Lamborghini Talk banner
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,744 Posts
Nice Diablo in post #100. Is the exhaust note impressive on the Diablo?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
@Lambo2018

He was in the parade however I didn't even notice the exhaust sound, they were all going slow. The cop leading the pack made sure it was at grandma's pace and many cars in the back were getting impatient. When the jumble of square toaster cars got out of the parade the cop stayed, the sports cars did 2 more laps alone but they didn't have space to be loud. I also don't remember too much about the sound of the one I was behind last year (The same one in the man cave). I have more close ups if anyone is interested.

After that there was a section for them to do short pulls but all the Lambo's opted out. Not many Ferraris either, they're all garage queens! They had to put a beamer and get a Maclaren to take their spot spot, the Mac broke down and had to be pushed back. Then there was a C6 Corvette on steroids which stole the entire show! It was obvious the guy was a real drag racer. My GF said hey that's not fair you could of been in it! I said I know I've been practising pulls on this same stretch for 2 years!

I have a few more cars from last weekend to post and keeping my favorite for last.

Car Cloud Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,744 Posts
The Ford GT has nice body lines and has aged quite well. Funny, to date I have never owned an American car...........

• Wow
Reactions: Luzifer

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 · (Edited)
I'm not going out driving tonight so I have some time posting pictures of the ultimate car last week. I got some perfect shots in there.

I'll start off with a close up, looking at the pictures I noticed something no one seemed to ever mention to my knowledge, the designers are clever, very clever. That's why it's the flag ship, have you ever looked closely at these vents that seem to do nothing, they represent nostrils. The hexagon the nose, the gold badge a brass ring. The splitter the bull's lips.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Jaw Terrestrial animal Snout Whiskers Working animal

Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Bumper

Automotive tire White Motor vehicle Road surface Automotive design

Grille Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Wheel Automotive tire Hood Grille Tire

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Back to regular car spotting I suppose. Remember this snow Lambo, I stumbled on it Sunday last week, I wasn't really into it but I stopped anyway to take some shots but at least I know what the interior looks like.

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky

Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
The Ford GT has nice body lines and has aged quite well. Funny, to date I have never owned an American car...........
Any Ford GT looks modern and exotic, I love them all.

I'm a Toyota 4runner guy they over built those mini trucks. I have a Chevy work van, pretty damn reliable, I bought it from military surplus. However many parts are so cheap and flimsy it's stupid. And of course the Corvette, now I'm dealing with a big flaw about it, I replaced the starter because of heat soak and the new one is less than 2 month and starting to act up again so I just ordered some exhaust wrap to shield the pipe and I hope it solves the issue.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,744 Posts
I steered clear of American cars up to this point because reliability was uneven at best. American cars were well made eons ago but not of late. I know wanting a C8 is a bit of a gamble.......

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I went to a car show this weekend and wow this race edition of the C8 looked good. It's tempting to get myself an allocation for a Z06 if prices don't drop on the Huracan in the winter/spring of 2023. Problem is there's going to be too many on the road. I'm posting the interior of the car beside it too.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Vehicle Car Steering part Car seat cover Automotive design

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,744 Posts
^^Nice. I get it that the C8 will be somewhat common but if it's fun ride I'm good.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
I steered clear of American cars up to this point because reliability was uneven at best. American cars were well made eons ago but not of late. I know wanting a C8 is a bit of a gamble.......
Talking about the C8 I posted a few seconds after your comment. As far as the C7 goes I love it, I put 40 000km in 2.5 summers. Now over 80 000km. I do a lot of accelerations, I'm already on my 3rd set of tires. I drive it every night, do groceries and do road trips on the weekends. I replaced the HMI (infotainment module $800), the actuator that locks the fuel doors (under warrantee worth $85), RPM speed sensor (under warrantee), starter $287, battery.

The funny thing the parts are 1/4 the price of my old 4runner! It's incredible how inexpensive the parts are.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,744 Posts
Talking about the C8 I posted a few seconds after your comment. As far as the C7 goes I love it, I put 40 000km in 2.5 summers. Now over 80 000km. I do a lot of accelerations, I'm already on my 3rd set of tires. I drive it every night, do groceries and do road trips on the weekends. I replaced the HMI (infotainment module $800), the actuator that locks the fuel doors (under warrantee worth $85), RPM speed sensor (under warrantee), starter $287, battery.

The funny thing the parts are 1/4 the price of my old 4runner! It's incredible how inexpensive the parts are.
That is reassuring to hear about the C7. I know there are some bugs that had to be worked out of the C8, and hopefully by the time I get mine it will be trouble free.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts

No cars are immune from problems

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,744 Posts

No cars are immune from problems
I looked that thread over in the past, and given the C8 has been out for a few years hopefully they have been able to address many of the issues.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I looked that thread over in the past, and given the C8 has been out for a few years hopefully they have been able to address many of the issues.
If there’s issues, one has to look at the overall failure rate. If the C8 has 50,000 in circulation and other exotics only have 10,000 those failures could actually have a lower rate of failure. Then one has to figure that every major city in America has a dealership that can service the warranty. Plus, as stated, repairs are cheaper.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
There's 3-4 dealers in the area but I've had very bad experience with 3 of them from trying to purchase a car at one place or getting repairs done under warrantee from the other two. Not all dealers are bad but I didn't have any luck yet.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,744 Posts
There's 3-4 dealers in the area but I've had very bad experience with 3 of them from trying to purchase a car at one place or getting repairs done under warrantee from the other two. Not all dealers are bad but I didn't have any luck yet.
There are good dealerships out there whether GM or Lamborghini but it can take time ferreting them out. I wish I had better luck in Texas with both GM and Lamborghini. I am on the list for the C8 at MSRP in Kentucky and you guys know my Lamborghini dealership is in Charlotte North Carolina.........I am the automotive equivalent of the traveling man. :giggle:

101 - 120 of 120 Posts