Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many of you guys actually wash your Lambo regularly? As for me, I seldom wash my car with water and bucket. I usually use the instant detail spray weekly if the car is dusty. Other than that, I only wash it if there's mud to be cleaned off, or it's getting ready to be detailed.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I count down the days to wash my car.
I love it!!

I leave the waxing, claying and shampooing to the pros

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
sk90077 said:
I count down the days to wash my car.
I love it!!

I leave the waxing, claying and shampooing to the pros
Same here... will wash it every other week.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Washed mine today for the first time this month. I'm having to keep the car outside at the moment as there is a lot of work being done on the house right now, including widening the garage doors. So 2 hours after cleaning the car what happens. Yep it pisses it down with rain. Good old England :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have a micofiber towel in my trunk incase there is some water that splashes on the car I can do a wipe off

P.S. the microfiber towels at Cosco are very good. $10 if 16 towels

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Well the last time I washed mine, I met RAY in La Jolla!!
Hasn't been touched since. AFter all, why bother it just rains here every day. I will probably wash it just be for the Montery event next year...HAHA

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I usually wash twice a week; I use my car quite a lot and it drives better when spotless. :)

My other cars get done by the mobile car wash guy, but the Gallardo is my job. If I'm lucky, my kids will help - for extra allowance. Somehow, they don't see it as being as much fun as I do. They want money - a ride in Dad's car isn't seen as a treat (but then, I've got girls).

I'm picking up today from the dealer after service. I've asked him to detail the car including a hand polish. I've only polished once - too lazy.

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
mhh said:
I usually wash twice a week; I use my car quite a lot and it drives better when spotless. :)

My other cars get done by the mobile car wash guy, but the Gallardo is my job. If I'm lucky, my kids will help - for extra allowance. Somehow, they don't see it as being as much fun as I do. They want money - a ride in Dad's car isn't seen as a treat (but then, I've got girls).

I'm picking up today from the dealer after service. I've asked him to detail the car including a hand polish. I've only polished once - too lazy.

I'm glad you said a spotless car drives better because I could swear it's true. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't have a Lambo but I am absolutely careful and picky when it comes to washing, waxing, buffing, anything regarding the paint or clearcoat on any of my cars. I've worked for a while in detailing (obviously don't now) and have done some autobody and paint in the past. I preferably wash my car at least once a week (twice if I can), if I do use the daily spray i'm very careful because it is very easy to scratch paint even with small amounts of dust (from what I hear italian paint can be very thin, beautiful, but thin and if you use a microfiber to clear the dust off you need to be careful because they are horrible about trapping the dust and can easily scratch a paint job but are great if the car isn't that dirty). Washing and waxing I use the mother's three step once a month (1st isn't necessary unless you have something on the clearcoat or if it's fading somewhat).

My paintjob looks brand new. You'll have to pardon the picture, it's taken from my phone... but you can still see how new it looks and it's a 99'.
http://www.boombaprojects.com/images/front23.jpg

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
roytoy2003 said:
Well the last time I washed mine, I met RAY in La Jolla!!
Hasn't been touched since. AFter all, why bother it just rains here every day. I will probably wash it just be for the Montery event next year...HAHA
Are you talking about the Murci or the SE, or both?

·
Registered
243 Posts
sk90077 said:
I have a micofiber towel in my trunk incase there is some water that splashes on the car I can do a wipe off

P.S. the microfiber towels at Cosco are very good. $10 if 16 towels
Does anyone know where you can get hold of these towels in the UK? I've seen them at the occasional car show, but never in a store. Anything to help dry of a black car would be a real plus!

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Here in Spain we don´t get rain ( 5 days a year) but we do get DUST. Everytime I go out I have to just de dust the car. But as I actually love washing and polishing her, I do it once a week anyway !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts