Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides eBay

Where can I get the 4 price carbon fiber engine trim panels from?

Mine are pretty heat faded

Or what other option are you guys buying for back there?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Besides eBay

Where can I get the 4 price carbon fiber engine trim panels from?

Mine are pretty heat faded

Or what other option are you guys buying for back there?
Are the ones you have original Lamborghini OEM? I was hopeing OEM ones didn't fade? THANKS!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe so
Just the firewall one looks bad
It honestly may clean up
Need to take it off

·
Registered
414 Posts
AHH? OK I thought these were the original carbon fiber ones on an AV not the plastic ones on a Gallardo!

Yes, these DO FADE on the Gallardo (i.e. the plastic ones) and as recommended above, I painted mine about 4 years ago and they look fine.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I took mine to the local smash repair shop (in Australia) and he matched it to the best looking (non faded) surface I had. It looks OEM to me and honestly I can't tell and neither can the car judges!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How big of a pain in the a”” so get the intake off?
And where you able to reuse gasket?

·
Registered
102 Posts
How big of a pain in the a”” so get the intake off?
And where you able to reuse gasket?
The intake cover is not so difficult (on the Lamborghini scale) to remove. The bolts near the fire wall are a little hidden. The rest is straight forward. I reused the gaskets.
And then you will also be able to see the Easter egg inside 😊

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was able to get ahold of a spare set of plain black plastic, aftermarket engine bay panels for my 2005. I literally just coordinated with a local outfit to HydroDip them to a carbon fiber finish. I know I am cheating big time ;).

The company assured me there are no heat issues as they have done actual engine parts. Will hopefully have them back in a couple of weeks and looking good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts