Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

New member - long time reader.. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this post.

On a very hot day this past summer, I lazily rounded a corner ended up behind a slow moving vehicle and passed without downshifting. The car didn't have enough speed for the gear so I kind of depressed the clutch, blipped accelerator to bring up the engine speed then entered the car park.

I parked.. and the car completely died, it was as though it would not turn over. I let it cool off for around 1/2 hour and managed to start it again, only now the car behaved as though it would stall under low idle.

I got it home to diagnose and received the P2198, P2196 and P1426 errors.

I started reading through the forum, firstly following Clowns post on cleaning the Throttle bodies, because I thought it could be MAF related. Cleared the codes and no improvement.

Then I changed the plugs, thinking that maybe one was fouled, codes came back and no improvement.

Today I was trying to diagnose the O2 sensors, voltage appears correct but the one at the bottom of the drivers side is difficult to get to, so I haven't been able to test.

Strange thing is that for the sake of testing I unplugged the harness to the O2 sensor and the idle behavior didn't change at all, it was still doing the fluctuation of idle sounding like it was going to stall.

The general behavior of the vehicle is as though you always have to maintain a higher RPM in order for it drive, it will bog down upon acceleration, and under regular idle it feels as though it will stall. As well the idle sounds a little uneven.

Again, thanks for taking the time to read this, I certainly feel like an idiot for driving the car in this way to cause the problem. This is my first Lambo, I appreciate the community and availability of resources to learn the car. I have no further ideas at this point, and would appreciate any guidance you could give me.

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks very much for your suggestions.

I cleaned up the connection points on the junction box, cleared the errors unfortunately it didn't remedy the situation.

The exhaust on the right hand side was running cooler then the left, reading over some of the other posts I checked all the fuses in the drivers compartment, everything is fine .. I thought it must still be 02 related, did a bench test on them and everything seems to be operating as expected.

Took the car out just down the street and ended up stuck for 45 mins * did get to meet all the neighbors *, car stalled under low idle and wouldn't start again. It was as though it wasn't getting fuel (full tank).

Managed to get it started to get back home, got it in the driveway and it won't start back up again, same symptom - just sounds like its not getting fuel, the pump is turning on making the click noise, and its turning over just not continuing to run.

** When it did run on the way home, it was the same situation as before, I needed to keep the revs up so it didn't stall **

Any suggestions at all would be appreciated before I throw in the towel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately Not

Unfortunately not,

I haven't gone in for dealer diagnostics yet.. I really feel like its something stupid I'm missing. Are you experiencing the same thing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts