Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As driving season is coming to a close in about 2 weeks and storing my car for the next 5 months I think back of all the good times I had this summer going out on my evening drive taking pics of several parked Lambo's and other exotics.

EDIT : (Unbeknownst to me turns out it's a kit car Countach and the owner never said anything!!)

In the spring I talked to the gentleman who owns this car, I talked about Lambo's while he was interested in the Vette since his wife had the same model. He wasn't too impressed when I mentioned I was saving up for a Huracan, he was calling it just an R8.....Sure Sure.
I saw him again later in the summer and they were on the sidewalk beside the car as I was driving slowly in the market, his wife was staring at my car while I was looking at his. haha! :D

The others I didn't see their respectful owners. While I was taking pictures of the satin red evo some teens asked to see the interior of my car while I was hurrying up to snap pics of the evo before it left. Then at some point I heard a woman saying my car was the bat mobile.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Window

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Tire

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The black Huracan was the highlight as it was nice to compare both black cars side by side.

The red spyder, I heard from a Gallardo owner, was a father's gift to his 18 year old son...

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a very rough morning then I was supposed to close up shop early in the afternoon and take it easy when I got a call and head out back to work. Oh well more funds for the project! :) I finally accomplished the day and went out to grab a bite at my favorite restaurant and continued on my drive, it was beautiful the air was cold and crisp and the exhaust noises really woke up. I was in the market and pedestrians wouldn't let me through at the stop sign, instead of honking I did a little blip of throttle and I saw people stopped dead in their tracks and finally let me through.

Later on coming towards straight me I heard this V10 engine sound, oh I knew what it was! I barely saw it but it was an Avio, by the time I turned the car around I wasn't sure which street he took but all of a sudden I saw it parked so I went to snap some pictures. A few minutes later a guy walked up and explained he heard some loud noises from far away while he was across the street up in a high-rise apartment building. When he looked down from the balcony he saw the lambo and my car parked and thought it was some sort of car show and his girlfriend was asking why the cars were reving, nope they were downshifts and in this crisp air it really crackles and resonates. Beautiful. She thought the noise were from mustangs... The guy only had time to take a few pics of both our cars when his GF texted him back to go back upstairs.

Then some kids showed up with their dad and one of them exclaimed it was a Lamborghini but then added to his statement which one is it? I explained it was an Avio and asked how I knew. His dad said it looks like he knows his stuff. While I replied I was a big fan...

When I went to work this morning I had patted the mini lambo on my dash, I didn't expect this, Oh yeah!

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle

Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Wheel Hood

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

Speedometer Car Automotive lighting Odometer Gauge

Car Vehicle Speedometer Automotive lighting Trip computer

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
You do know that is a kit car countach……..right?
So, as he may not been impressed with your corvette, at least yours was made by the factory, while his was made in his garage. I would have asked to see the motor and if he was portraying the countach as real, totally embarrass him.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You do know that is a kit car countach……..right?
So, as he may not been impressed with your corvette, at least yours was made by the factory, while his was made in his garage. I would have asked to see the motor and if he was portraying the countach as real, totally embarrass him.

What makes it a kit car? I have more pictures if you want to dissect it and I'd like to know the clues. It would be interesting to open another thread about this particular car. He told me he had re-upholstered the leather by a shop.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
What makes it a kit car? I have more pictures if you want to dissect it and I'd like to know the clues. He told me he had re-upholstered the leather by a shop.
It’s wrong everywhere
Wheel arches
Over all dimensions
Wing
Rear
The interior is all wrong the body panels like rear deck, air intakes
Compare mine to this
Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It’s wrong everywhere
Wheel arches
Over all dimensions
Wing
Rear
The interior is all wrong the body panels like rear deck, air intakes
Compare mine to this

I'm not in any way a connoisseur of the model so it's fascinating. Didn't the countach have several modifications in body styles through out the years and also by different global owners of the company who added their own touch?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
Beautiful HP! Looks so good with a drop top.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh I forgot the interior, It was tough to take pictures, for one the sun was not at the right spot and 2 a passerby kept on chatting me up and couldn't take many.

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car

Gear shift Speedometer Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
@Luzifer, thanks for posting the assorted collection of wheels. Sports cars frequently blur the lines between Engineering and Art.

Reactions: Luzifer

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I apologize if I came
Off as too harsh. Just you kept posting trying to prove a replica to be real after the obvious explanation.
It was a misunderstanding, I wasn't trying to prove it was real, I posted more pictures so you could show me the differences between a real one and a kit car. If no one can pin point the actual differences in detail I still won't know any better if I see another one if it's real one or not.

My second question was that the Lamborghini company was sold off to several entities and from I see on the net the countach was tweaked by them, I was wondering if it was one of the different models that was produced.

It's all good though.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.