·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Pretty sure Carplay didnt start till 2018

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
There was no car-lay on 2016 models. It wasn’t on my 2016, 2017 or 2018.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Had it in my 2019 580 and never used it. Come to think of it I've had it in several cars. Plugged it in a couple of times and and didn't see what was so great about it.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Before the Evo was kind of useless since it took up whole cockpit display. I really like having it though, I run Waze whenever driving and the messaging is also great since don't need to pick up phone

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Waze, satellite radio, text message reading, phone controls are some of the reasons I like Apple CarPlay.
I can see where it would come in handy for a lot of people. I block almost everything on my phone and rarely get unexpected calls or text messages. Especially while driving.

A funny thing is I have my voicemail set up with the old school chime - followed by: "I'm sorry you have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service... goodbye."

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,711 Posts
Before the Evo was kind of useless since it took up whole cockpit display.
:giggle: Well, don't get me wrong I absolutely love the EVO but the infotainment system can not hold a candle to the overall competency and flawless functioning of the prior MMI.

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo with Heffner Twin Turbo
111 Posts
A funny thing is I have my voicemail set up with the old school chime - followed by: "I'm sorry you have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service... goodbye."
now THAT is good stuff! If my cell wasn’t also used for work I’d be doing this right now.

Between my Valentine and using Waze, I have never been surprised by any speed traps. For that reason alone I can’t go without CarPlay anymore. I wish I could say that I use it for messaging but GOOD LUCK talking and Siri understanding if you have a convertible with twin turbos, and Spotify would be used if not for the crappiest sound system I’ve ever heard in a vehicle 🤣

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
now THAT is good stuff! If my cell wasn’t also used for work I’d be doing this right now.

Between my Valentine and using Waze, I have never been surprised by any speed traps. For that reason alone I can’t go without CarPlay anymore. I wish I could say that I use it for messaging but GOOD LUCK talking and Siri understanding if you have a convertible with twin turbos, and Spotify would be used if not for the crappiest sound system I’ve ever heard in a vehicle 🤣
Do you have Sensonum? I'm pretty happy with mine, even at triple digit speeds sounds pretty good and all I listen to is Spotify

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
I love it and I will use it!

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Also the speed sensitive volume works much better than in other cars i have owned. Really helps with top down driving

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
I will add to the above posts by saying even with my top down Sensonum is still pretty good. I don't like messing with aftermarket electronics in a new car.

Reactions: Blu Bull

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I never liked carplay because i prefer my iphone cordless but i found a good wireless dongle that works well.

Still call me old-fashioned but im happy with Bluetooth streaming and a vent mounted phone holder.

I run Waze and spotify. 580-2 still displays the song title etc. Mini Countryman shows Spotify album art and song info.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
I never liked carplay because i prefer my iphone cordless but i found a good wireless dongle that works well.

Still call me old-fashioned but im happy with Bluetooth streaming and a vent mounted phone holder.

I run Waze and spotify. 580-2 still displays the song title etc. Mini Countryman shows Spotify album art and song info.
If the Carplay was on the cockpit display I would agree with that but with it on that big display in the Evo it's great. I also don't like cords but since most of the time I'm out in the car it's for multiple hours where I will be running Waze and Spotify so I need to keep iphone charging. I bought a short cable and just keep phone sitting here
Automotive design Mode of transport Motor vehicle Auto part Personal luxury car

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,711 Posts
I have a similar short, coiled cable on the ready for Apple CarPlay but I rarely use it. BTW, @Blu Bull Apple CarPlay functionality is only possible using USB2 not USB1.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
I have a similar short, coiled cable on the ready for Apple CarPlay but I rarely use it. BTW, @Blu Bull Apple CarPlay functionality is only possible using USB2 not USB1.
For some reason mine is reversed? I have always needed to use USB 1. I didnt even know this wasnt right until dealer had an issue doing an update through USB and told me at some point someone reversed them, maybe some mod done or could it have been a mix up from factory?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,711 Posts
My bet it’s a screw-up at the factory...........I am not a gambling man but I will bet the farm on that one.

Reactions: Blu Bull
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.