lot of Sesto Elemento to it, at least from the profile.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I saw this before. Allegedly, Lamborghini applied for a design patent to this design back in October. I don't think (and hope not) that this is the upcoming Centenario. It looks more like an extended wheelbase Huracan. Since the Centenario is based on the flagship V12 model, it is likely to have scissor (Lambo) doors. This design, based on the Huracan, clearly can not have such doors. All in all, I must say that there are a couple of interesting design points, but the whole thing over all disappoints. It is rather unsightly with certain parts looking too long and other parts too small. I'm also surprised at the lack of quality of these designs. It looks more like some amateur high school project than something that was done by professionals.
I couldn't agree more. It looks like a Huracan that has spent some time inside a hydraulic press.

·
Premium Member
15,899 Posts
Russ, if you need the money, I'll spot you for an optometry appointment. ;) JK, JK. :D
Thanks Doc! I might need a winning lottery ticket with that free appointment.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Low res photo leaked. Here it is blown up:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Really hoping that is not the final design...kind of a let down if it is. And certainly not worth the 2.4M if it is.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Display screen in the Centenario center console.
The quote:

"I always tried to do my best."
-Ferruccio Lamborghini

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the link to the broadcast on RaiTV with teaser shots of the Centenario (starts at 10:00):
Video Rai.TV - TG2 - TG 2 Motori del 28/02/2016

It looks like the car will be entirely carbon fiber with yellow painted accents along the bottom, and yellow piping on the interior:

The front slats and lip:

Looks like the wheels are made out of carbon fiber (Agera eat your heart out), with raw and clear coated CF to give some contrast:

The side air vents behind the doors:

Confirmation the doors do go up (for those who doubted):

Triple exhaust:

Engine (almost looks like the cross brace is made out of Forged Carbon, seems to be some marbling in it):

Body looks to be clear coated carbon fiber (no paint):

Looks like alcantara was used extensively, with yellow piping to accent:

·
Premium Member
15,899 Posts
Nice! Some interesting photos.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I like it.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The official Lamborghini video: got blocked...

Re-uploaded at a crappier quality and no sound/description so it doesn't get blocked..

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I'm not too crazy about all those yellow accents (especially the ones in the rear) but what a beautiful design! I really love it. Remember the Reventon? That looked like a dinosaur, compared to this.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts