Lamborghini Talk banner

x

7K views 47 replies 25 participants last post by  DANSCAN 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Let me add to those above and say it is disturbing and disappointing when these kinds of stories surface. Let us know how we can help........maybe spread the word and add a little pressure to said dealership. As a veteran you are accustomed to a fight but wish it wasn’t necessary. Good luck. I will follow your thread for updates.

#7 · (Edited)
I fail to see how they can even have the nerve to file a lawsuit for an unfavorable review when there are so many poor reviews. I’ve heard horror stories galore on Fchat and would avoid these scoundrels like the plague at all costs.

Surprising the BBB hasn‘t them shut down.

I know the feeling as I’ve been scammed on cars (not super cars, however), and I hope it works in your favor. Let us know if we on this forum can be of any help.

#11 ·
The Youtube guy did not perform due diligence and looks like you did the same.....I wouldn't buy a car from my Mother without a thorough inspection and seeing and driving it myself. I want to look the seller in the eye before forking out large sums of money. If you don't have time to do the right thing, wait until you do. These kinds of stories are so common in the world of exotics.

That said, hopefully you can enjoy a good ownership experience...

Reactions: keeperdean
#21 ·
Words almost Escape me...who in this day and age buys an exotic that's not at a main dealer without a PPI?

It's a shame but it's a lesson you should have been more than well aware of.

Best of luck resolving it all.

Reactions: Shark01
#22 ·
The guy made a rookie mistake, no point of bashing the guy. We've all made mistakes, I know I have.

And I find it hilarious people claiming to buy from main dealers like cars at main dealers are perfectly fine. Like I posted earlier, I've seen cars at main dealers recently that have shady pasts with clean carfax reports and CPO'd.

I find the best way to find out history of a supercar is post the car on forums and social media. Someone will recognize the car and give you valuable information even beyond your typical PPI or main dealer inspection reports. There's so much shady **** going on with supercars nowadays that sometimes it's best to buy new.

#24 ·
The guy made a rookie mistake, no point of bashing the guy. We've all made mistakes, I know I have.

And I find it hilarious people claiming to buy from main dealers like cars at main dealers are perfectly fine. Like I posted earlier, I've seen cars at main dealers recently that have shady pasts with clean carfax reports and CPO'd.

I find the best way to find out history of a supercar is post the car on forums and social media. Someone will recognize the car and give you valuable information even beyond your typical PPI or main dealer inspection reports. There's so much shady **** going on with supercars nowadays that sometimes it's best to buy new.
Funny you said that because there was one incident where a dealer up north, Chicago Motor Cars took in a car on trade in and it posted as a clean title with no accidents on carfax or auto check. This guy almost bought it, but backed out after he did his background check on social media and found some disturbing images.

CMC wasn’t aware of any of this, but it happens. They quickly took the car off market after this post went live and put it through auction so now it’s somewhere in Atlanta GA the last time we checked. Here was the original post 😅

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Tire

#23 ·
PPI saved my butt several times including two recent Gallardos prior to the one I just bought a couple of months back. They needed extensive repairs to the oil pump, front axle lift, struts, and some electrical issues. They also a lot found paintwork as well, I could go on but I’m sure you got the memo. Oddly enough, one of two Gallardos I did PPI for is on sale right now on their website (white LP 550-2 coupe 50th Anniversary) for $139,000.

In addition, I just bought the boss lady a Porsche Macan GTS about 3 months ago. During the search, I paid $300 for a PPI at Porsche of Orlando and they found the infamous timing cover leak that cost an upward of $16,000+ to repair. The seller was not aware of this so it caught both of us off guard. He was very mad. Deal fell through and I bought her another GTS a week after it passed the PPI.

Of course, I'm not here to lecture about due diligence of doing your research like getting a PPI and performing seller background checks. Stuff happens and we sometimes take the words of dealerships to inform us about the condition to the best of their knowledge. Sometimes, we get those that will tell you everything you want to hear just to capitalize the sale.

Dealers should always be transparent. There is absolutely no reason you should force customers to sign an NDA unless you're coming in with the intent of misrepresenting your product and services. If you bait and switch by telling them one thing and it’s really something else, you’re deceiving. This practice is very deceptive and it reflects your business as a whole. I hope you can get things situated my friend.

#30 ·
Looks to me like a little bit of both, the OP needed more due diligence and the dealer was dirty trying to get a sale done. Bad combo.

If the car really was undrivable when it was delivered that is just completely insane on part of the dealer. How could they not expect an extremely negative reaction if that wasn't disclosed prior to the sale? The others things like the condition of the tires (which was not great but certainly not completely bald) and the slightly leaking struts I don't see as that big of an issue if the car was priced accordingly. However, I can understand the frustration if the buyer asked specifically about those things and was lied to by the dealer.

To the OP, thanks for sharing your experience and good luck finding resolution to it. Most of all I hope you'll get to enjoy that one or another Lamborghini at some point!

#31 ·
I run a dealership in Florida and am unfortunately familiar with Carrio from the wholesale side, where they also have a trash reputation. They certainly don't want the publicity of a bad Yelp review, however Google is much more harmful as far as reviews go.

There's a common misconception about CarFax reports. Dealerships cannot alter them. An accident shows up on CarFax only if there was a police report and/or an insurnace claim. A clean CarFax does not guarantee that a car has never had body work done/been repainted. That said a dealer should certainly send enough photos/videos to disclose the vehicle's paint condition, however even a cheap ($150) PPI where a guy comes to their lot usually has a paint meter that can definitely answer the question of wheter a car has been repainted, which I feel anyone should do buying any car out of state, especially a lambo.

Best of luck, if I were OP at this point I'd try to settle with them for a couple thousand for tires/CEL or offer to exchange for something else in their inventory, say that you'll remove reviews and sign another binding NDA if they do so. I highly doubt any form of legal action would do anything except create more hassle and expense.

#36 · (Edited)
Quick thought for the OP and anyone in a similar situation.

I would recommend hiring a buying agent. I talked to a car sales guy who ran a side business tracking down and buying high end cars for people. I have heard of people offering that service a few times over the years. Tell them what you want, and they go find the car and negotiate the purchase for you.

I got shafted buying my Lamborghini. So much trouble, and money, could have been saved with a PPI.

#37 ·
I give this forum and the moderators much credit for allowing warnings like this to be posted. It is a huge service to the members and to the public at large. As an Aston owner, I frequent 6Speed and Pistonheads and there is absolutely no way any warnings like this would be allowed. Any suggestion of a questionable dealer or advertisers product would be removed so fast your head would spin.

#40 ·
last year i bought a 2018 Range Rover SVR slightly used from a top rated Audi dealership for 100k i thought i was getting a good deal to my knowledge i get there the bumper of the car is falling off dealer gave me some bs excuse i was gullible and excited so i took the car anyway asked many times was car in any accidents or painted or are there any problems or imperfections the manager tells me the car is perfect like new, so when i get in car to drive home exhaust is rattling and valves shutting off and on constantly, then a few days later i take it to a body shop friend whole left side of car was painted besides tiny dents here and there. i call top rated audi dealer to ask why i was never told this they tell me it is normal for a used car to be painted bs again lies, they didn't want to honor there 7 day return policy said this car was excluded meanwhile it said it in the description.... and they did ppi and car came back good liars lol live and learn and Carfax was clean another learning experience from that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.