Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would this effect your buying process. Found one that shows minor damage to the front driver side. Says hit a stationary object and says accident with another vehicle. From what I can tell it seems maybe it rubbed a parked car and had to either replace/repair the front clip. I already know about checking all mechanicals of it all which seem to n ot be effected, assuming it is all minor would this prevent you from buying the car?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Brian, as soon as they say minor accident I shy away, but that’s just me. It could be a good buy, but you really need to dig deep into checking it out.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
It would be good if you could find pics of the damage. Would it stop me from buying the car? If it was exactly what I wanted, probably not.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
I would imagine they have pictures of the damage (important) and if it's minor like you say then that would pass step one. Step two, is a discount commensurate and large enough for the fact you'll have to pass on a discount when you sell the car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see what you guys are saying. They don't have before/after pics. I haven't had the car checked out yet by a dealer just going off what I know so far. Initially it just seems like a minor ding but you never know once you do a little more checking into it.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
I see what you guys are saying. They don't have before/after pics. I haven't had the car checked out yet by a dealer just going off what I know so far. Initially it just seems like a minor ding but you never know once you do a little more checking into it.
That already seems suspect to me. I can't imagine an adjuster, body shop or previous owner not having any photos. Especially to prove it really was minor like they are claiming. Makes no sense.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That already seems suspect to me. I can't imagine an adjuster, body shop or previous owner not having any photos. Especially to prove it really was minor like they are claiming. Makes no sense.
I do too but in this case I think it's a situation where the current selling dealer was not involved in any of it and bought the car already repaired. I've asked them to reach out to try to get the pics.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I have always been very lucky with purchases like these.

Things I ask are:
  • What type of incident caused the damage (sometimes it's just driver error and simple)
  • Who did the repairs and are there any guarantees with the work?
  • Were parts repaired or replaced? Things like bumper covers and whatnot can be repaired amazingly now days.

Once I have this info I can make a decision as to whether the damage/discount will offset the costs when I dump it.

I have a SUV right now that has a dirty minor damage CarFax from port to dealer transport. A strap came loose in transport and wrecked a grill and marred the paint on the bumper cover. All cosmetic and easily fixed by the dealer who discounted the vehicle 20K and fixed it all to my OCD satisfaction. The car goes back to said dealer as a trade on Thursday of this week for my new SUV and will have driven the vehicle for a year for free.

·
Registered
506 Posts
So when I bought my 07 spyder I had a similar issue- nothing on Carfax but the passenger side headlight had a cracked support tab, the washer nozzle on that side had a snapped head, and the hood may have been re-sprayed (Hood doesn't look like it but for some unknown reason the Expel film was removed from the hood only but left on the front bumper, headlights, and fenders)? For me to be certain I removed the entire headlight assembly and frunk liners to see if there was anything structural - everything passed visual inspection and nearest I can assume is that a taller vehicle may have backed into it and hit the headlight only-not even enough to crack the glass? In any case the lack of anything structural and no sign of any re-painting (everything under the liners was appropriately aged and the correct color) sealed the deal for me. I fixed the headlight tab and replaced the headlight washer. I would not walk away-but you do need to inspect the front clip on that vehicle very thoroughly to be certain.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Interesting, to see the divergent opinions run away or jog in place. I probably would pass but I tend to be exceptionally cautious.

Reactions: Fayzeless

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting, to see the divergent opinions run away or jog in place. I probably would pass but I tend to be exceptionally cautious.
That's kind of the way I'm leaning if they can't get me the info I wanted which is similar to what Jesse mentioned above. Now with prices so high it could end up hurting me later on too if things come back to normal.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
It's never what you see, more what you don't see. Pics would be good, but not a complete picture for sure.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
You’d have to actually buy a used car for this to actually happen though lol
Game, Set and Match. Seriously, last I checked, delivery miles doesn't qualify as used. :giggle:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Accidents happen, so be it. If repairs are nothing more than cosmetic go for it if the price is right. So many exotics have minor repairs, particularly front bumper resprays due to rock chips.

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo with Heffner Twin Turbo
111 Posts
I got reasonably lucky with a used panamera turbo.. it had a minor incident reported on the carfax and I was able to get a good deal. The carfax had a note on it that said frame inspection.. and I was able to find the website, pop in the vin and see their inspection with pictures. Turns out it was a door ding, could have been in a parking lot.

BUT I was nearly unlucky when trying to sell it. It took a lot of convincing to get a dealer or private seller to dig a bit more past the carfax warning. Ultimately I had a good BMW relationship and they were dying to get rid of an M8, and they took the trade at a good price (it was end of December 2020).

So my point is that it can be a hurdle to many. I’d recommend a frame inspection if that’s possible.

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
676 Posts
I understand the reluctance. I feel the same way about importing a car from Canada. Not even why I feel that way either.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.