Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently bought a 2005 Gallardowhich has been parked for the last 4-5 years. It ran when I bought it, but only on safe mode. The car was partly disassembled, so I put it back together and got it running. After sorting it out I am down to the last few issues: Two things happened, both equally bad, since I don't have access to LARA or similar.

First I must have pulled the rear brake warning loose, so now I have a yellow brake light. Should be easy to fix.

Second is worse, since I have an intermittent CEL for bank 6-10 (left bank). I only get it on idle, and it disappear efter I drive the car for a minute or so. Until I am back on idle, then I get the CEL back.

There is nothing wrong with the engine, it runs absolutely perfect. I have actually never driven a G that run better than this one. I am guessing since it only has 18 k miles on it. So there is no lack of power, stumbling, missing, smoking or anything like that. I just took a drive during my lunch break and it hits 140 way too fast... :)

I'm just asking here, hoping that someone recognize the symptoms? CEL on one bank, only on idle, goes away when the car is moving.

Any thoughts would be very appreciated!

Regards,

Johan

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
> Second is worse, since I have an intermittent CEL for bank 6-10 (left bank).

Plug in an OBDII code reader. Which error codes does it show?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I have tried, but I can't get a reading with either of my two ODB2 readers. I have EasyDiag (which works beautifully on my F430) and Carly (which works equally great on my BMW and MINI).

Any recommendations for an iPhone app that work with Lamborghini? Or a stand-alone ODB2 reader that is compatible with Lambo?

Regards,

Johan

·
Registered
181 Posts
Have you tried the OBD reader with the engine running? For some reason, one of my OBD scanners only works when engine on. The other works with just ignition.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tricolore999, thanks, I will try that!

Lautlos, is that the one now replaced with Innova 3030?

Regards,

Johan

·
Registered
340 Posts
I use a Blue Driver OBD 2 reader on mine. The owner of the company uses his own Huracan for testing, so I was confident it would work. :wave:

If all else fails, I've had codes pulled by parts stores before. Maybe you can try that in the mean time? Let us know what you code it's spitting out. And the yellow light, is it the banana light for the active spoiler? If it is, there are a couple threads on here on how to "disable" that light (in my case, after I went to a SL wing)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts