Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting some CF parts on my car, and yesterday I was about to install CF mirror covers. They are made to cove on the top half of the mirror and I just couldn't make up my mind if I liked them. If I had it to do again I would have ordered gloss black side mirrors.
ORIGINAL

They will match my CF wing which is coming.

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also installed these door handles yesterday and I love em! Took 5 minutes and a perfect fit!

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Door handles look great but have never liked those mirror caps. But after taking apart mirrors on my R8 to install carbon fiber housings I get why some take this easy route.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
And if you keep adding carbon fiber to interior going to need to finish it off with steering wheel. This would look great in your car with green stripe and stitching

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
FWIW, it's nice but the plain mirror to my eye looks much better. In addition, when I look at the CF mirror juxtaposed against the black convertible top it does not go all that well together.

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just struggled with trying to decide on those mirror covers and then realized that if I loved them there would be no question. I wasn't feeling the love.
The steering wheel will be forthcoming I am sure. I am going to see how this Alcantera on holds up first.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Friend of mine had a pair of those caps but decided he didnt want and tried to get me to buy. We were at a car show and he put one on my car, when he took it off it left a mark but luckily had Expel on mirrors. Have you put PPF on yours ? If not be careful if you decide to remove

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
As an aside, Russ did you do a PPF? If so which brand, and how much of the car was covered?

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Did you get the door handles from Shardul? Got mine from him and yea very easy install and look great.. Going to do vent covers?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I shouldn’t get a vote since I don’t have an EVO, but I love the door handles, and am inclined to have mirrors painted in gloss black.

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you get the door handles from Shardul? Got mine from him and yea very easy install and look great.. Going to do vent covers? View attachment 291742
[/QUO
i did get the door handles from Shardul a couple of years ago and transferred them to my new car. Vent covers are on there way. I haven’t got my PPF yet, trying to find the right guy to do it along with my window tint. I’m arguing with most tint installers because they want to remove my door panels and I will not let them, no way!

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I shouldn’t get a vote since I don’t have an EVO, but I love the door handles, and am inclined to have mirrors painted in gloss black.
That’s kind of the direction I’m going. I might have them wrapped in gloss black.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
i did get the door handles from Shardul a couple of years ago and transferred them to my new car. Vent covers are on there way. I haven’t got my PPF yet, trying to find the right guy to do it along with my window tint. I’m arguing with most tint installers because they want to remove my door panels and I will not let them, no way!
I tint all my cars and have never had a shop want to remove door panels and no way I would allow. I went with Ceramic tint on Evo and it's supposed to be good for blocking sunlight and keeping car cooler. Do you do the rear also? I didnt at first but then went back and had them do it

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't care for the half CF mirrors. Full CF, as well as original, look much nicer IMHO. Congrats again on the new car, Russ; it's gorgeous.

·
Vendor
2,039 Posts
Few thing that can help you make your decision

1. Easy of install for the mirror covers
2. If you choose to replace the housing and the stalk all the door panels have to come off, inside mirror assembly has to be transferred etc. Pretty much a PITA IMO.
3. Keep fingers crossed the door panel go back as they are supposed to or else you will be chasing rattles etc for long time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i am a huge fan of CF, but not on only the top half of the side mirrors. if possible, i do think full CF side mirrors would look terrific on your car, and accentuate the wing to give balance to the exterior look. no matter what, your car looks incredible! i took this pic of my car today, and the full CF mirrors are actually my favorite CF option on the car--you notice them immediately against bright colors IMO.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Your car looks really amazing. I am a big fan of the door handles!! I am looking forward to seeing your upgrades. That carbon fiber steering wheel looks pretty cool also.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts