Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Lamborghini Huracan, 2018 Porsche Macan Turbo, 2016 Ducati monster
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that are aware of what happened to Dan on "Normal Guy Super car" with this dealership...

Well, they scammed me also.

I gave them sufficient amount of time to do the right thing before really publicly sharing my story. Unfortunately, they decided it was best to have their lawyer contact me and threaten to sue me for $25k if I leave any negative reviews on yelp or any other social media or talk about my experience with anyone else.

I am now asking for help from the Supercar community. I need my story to reach as many people as possible.

As a 3x war Marine veteran, the VA also agreed to get involved. I will also contact the local news stations around Fort Lauderdale to spread my story.

If anyone is interested in my full story, please read the Yelp review I just left.

CARRIO MOTOR CARS - 12 Photos & 19 Reviews - Car Dealers - 2300 N State Rd 7, Hollywood, FL - Phone Number (yelp.com)

I am also working on a youtube video that will share, all recorded phone calls with their manager, all text messages that I have saved, exposing them and all their lies.

Any suggestions or assistance I can receive would be greatly, greatly appreciated it.

Cheers,
Steeve

·
Registered
20 Posts
Subscribing to this post because I want to follow your story and see how things unfold. I hope you get things situated, sad to see another community member get shafted in such a short time frame.

Reactions: Taur3au

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
I certainly hope to see you get the word out and wish you the best. Also, thank you for your service!

Reactions: 45rake and Taur3au

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Let me add to those above and say it is disturbing and disappointing when these kinds of stories surface. Let us know how we can help........maybe spread the word and add a little pressure to said dealership. As a veteran you are accustomed to a fight but wish it wasn’t necessary. Good luck. I will follow your thread for updates.

Reactions: Taur3au

·
Administrator
4,015 Posts
Sorry you’re dealing with this. I sell a lot of my personal cars and the price I set is always compared to dealers like this. It is important to always shop the seller. Their reviews are horrible but always remember get a PPI no matter what. Do not rush sales like this. Let us know how we can help.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I fail to see how they can even have the nerve to file a lawsuit for an unfavorable review when there are so many poor reviews. I’ve heard horror stories galore on Fchat and would avoid these scoundrels like the plague at all costs.

Surprising the BBB hasn‘t them shut down.

I know the feeling as I’ve been scammed on cars (not super cars, however), and I hope it works in your favor. Let us know if we on this forum can be of any help.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Wow, I read your review and from what you describe it sounds like the car was an ex-rental.

I feel for you but rule #1 is never ever buy a supercar sight unseen. I've seen cars listed at authorized dealers with clean carfax history and CPO warranties with accidents and roll backs.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Some really shady stuff can and does go on. Caveat emptor is always the order of the day.

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
GL dude and let us all know if we can help…

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Some really shady stuff can and does go on. Caveat emptor is always the order of the day.
The Youtube guy did not perform due diligence and looks like you did the same.....I wouldn't buy a car from my Mother without a thorough inspection and seeing and driving it myself. I want to look the seller in the eye before forking out large sums of money. If you don't have time to do the right thing, wait until you do. These kinds of stories are so common in the world of exotics.

That said, hopefully you can enjoy a good ownership experience...

Reactions: keeperdean

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
The Youtube guy did not perform due diligence and looks like you did the same.....I wouldn't buy a car from my Mother without a thorough inspection and seeing and driving it myself. I want to look the seller in the eye before forking out large sums of money. If you don't have time to do the right thing, wait until you do. These kinds of stories are so common in the world of exotics.

That said, hopefully you can enjoy a good ownership experience...
Not sure what you mean but maybe you should help me understand my friend. You have absolutely no idea how my deals were structured now do you?

·
Registered
448 Posts
This dude had a PPI done AFTER he bought the car! Who the hell does that? In addition, he bought it from a dealer with numerous negative reviews readily available on the internet. Jesus Christ, get a life man.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
@Shark01, cheap shot? Of course it was, do me a favor, and do what sharks do, go eat your young somewhere else, friends?

·
Administrator
4,015 Posts
This dude had a PPI done AFTER he bought the car! Who the hell does that? In addition, he bought it from a dealer with numerous negative reviews readily available on the internet. Jesus Christ, get a life man.
While I am inclined to agree with you, I think you’re being a little rough with him. That being said, unless you know the seller and trust them, always do a PPI. Very few dealers I trust to buy from without PPI.

·
Registered
448 Posts
While I am inclined to agree with you, I think you’re being a little rough with him. That being said, unless you know the seller and trust them, always do a PPI. Very few dealers I trust to buy from without PPI.
You know me, I don’t pull any punches. LOL

·
Registered
2015 Lamborghini Huracan, 2018 Porsche Macan Turbo, 2016 Ducati monster
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As a veteran you are accustomed
someone who travels non stop. That’s who.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts