Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I’m new to the forum and have really enjoyed reading through the posts. I’m not a Lamborghini owner yet but I intend to rectify that within the next few weeks.
I’m hoping for some insight from you all. I’ve found a G that I’m really interested in but it shows a minor accident report on the Carfax. The seller claims it was not a big deal and was professionally repaired. He has before and after pictures and it was very minor. They obviously did very good work on the repair and the car looks immaculate but I’m concerned the Carfax report is going to hurt me down the road when I trade up. Should I be scared of a bad Carfax or just buy the car and enjoy the hell out of it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Coming from experience as my huracan was in a minor accident, as a seller, I would be upfront and show pics of damage and repairs along with estimate from body shop. Obviously body shops are different but they have reputations and reviews that they rely on, the body shop my car is at has been superb, they aren’t on any insurance companies network and do not “repair” and damage on cars, they only replace with factory OEM parts.

If the seller can give you that info, I would feel just fine about buying the car, at a discount of course, the seller should have gotten a check for what the difference in value that would it be without an accident on its record.
How much of a discount? I’d expect no less than $20k, as I know the parts are incredibly expensive through Lamborghini and wouldn’t expect the repair to be any less than that unless it was very very minor.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
467 Posts
Accident on Carfax = Substantial discount. I personally stay away from such a situation....UNLESS 1) There is documented proof (such as what you apparently have here in this case) and 2) It is absolutely the spec I am looking for...color, mileage, interior, etc.... IF it's not quite the spec you're looking for you may find yourself still looking or at least you may start looking sooner than if it had 'checked all the boxes'. Remember at whatever stage you decide to sell or trade up that damaged Carfax car, selling it will be tougher because of it, and you will be at the mercy of whoever may take it as a trade. If this one checks all your boxes you may just buy it, love it, and drive it the next 10 years and it won't even matter

Reactions: BattleShip

·
Registered
299 Posts
Does it impact value? Yes. How much so determines the type of car, mileage and your plans for it. A high mile gallardo thats priced well? Not much of a difference. A low mile, original countach or diablo? Absolutely. A big factor is also how well the repair was done but many of these cars are involved in accidents that never show on the history.

Reactions: BattleShip

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
the discount you will seek is the discount someone else will want down the road to buy the car from you.
the hesitation you feel is the same as the next guy.
Always buy the best example you can afford.......Period.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your replies. There’s a lot of good knowledge in this group and I’m looking forward to being a part of it.
The car is exactly what I’m looking for. As long as the PPI looks good I’ll pull the trigger. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,579 Posts
Battleship, I think that’s a good decision. You found the spec you want at apparently the price you can live with, have pre-thought about your future sale, and are buying from a guy who is at least being honest and giving you documented work. So many of these minor accidents never get reported to Carfax and you never know about them. at least here you can sleep at night knowing something unlucky happened but it was professionally fixed. Keep the documentation for when you do sell later on and improve your car through your ownership. Best of luck and post up your photos when you get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts