Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to see one up close and personal, never seen one in person they are stunningly beautiful!

Unfortunately i was only able to get a picture with my camera phone but if i get a chance i'll get more! My god it's beautiful!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Okay car, surrounded by alot of hype= Porsche. Porsches are highly overrated, GT3 Can't even take out a E55, which is a sedan. And the GT3 is a two seater sports coupe. The CGT is... alright, rather ugly from the back IMO.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Lexani said:
Okay car, surrounded by alot of hype= Porsche. Porsches are highly overrated, GT3 Can't even take out a E55, which is a sedan. And the GT3 is a two seater sports coupe. The CGT is... alright, rather ugly from the back IMO.
The looks of the GT3 are way better than the E55 looks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Lexani said:
Yeah thats until you reach a corner in the road. Put the two of them on a track which has even the slightest kink in it and the GT3 would lose a merc easily.

·
Banned
0 Posts
jamesketchell said:
Yeah thats until you reach a corner in the road. Put the two of them on a track which has even the slightest kink in it and the GT3 would lose a merc easily.
Yes, I know the GT3 will lose to a Merc easily, but come on, give Porsche some credit. They do look nice, at least your losing in style.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Diablo4Ever said:
The looks of the GT3 are way better than the E55 looks
Opinion:
"The looks of the GT3 are way better than the E55 looks."
Fact:
"E55 is faster."
:evil:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Fact:
A good driver in a slow car is faster than a bad driver in a fast car.

Fact:
With the same driver a GT3 will turn faster lap times at most circuits than the E55.

Opinion:
I have driven both cars and the GT3 is more fun to drive and is the more rewarding driver's car. The E55 is not a sports car.

Opinion:
I have spent a lot of time in the SL65 which is much faster than the E55, and the SL65 is not much fun to drive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
theres a cgt at the porsche dealership in cherryhill, nj if anyone's in the area and wants to check it out. I'm actually going down there tomorrow.

·
Banned
0 Posts
drronh said:
Fact:
A good driver in a slow car is faster than a bad driver in a fast car.

Fact:
With the same driver a GT3 will turn faster lap times at most circuits than the E55.

Opinion:
I have driven both cars and the GT3 is more fun to drive and is the more rewarding driver's car. The E55 is not a sports car.

Opinion:
I have spent a lot of time in the SL65 which is much faster than the E55, and the SL65 is not much fun to drive.
Faster lap times. Hmmm... fair enough... so whats a lap? Do we race from like one light to the other, bust a u-ey and come back, or I don't see many 'tracks' on the street. Maybe its me. :confused:

Fact:
When it comes to the road, E55 is faster.

Opinion:
E55 is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

But I guess coming from an owner wouldnt mean much.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Im not trying to hate, but lets give Mercedes some credit, please. :eek:

·
Banned
51 Posts
jerseylaw said:
theres a cgt at the porsche dealership in cherryhill, nj if anyone's in the area and wants to check it out. I'm actually going down there tomorrow.
Which dealership is that? I have to see one of these cars someday. Unfortunately, I am about 1 hour from Cherry Hill, NJ. I am waiting for Ray Catena in Edison to get one to take a look at it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
It’s an amazing piece of machinery. I was looking at a yellow one up close on Saturday. Most of it is CF and the workmanship on the CF is unbelievable.
I don’t like the looks and who wants to share a badge with a P boxter??

Other than that it is a major performer!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm not sure what porshe dealership it is exactly cause i'm not from the area but i think its called cherry hill imports or something along those lines. I passed by the place as I was coming home tonight and saw it in there show room its a black on black cgt looks incredible. imo. I'm gonna stop by later on in the afternoon and take a few pics; ill post them when i get back.

-ortiz

·
Registered
243 Posts
Lexani said:
Yes, I know the GT3 will lose to a Merc easily, but come on, give Porsche some credit. They do look nice, at least your losing in style.
I actually meant the opposite. The Merc on the road is awesome, but on a track its hopeless. The GT3 is the complete opposite, its way to stiffly sprung for everyday road use and gets kicked all over the place on a typical highway. Put it on a nice smooth track and its in its element. The merc cant keep up.

Also just for the record the SL65 isn't "way" faster than the E55 there isnt a great deal in the stats. The 65 struggles to get its power down and tends to sit in either plumes of smoke or endless traction control mode.

·
Banned
0 Posts
jamesketchell said:
I actually meant the opposite. The Merc on the road is awesome, but on a track its hopeless. The GT3 is the complete opposite, its way to stiffly sprung for everyday road use and gets kicked all over the place on a typical highway. Put it on a nice smooth track and its in its element. The merc cant keep up.

Also just for the record the SL65 isn't "way" faster than the E55 there isnt a great deal in the stats. The 65 struggles to get its power down and tends to sit in either plumes of smoke or endless traction control mode.
Your right. The SL65 has so much power, it just can't get traction. Wait till some lucky owner shoves some Nittos NTT2 on it, than high 10s might possibly be whitin reach, if Im runnin high 11s on stock tires, I believe a 65 with Nittos should pull it off, yes, it is infact much faster. 3.6 to 4.2 uh, yeah, its a lot faster. or maybe its me, if thats the case, your Gallardo is not all that faster than the E55 either, if you don't perfect, your gone. Fun stuff! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts