Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are a few members who would like to know what the original carpets look like I have decided to start a thread related to it. My carpets were original, so they are a pretty good reference. I decided to remove them to have them thoroughly cleaned and repaired. It would have been much easier to just replace them with new ones, but my goal is to keep the car as original as possible. When I removed them some of the fibres of the carpet would stick to car because of the strong glue that was used in the 70ies...I rescued them and transplanted them back into the carpet...much like a hair transplantation...

4 carpets can be removed, they just lay on top of the insulation of the cabin.
The others are glued to car.
I will continously keep posting some pics and also the measurements of the carpets.

·
Registered
630 Posts
As you can see the seat back tilt-mechanism really cuts into the carpet :(

Also you need new pedal covers...how many tens of thousands of Km's are on the car ?

Paul

·
Registered
422 Posts
Good idea to start a thread about this Michael. This will help! Nice pictures. Is everything out of the car now? Some pictures of the removed parts with the dimensions will be of great help!
GRS Paul.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just checked my archive of pics, and I can tell you that there were 2 different styles of carpet shapes used in the Urraco, maybe an early style and a late style. What I show you here is the late style as my car was produced in 1976. please notice the differences. I will later continue with my pics here...
I have seen both styles on P300 and P250...

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Strange, tomorrow I have a look at Urraco 15738, I have some pics of this car and these carpets are different from your pics. Tomorrow I will take some measurements because this car is in restoration en disassembled now.
GRS Paul

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks, it is good hear a feedback, I know these threads might help somebody in the future when he/she is restoring a Urraco, but it is sure more fun to get an instant feedback..

·
Registered
630 Posts
The middle photo...the P-250 with the phony shift gate, has the original V-style rug shape in the forward door kick-panel.

This was used in the 1973-74 cars and was done away with by the time the P-111 and P-300 were introduced.

A nice detail but expensive...so eliminated ;)

Paul

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
next step: the carpet under the rear seat. It has as piece of synthetic leather glued on. After you have removed the rear seats you can see heo it is installed. as you can see in the drawing they are exactlx symetrical!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts