Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m looking to buy a used lambo and getting a great deal on it because carfax shows a brand on the title. But the actual title has no brands on it. How should I proceed? It’s confusing. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Vehicle title branding is the use of a permanent designation on a vehicle's title, registration or permit documents to indicate that a vehicle has been written off due to collision, fire or flood damage or has been sold for scrap.

-Per Wikipedia

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,702 Posts
^^Important to know but not terribly reassuring. OP, let us know what the outcome is so we all can benefit from your research. Good luck!

·
Administrator
3,698 Posts
Sometimes titles are washed in states that will issue a clear title on a previously salvage title. This car will always show a salvage on the carfax from what I understand.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
You can always find the truth of what has happened to a car especially the smaller the pool of examples
Since some states have more liberal rules, washing a title can happen.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so the car in question is a manufacturer buyback, aka lemon on the carfax. But as you pointed out, the title is clean without notations. My bank has refused to finance it, while there are other banks who will finance it. Even if there is no issues with the car , would it be a bad investment choice?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
What model are you looking at?
The challenge with titles that have lemon buy back is the same challenge you are having. Usually the newer the car, the more depreciation and a terrible investment. However, all bets are off in this market. Who knows how long this will last.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It’s an LP610-4 and priced 15% below market. Not listed anywhere for sale so I don’t have a link. It’s a local guy selling who I met at c&c. So not sure if the cost saving is worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Like you are seeing here, 50% of the value of a fair market value vehicle is a “safe” salvaged title car.

No way would I ever touch a salvaged car and this is true for the vast majority of buyers.

That said, like Barnum and Bailey used to say, there’s a sucker born every day.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought there was a difference between buy back and salvaged.. it’s not a salvage title car..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So from what I have checked, the first owner wanted to get out from the car and kept reporting a transmission issue to the dealer at each service. But the dealer did not find anything wrong with it. The only minor fault they could find is with a relay switch that did not disengage corsa mode. So they ordered the part from Italy, and it look over a month to get here. This gave the buyer reason the invoke the buyback law. And hence the dealer bought back the car, replaced the relay and there’s no further issue with the car. now the carfax says manufacturer buyback, but the actual title is clean. I have been assured by the bank , there’s no issue for a loan and the new title would be clean too. The only thing, I’m saving 40-50k off the price. Am I being a sucker?

·
Administrator
3,698 Posts
This is quite common. If that’s indeed the reason then it’s a good deal. May have an issue selling it later but for the right price should be fine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
so the car in question is a manufacturer buyback, aka lemon on the carfax. But as you pointed out, the title is clean without notations. My bank has refused to finance it, while there are other banks who will finance it. Even if there is no issues with the car , would it be a bad investment choice?
Only buy it at a price where you can get some value and then sell it easily. Every potential buyer will have the same concerns as you which will make it hard to sell down the road unless its signifanctly discounted. If you plan on using/keeping it for a long time it wont matter and of course be sure to have it inspected.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts