Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Diablo 6.0
97 Posts
I watched it this morning. Your car looks stunning in the video. I like how they started with the picture on the wall.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Catchpole is a good reviewer right up there with Jethro. That gated shifter looks delicious.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
It’s a great video and it’s good that he made a comment that Diablos are easy to drive as they really are not hard but have a reputation.

by the way, what exhaust system are you running on that car?

·
Registered
Diablo SV 1997
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the kind comments. Car has a standard exhaust on, might change it at some point but there are some magazines who want to feature it so will leave it standard till after they do the feature.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Stunning and I also loved the picture ---> reality transition.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Very nice video....since the Diablo was retired prior to the rise of youtube they don't get the publicity they deserve and these false reputation bits tend to linger on.

I think, as an ownership group, we need to make our cars available to producers of video content.

I have offered the use of my '99 Diablo Roadster to dozens of you tubers over the past 6 years. It made it into a magazine that lasted only 2 issues and a failed TV pilot. No you tubers have been interested in coming to Houston to take a drive, a shame really.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great video - really enjoyed watching it and the car looks epic in its yellow/decaled wonder.

Henry said the car sees very regular use - how many miles are on this car?

One additional nit, looks like one of the brake lights is out in the video.

- Chris

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
really beautiful car and great video. How many miles? I am up to 108km on my Diablo, driving all weekend in fact.

·
Registered
Diablo SV 1997
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am up to over 69,000km and have done 5000km in less than a year of ownership. She gets used as much as possible, kids go out in it with their child seats and my wife drives it, It done a grocery run a few weeks ago too.

Annoyingly the brake light played up during the day, I need to replace the unit it seems, but least it makes the car more "human" it ain't no garage queen that is for sure.

I would be very reluctant to lend it to a YouTuber if I am honest, Henry is a proper journalist not some attention wh0re YouTuber who is after clicks and don't understand cars really. He is hugely passionate and can drive-something much lacking these days.

·
Registered
Diablo SV 1997
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't lend it out to Top Gear and Paddy McGuinness!
Wouldn't lend the BBC a pen let alone my car. If I did I would be doing the driving. Years ago my friend lent his Testarossa to them for a program, I was meant to go as he was bust but they rearrange the dates. Anyway, he billed them for bodywork damage, new clutch and wheel refurb!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I would be very reluctant to lend it to a YouTuber if I am honest, Henry is a proper journalist not some attention wh0re YouTuber who is after clicks and don't understand cars really. He is hugely passionate and can drive-something much lacking these days.
Well obviously it wouldn't be just anyone and require vetting etc., but if we don't let some light in, our cars won't receive the exposure they deserve.

·
Registered
Diablo 6.0
97 Posts
I would be very reluctant to lend it to a YouTuber if I am honest,
Did any one else notice how Doug DeMuro mangled and twisted the shift lever to get the Diablo 6.0 in reverse? You can see metal shavings on top of the shifter boot. Stuff like that should be gone over before you hand over the keys. Same for the Med alarm.

Almost 6 million views, so I guess that's now how most people think it should be done.

·
Registered
Diablo SV 1997
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well obviously it wouldn't be just anyone and require vetting etc., but if we don't let some light in, our cars won't receive the exposure they deserve.
Hoping that this video will give the Diablo the recognition and exposure which it very much deserves.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hoping that this video will give the Diablo the recognition and exposure which it very much deserves.
It will help a little just like the Harry's Garage review.......it will take consistent exposure to really make a difference.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts