Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, but really like the atmosphere and tone in here at the forum I must say. Will be posting about my thoughts and plans to get my hands on my first Lambo in coming years, but first I'd ask for some insights and advice and thoughts...

We've all seen all kind of exotic cars over the years go down in value to some bottom level, and then rise up again to never going back. No-one knows anything about the future, but Im looking for what we all think about the cars on the market right now.

We are all in different parts of the world, but these cars are more or less the same all over the world, but lets go for the US prices to start with.

Today (2021 dec) the:
Murcielagos pricerange are usually between x-y
Gallardo's pricerange are usually between x-y
Aventador's pricerange are usually between x-y
Huracan pricerange are usually between x-y

But where do we believe they are heading in coming years, near future of like 3-5 years from now?

And if someone has a secret sauce or want to make a statement such as: "The Lambo XYZ with 123" is going to be the most valued Lambo in 5 years from now, compared to what you can get it for today...

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
172 Posts
you or I could be dead next week, don't over think it, just buy one when you can & enjoy it.
I believe $ are very safe to put into almost any very good quality/condition Lambo, but I also think prices are not going to drop - at least in my country.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Now that prices are where they are, I think the market will fight to keep them there. We are also in a unique situation in car history in which cars are going to transition en mass to new forms of hybrid or electric engines, so the previous generations will now have something you can’t get anymore. Bad time to be a bargain hunter IMO, you would have to source some very poor examples to save money.

Only thing I can tell you is prices will be at their lowest now in Winter and will shoot up as the snow thaws and temps rise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with static_analysis, Lamborghini will be fully electric by 2025. The Aventador ultimae will be the last Aventador of the lineage and the huracan was scheduled to end in 2024, however, the transition could change that.

VW the parent company of Audi which is the parent company of Lamborghini just recently VW sold off their stake of Bugatti to rimac changing the name to Bugatti-rimac.

Just my opinion, but it should be two different brands, Bugatti as one brand, rimac as another.

Back to the original question, as of right now due to the chip shortage for new cars there’s a shortage of new cars. However, Lamborghini may have their supply chain and/or foundries so it may not have as much of an impact.

However, that being said the price of new cars is up 10% and used cars up 26%. Once the chip supply chain is back to normal most likely the prices of new and used cars will likely normalize as well. It’s excepted for the chips and supply chains to get back to normal Q1 of 2023.
Lamborghini, specifically you will see some short fluctuations, however long term they generally follow inflation and will increase over time. That’s assuming it’s essentially sealed in a plastic bubble, not too many miles, well maintained and taken care of. However, how often you drive it, how well it’s taken care of and maintained have a lot to do with that too.

However, if you are talking about the absolute bottom I predict that will be around 2070-2075, by that time most of everything on the road will be EV, AV, or some other form of energy-powered vehicle. By 2070-75, 47 years from now the world will be almost completely out of oil if current rates continue as they are.
I don’t see much demand for vehicles that can’t operate on a fuel source that isn’t available. However, by that time it would be possible to convert a vehicle to an EV or another fuel source, as many places are already doing that now. It will just become cheaper.
At that time, it would almost be like doing an engine swap on a steam-powered car to a gas-powered one. It wouldn't make much sense unless it’s a sentimental car or some other value to the driver.

As for the secret sauce, I would generally say it’s things with low original production numbers, normally things that are scarce generally tend to be the best investments while this is not always true, most of the time it is.

Any Lamborghini that is a few off/limited edition is a good bet because they generally always increase/appreciate over MSRP, such as, the Reventon 20 units made, Veneno 3 coupes/9 roadsters made, Sesto Elemento 6 made, Centenario 20 coupes/20 roadsters I believe, sian fkp 37 63 produced, and Countach LP800-4. The sian and Countach are some of the last Lamborghini few-off V12s to be produced.

However, 2023-24 is when most likely you will see new and used vehicle prices start to come down.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Anyone buying these cars in 2070 likely isn’t doing so to drive them around anymore (think 12 lane autonomous intersections), so it probably won’t matter if there is an alternative fuel available, though there most likely would be. eFuel or something.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with static_analysis, Lamborghini will be fully electric by 2025. The Aventador ultimae will be the last Aventador of the lineage and the huracan was scheduled to end in 2024, however, the transition could change that.

VW the parent company of Audi which is the parent company of Lamborghini just recently VW sold off their stake of Bugatti to rimac changing the name to Bugatti-rimac.

Just my opinion, but it should be two different brands, Bugatti as one brand, rimac as another.

Back to the original question, as of right now due to the chip shortage for new cars there’s a shortage of new cars. However, Lamborghini may have their supply chain and/or foundries so it may not have as much of an impact.

However, that being said the price of new cars is up 10% and used cars up 26%. Once the chip supply chain is back to normal most likely the prices of new and used cars will likely normalize as well. It’s excepted for the chips and supply chains to get back to normal Q1 of 2023.
Lamborghini, specifically you will see some short fluctuations, however long term they generally follow inflation and will increase over time. That’s assuming it’s essentially sealed in a plastic bubble, not too many miles, well maintained and taken care of. However, how often you drive it, how well it’s taken care of and maintained have a lot to do with that too.

However, if you are talking about the absolute bottom I predict that will be around 2070-2075, by that time most of everything on the road will be EV, AV, or some other form of energy-powered vehicle. By 2070-75, 47 years from now the world will be almost completely out of oil if current rates continue as they are.
I don’t see much demand for vehicles that can’t operate on a fuel source that isn’t available. However, by that time it would be possible to convert a vehicle to an EV or another fuel source, as many places are already doing that now. It will just become cheaper.
At that time, it would almost be like doing an engine swap on a steam-powered car to a gas-powered one. It wouldn't make much sense unless it’s a sentimental car or some other value to the driver.

As for the secret sauce, I would generally say it’s things with low original production numbers, normally things that are scarce generally tend to be the best investments while this is not always true, most of the time it is.

Any Lamborghini that is a few off/limited edition is a good bet because they generally always increase/appreciate over MSRP, such as, the Reventon 20 units made, Veneno 3 coupes/9 roadsters made, Sesto Elemento 6 made, Centenario 20 coupes/20 roadsters I believe, sian fkp 37 63 produced, and Countach LP800-4. The sian and Countach are some of the last Lamborghini few-off V12s to be produced.

However, 2023-24 is when most likely you will see new and used vehicle prices start to come down.
Thanks - that was a really good answer and detailed about how to think about things. If you are right on timing, it fits my plan really well. I'll probably take the step to being a Lambo owner in 2023-2024...
Currently the prices here over in Sweden looks like this:
Gallardos at a price range from lowest at 750.000 SEK to 1.400.000 SEK
Huracans ata range from lowest at 1.600.000 SEK to 2.800.000 SEK
Aventadors at a range from 2.100.000 to 5.900.000 SEK
Murcielagos at 1.400.000 to 1.800.000 SEK

I think the maybe smartest pick would be Huracan, due to being as new as possible and easy to deal with day to day. Im not into getting a daily driven - but more of a weekend trip and some fun driving just because...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In USD that would be
Currently the prices here over in Sweden looks like this:
Gallardos at a price range from lowest at 81.900 USD to 152.000
Huracans ata range from lowest at 174.000 to 305.760
Aventadors at a range from 229.320 to 644.280
Murcielagos at 152.880 to 196.560 USD

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hi I just wanted to clarify that Lamborghini will be fully hybridized by 2025 - not fully electric. Although some people see this as the death of fun, I actually have an alternative thought (though to be fair - sadly government regulations play a big part in how the future will be written). We’ve now been told that the aventador successor will be a new v12 power plant with hybrid assist and I’m sure the huracan successor will be a similar story (maybe not v10 anymore). I’ve never driven a Tesla before but individuals I know that aren’t car people have become car people (okay Tesla people) after purchasing one so there has to be some benefit to this electric power train that Lamborghini will take advantage of while also keeping the roar of the ICE engine alive and well. Couple that with other technological innovations and the need to differentiate yourself in another way if everyone can now do what you do - which I would hope would be finer materials, finishes, and ideas.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,648 Posts
I’m sure we have at least 5 more good years with ICE hybrids. Full hybridization is not supposed to happen before 2030. There’s a lot fun left in this game.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi I just wanted to clarify that Lamborghini will be fully hybridized by 2025 - not fully electric. Although some people see this as the death of fun, I actually have an alternative thought (though to be fair - sadly government regulations play a big part in how the future will be written). We’ve now been told that the aventador successor will be a new v12 power plant with hybrid assist and I’m sure the huracan successor will be a similar story (maybe not v10 anymore). I’ve never driven a Tesla before but individuals I know that aren’t car people have become car people (okay Tesla people) after purchasing one so there has to be some benefit to this electric power train that Lamborghini will take advantage of while also keeping the roar of the ICE engine alive and well. Couple that with other technological innovations and the need to differentiate yourself in another way if everyone can now do what you do - which I would hope would be finer materials, finishes, and ideas.
Hybrids are not that bad to be honest - my daily driver company car is a BMW 330e (2021) and the electrical boost is very instant. I think it can be a good combo/addon for Lambos...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't think anyone has experienced this type of market in recent memory where a depreciating asset has somehow stayed stable or actually appreciated so I don't think anyone's predictions will be accurate. I do know once prices start dropping again, everyone will say "told you so"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry I didn’t actually answer the question about prices. Ultimately, I think that prices will go down…you are subject to ADM regardless of car brand - those will go away once we get back to normal production levels - prices for new cars will then just naturally be lower… prices for used cars will have to drop accordingly.

If by some miracle, the new huracan is a v10 with hybrid assist…. All huracan prices will fall sharply - let’s be serious here, we’re not race car drivers…. the added weight of the hybrid assist/battery system doesn’t matter if we still snap our neck on demand and hear the roar of the engine.

Everyone wants the latest and greatest object available. Unless Lamborghini raises its successor MSRP prices significantly in the next year or two then prices will fall quickly. There is no way someone is going to want a regular 2021 aventador when they can get a brand new successor model for marginally more money.

You will lose money owning these cars. My plan of attack is to know what I’m comfortable losing. Do the research and buy accordingly.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Sorry I didn’t actually answer the question about prices. Ultimately, I think that prices will go down…You will lose money owning these cars. My plan of attack is to know what I’m comfortable losing. Do the research and buy accordingly.
You don’t lose money if you don’t sell. Perhaps keeping a NA V10 til death is the way to go!! All fun…no financial loss.

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
You don’t lose money if you don’t sell. Perhaps keeping a NA V10 til death is the way to go!! All fun…no financial loss.
In the past I knew I would take a big hit everytime I got a new one, I just accepted it as part of the hobby. My last one was the first one I didn't take a big hit on and that was this time last year. I hope these resale values hang in there for the next couple of years.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,527 Posts
^^Ditto, I have traded clean out of two Lamborghinis a la COVID. Though, I am sorry we have to endure the "plague" this has been one of the few upsides to this scourge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lamborghini is at normal production levels. Maybe even higher than normal.
That’s actually a fair point. I remember reading about Lamborghini surpassing numbers in the the first half of the year. I’m going off of my latest convo with a sales associate that mentioned they are still having supply chain issues.

·
Registered
419 Posts
That’s actually a fair point. I remember reading about Lamborghini surpassing numbers in the the first half of the year. I’m going off of my latest convo with a sales associate that mentioned they are still having supply chain issues.
There were issues with sport seats and I'm not actually sure if that has been resolved yet, but certainly the factory has been pushing out Lambos at the usual pace. Lamborghini orders supplies based on 5 year plans.

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
There were issues with sport seats and I'm not actually sure if that has been resolved yet, but certainly the factory has been pushing out Lambos at the usual pace. Lamborghini orders supplies based on 5 year plans.
Yep, they weren’t available at one point, but as far as I know they are no problem now.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Yep, they weren’t available at one point, but as far as I know they are no problem now.
They were an issue for my dealer in December, that's how I jumped a spot since I'm going Comfort Seats. After a week of working the system he was able to get another allocation with sport seats though. Not sure what January will hold.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts