Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
‘07 G Nera gated 6speed, '12 Maserati GT MC, sold, '95 355 Ferrari- sold, '05 SL65 AMG- sold
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really considering the LOC 5 exhaust. Want a bit more power and better sound. Can I get better sound by avoiding straight pipe install? I don’t want my neighbors to post notes on my front door. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have had Klein, Fabspeed, Tubi, LOC on my past Gallardos. Nothing sounded better than the LOC with the catless mids. That was the epitome of the engine noises. My second fav was Tubi, then Klein, then Fabspeed. All these systems were valved so upon idle or low rev, wasn't horribly loud (minus LOC of course) but when under load, it sounds damn good and louder.

My suggestion, its your car, you love the sound of it, go LOC. Just keep her tame and quiet when coming home so not to piss off neighbors.

Reactions: Rainier G

·
Registered
‘07 G Nera gated 6speed, '12 Maserati GT MC, sold, '95 355 Ferrari- sold, '05 SL65 AMG- sold
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome thanks guys! I’ve noticed valved systems are about 3k more. Price we pay 😎

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have an LOC on Pre-lp and VERY happy with it. I am still running stock cats and the car is very loud. Without cats it is over the top loud. It all depends on what you like.

For me the db level is loud enough that a cold start wakes people up at my home. If you are in 'public' people turn heads when it starts. It sounds awesome for sure, and I think you can keep the cats and still have GREAT sound.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an LOC on Pre-lp and VERY happy with it. I am still running stock cats and the car is very loud. Without cats it is over the top loud. It all depends on what you like.

For me the db level is loud enough that a cold start wakes people up at my home. If you are in 'public' people turn heads when it starts. It sounds awesome for sure, and I think you can keep the cats and still have GREAT sound.
Awesome thank you!! What did parts and labor run you?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Awesome thank you!! What did parts and labor run you?
Bought exhaust from @Jason B (great service and best price), and I put it on myself. Took about 2-3 hours and my son gave me a hand pulling the back bumper on and off. Goes on VERY easy.

cold start

Here is a fun vid of the sounds of a Huracan vs Pre-lp. Shots from the H you can hear the G better and vice versa. You can hear the H has a lot more popping, and the G with the LOC barks more high pitch on downshifts. The sound of the LOC is incredible!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Really considering the LOC 5 exhaust. Want a bit more power and better sound. Can I get better sound by avoiding straight pipe install? I don’t want my neighbors to post notes on my front door. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
If you ever want your wife/gf to ride in the car again do not get a straight pipe, the droning will give you a headache in no time and there is no pitch to it, just loud as **** and painful. I put a kline innovation on mine sounds like an AV now hi pitch, huge difference in throttle response, picked up about 15HP, reduced weight in the rear end 75lbs and oh yes shoots huge flames.
If you go with straight pipes your neighbors will not be your friends, mine loved the sound of mine, my neighborhood is gated, small with lots of curves so slow speed but when I leave their is a long straight main road just rip it! only when i leaving lol

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Str8 piped on these cars does not drone. I’ve had so many systems and I’ve never heard drone in any. You can’t even get drone given the motors in back and the exhaust, is behind it. Lol

·
Vendor
2,666 Posts
I have the Loc 5 in stock and my price will be less than the factory website. I also have this same system on my own car with the Larini high flow cats. These are 90%+ as loud at the catless pipes and give a more tuned sound and don’t give the fumes and gunk that can shoot out of the exhaust. If you don’t care about fumes and want to shoot flames the catless pipes will do that and are much less. I have all brands and can get you pretty much any setup. Feel free to call or text me at 717-319-2100

Here is mine:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Larini is the best for the Gallardo in my opinion. Mine had it installed when I purchased it. At the time really hadn't any idea what it might sound like. Then, the driver of the transporter started it and the sound was utterly traveling through me! I have cats on mine now, when I got it, it didn't -- not much difference in tone with cats. LOVE IT!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts