Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Unfortunately I do not have the carpet for the center console here, but let me try to give you an idea...keep in mind, my car has an a c, cars witout have one carpet and not 2 parts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
so and finally I want to show you what this black stuff in the middle is. It seems to be some sort of isulation material made of hair and fibres (no idea)...it consists of several layers (one is about 5mm thick) and they are all glued together and onto the floor of the car, and then the carpets are glued on top of them.
I am not sure If I will reuse them again.
What do you guys think?? any ideas...?

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
But this material looks like it could soak water, which I definitely would not want. in my car there was a large piece of foam behind and under the rear seats. That foam was collecting water in a big scale and made the floor sheet of the car in that spot rust away like nothing. so be careful in the selection of the material, the original black stuff seems to be a mixture of bitumen and horse hair or so...
keep in mind that this car is never sealed as a modern car, sure you could say that you are not gonna leave the car in the rain at no time, but that can happen faster than you can think...

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
I do believe that I have a full set of carpets for a 250 presumably they fit a 300 as well. its a right hand drive car though. happy to loan these out for someone who wants to use them as a pattern to have new ones made. They are black with white piping.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts