Lamborghini Talk banner

Cars of 2022

14K views 226 replies 12 participants last post by  Luzifer 
#1 ·
In between jobs this afternoon I brought in my wheels at a tire shop for a fresh set of tires then went to do my last job of the day. Got home after 5, hurried up to put the wheels back on the car, took a 15 minute nap just in time for the local news while grabbing a quick bite and coffee and went out to test out the new shoes. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow so I shook off the sleepiness in me.
The new tires are pretty decent, they hook better than the bald ones I had! Downtown I saw this white Huracan I hadn't seen yet. I was only able to get a last second shot, I continued on my milk run tour, I was a little sad I didn't have time to take a better shot. About 35 minutes later on my way back I spotted him again and took a couple shots at the red light.

This car confirms that in 2021-2022 I've seen an equal amount of Huracans as C7 Corvettes. They are very popular!

Sky Land vehicle Car Cloud Tire

Car Vehicle Speedometer Trip computer Plant

See less See more
#3 ·
This Gallardo is often left in the rain and I even took pictures of it under a blanket of snow last year.

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Grey Huracan a few weeks ago.

Car Building Vehicle Speedometer Trip computer

I was doing some errands this afternoon and decided to head back home going through the center core. Comming toward me from far away I first thought it was another Huracan but getting nearer it wasn't so. This is the second Aventador I've seen, the other one last year with half gold wrap and another half of mish mash was hideous. We went up street but I only got rear shots. At one point he decided to rev it and I heard a woman scream in fear something like "$hit", it scared her all right! Further on he stopped at a light to turn I stopped for a second snapped a quick pick gave his friend a thumbs up and I sped off. The side profile is nice, the rear end I'm not impressed.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Building Speedometer

Wheel Land vehicle Car Tire Vehicle

#5 ·
The color matches your car!

I'm going to need to go for another ride this afternoon to clear my head, got an angry client I have to deal with. Got a caller at 7am, a woman who was obnoxious started cursing on the phone but I saw that one coming she was immediately disqualified. I'm going to explore changing careers and educate myself in flipping houses, I'm starting to have enough of this.

#8 ·
@Rcasa20 this one's for you! This evening's ride cleared my head riding under Luzifer's metallic cloak. Just for another bit of my soul he granted me a glimpse of another Huracan. Took a rear shot and continued on my usual run and guess what at my next spot he had parked there for a few minutes, I told myself this is it, it's my time to take static pictures. I didn't care people staring at me from across the street while snapping away. The first pic turned out great, this car is beautiful!

I walked back to the dark soul waiting to take me into the darkness.

Got a few thumbs up in the process. :)

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Cloud Sky Car Vehicle Atmosphere

#12 ·
Another Huracan! Now outnumbering C7 Corvettes that I see on the road. I bet the owner was looking at his car from the window and saw this admirer taking 3 dozen pictures.... Yes more pics in my collection.

I never was a fan of soft tops, it doesn't match the rest. I have a Targa top on my car, took it off 3 times and I hated being exposed, my face melting in the sun, I can feel my skin literally burn just like a vampire.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

#14 ·
Wow another one tonight, I can't believe it!

I was waiting at a red light to turn when I spotted this one ahead, I was fumbling to get my phone out while the driver of a jeep beside me was yelling to me "Rev It" The occupants kept yelling that over and over and I'm thinking to myself can't you see I'm busy and I've more important things to do like snapping pictures of this car? :p I revved it just a little to satisfy them while I was snapping away.

To reward myself for another week of hard work I went to to my favorite Mexican restaurant when it got dark. :)

Car Sky Building Vehicle Wheel

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Tire

#18 · (Edited)
This is probably going to be the most epic shots of the summer. Well maybe not with the other most beautiful H I have seen but not posted yet. As I was cruising down the street I saw this Carrera GT with a free spot behind it so I quickly turned around in a side street but at the same moment I heard and spotted a tiny glimpse of a Huracan. For one second I debated do I try to catch up to the H which is 4 cars in front of me or go for the million dollar car? I chose the million dollar car. Strange how most people weren't caring at all walking by this rare million+ dollar car just sitting there.

As I'm snapping away I hear a blip of a Lambo engine, I raise my head and I guess the H had the same idea to come back for another peek. It was the same H with the wing I caught a few days earlier. I stood back getting ready to snap an epic combo. As I'm holding the phone up high, the H driving by, a guy says to me "This is a super car parade"! Oh yeah!

I spotted 2 other Lambos today and I will post them a couple days from now. What a great day!

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

#20 · (Edited)
As I was hopping in my car after hunting for diecasts yesterday I saw this Gallardo, I wonder if it's the same one I photographed last year and was sold. I forgot to say later after taking the Carrera GT pictures The was another Corvette behind me, a Unicorn C7 ZR1. Too bad it was behind me I couldn't take any pictures, it was all white with a little black and the hood bulging hinting at a huge engine and girth were menacing.

Car Sky Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

#27 ·
I was starting to forget about this one, it was on the same night as the Carrera. Anyway as I got closer I started to see the orange trim that was peeling I'm starting to wonder if wrapping an entire car is a bad idea plus what about the razor blade while trimming and cuts into the paint beneath?

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Wheel

Grille Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Automotive lighting Hood

#31 ·
I was starting to forget about this one, it was on the same night as the Carrera. Anyway as I got closer I started to see the orange trim that was peeling I'm starting to wonder if wrapping an entire car is a bad idea plus what about the razor blade while trimming and cuts into the paint beneath?

View attachment 313739

View attachment 313746 h
Wow, that does look like a poor wrap job! I had a ppf installer cut into my paint on a prior vehicle. They are closer than my normal guy so I thought I'd give them a chance. Never again! But, at least they didn't try to hide it, which I've seen companies try to do and have heard of, and had it repainted perfectly at their cost and then applied the ppf at no cost after 45 days of paint curing.

#28 · (Edited)
A few things, I still feel a full PPF wrap is overkill, and simply the front-end and rockers are sufficient and I am adamant when it comes to my installers they are to reserve all razor blades for their morning shave and I do not want them anywhere near my cars. Lastly, although the Urus is a nice I personally am not plussed by SUVs', I just don't like them.

#29 ·
A full wrap for me means changing the car's appearance to save on the cost of painting the whole car.

I saw an Orange Urus the other week and it only grabbed my attention at the last second because I had never seen a Porsche SUV in that color! Oops I saw the badge on the hood while it drove on. Not a fan of their appearance either.

#33 ·
^^@Luzifer, do not judge PPFs by the example pictured above because that is just a poor job by a untalented technician/installer. The only time I had a job "almost" as bad as that was on my 2018 718 Cayman S and it was a Porsche dealership effort. I have since found a stellar local installer in the Austin area that does impeccable work. Bottomline, the single most important factor with PPF installation is the quality/talent of the installer.

#34 ·
Three Lambos out tonight including an Aventador I had not seen before. The A pictured below, we were on the same street for a couple blocks until I was continuing on my evening tour. Usually I crack my windows only an inch and a half but with the amazing sound from the V12 in front I had lowered them all the way.:) Surprisingly even though at one point we were at a snail's pace in a dense crowd I'd say only one or two people out of ten would look at it even though you couldn't ignore the engine sound.

I then spotted the purple H parked so I snapped a few more close up pics I didn't get to take the first time.

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Motor vehicle White

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Hood Purple Vehicle Motor vehicle

Car Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Hood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.