Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a new set of the fog lights for my -92. I am having the hardest time to find anything OEM. I would love to find four real Carello lights, so if anyone knows someone selling let me know. I have also been trying to find something that looks like the originals but with no real luck. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
One of the first things I look at when I see a Diablo for sale is to see if it has 4 of the original style lights :). The ones the factory sells now look the same but do not have the script on the lens. I bought one out of curiosity and can post a pic if needed.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Also used on the F40 and Alfa SZ.
original lights are now NLA, and hard to get hold of - seen good ones go for $1000/4.
Emilio had a source for replacement lenses

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also used on the F40 and Alfa SZ.
original lights are now NLA, and hard to get hold of - seen good ones go for $1000/4.
Emilio had a source for replacement lenses
It’s not only the lenses I am looking for, I need the hole light with the mounts. There are four posts on the back and that’s what’s broken. I have been thinking maybe they can be 3D printed, but I am not an expert on that.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I tried the 3D printing idea - issue was the joining of the printed plastic to the body of the light - riveting and glueing didn't work brilliantly.

Sold my lights, with the bumper to a guy in Russia, when I swapped to the correct front bumper for my SV.
I have the standard rear bumper also to sell at some point too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried the 3D printing idea - issue was the joining of the printed plastic to the body of the light - riveting and glueing didn't work brilliantly.

Sold my lights, with the bumper to a guy in Russia, when I swapped to the correct front bumper for my SV.
I have the standard rear bumper also to sell at some point too.
Ok good info. This is what one of mine looks like, and all the other once have damage too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
I bought a replacement set from Glen @ AMH.
I do not believe the originals with the "Carello" embossed in the lenses are currently available, but Glen can confirm this.

My Diablo's Carellos were getting foggy (no cracks) and as they are sealed units you cannot replace only the lens, which is unfortunate as the entire light fixture is not cheap, let alone buying a set of four (4).

Here is the original Carello next to the new one:

And the Diablo looks pretty awful without the front bumper. fun picture to share. I removed my front bumper as I made my own wiring harness for these lights, as the original harness had some questionable work done to it over the years - that was time consuming.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Please do, also what material are they; glass or plastic?

The new one appears to be glass, It was purchased as a spare and out of curiosity. I took a picture of the original lights on the car and front/back of the new factory replacement.

Attachments

Reactions: mikael82

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do not believe the originals with the "Carello" embossed in the lenses are currently available, but Glen can confirm this.

My Diablo's Carellos were getting foggy (no cracks) and as they are sealed units you cannot replace only the lens, which is unfortunate as the entire light fixture is not cheap, let alone buying a set of four (4).

And the Diablo looks pretty awful without the front bumper. fun picture to share. I removed my front bumper as I made my own wiring harness for these lights, as the original harness had some questionable work done to it over the years - that was time consuming.
Here is mine with no bumper

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

.....and who is this Glenn and what is AMH?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Originally there are two type in every car; Carello and Siem. Other is Italian "overtake light" and other is foglight

1 - 20 of 20 Posts