Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone , I’m shipping my urus and my dads shipping his huracan from Long Island down to south Florida. Boca and palm. beach. Any recommendations are shipping companies fully enclosed of course. We’re planning on late October. I’ve reached out to plycar so far.

·
Administrator
4,014 Posts
I have shipped many cars in my day and this was the only person that delivered it with a plastic cover! Not sure why everyone doesn't do this. Use him

Bruce Hall
Applewood Motorcar Transport
210 McGuire Lane
Gerrardstown, WV 25420
(304)229-3784 Office
(304)283-3661 Cell
www.applewoodmotorcar.com

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Do not use Rite Way Auto Transport from Coral Springs, FL. They are crap. I used this company to ship my R8 when I bought my SL. First call them take my info and payment and they gave me a run down of how they work. All seemed fine until I called the same person back because I had several questions. Main question was I was told I would be able to track the cars via GPS but they never told me how. I emailed and called the guy probably 5 times and he never got back to me. Finally I speak to a lady who knew nothing. I must have spoke with with 4 different people and everyone told me something different. Don’t use them!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I just had a car shipped up from LA up to Portland a little over a month ago. Everyone warned me that prices have really gone up over the last year.

I use Plycar for moving my Lamborghini around. Used them 4 or 5 times. Always happy.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So far I have quotes from plycar, reliable ble carriers and applewood. All similar prices, with applewood be the lowest. I’m between these 3 , but more in between applewood and reliable after reading reviews and seeing that plycar accident involving a Ferrari ….

·
Registered
296 Posts
The most important factor in shipping vehicles is to make absolutely sure that the trailers have side access doors. These side access doors allow the driver to enter your vehicle properly by actually opening the vehicle door for getting in and out. Most transportation companies do not have trailer side access doors and have their drivers climb in and out through the vehicle window. Needless to say this will undoubtedly cause damage and the transportation company will most likely not take responsibility. Make sure you ask about the side access doors when booking and get it in writing.

·
Registered
536 Posts
For what its worth I used Plycar from Florida to PA and had a horrible experience. Despite the car being in an enclosed trailer it arrived filthy. Best I can figure it had a stay over in 2 different warehouse. Needed the car for a show and was quoted 5 days….15 days later the car arrived. Communication was abysmal. Missed the show. They did refund a portion of my money however I won’t use them again.

Be sure to have whoever you choose ship the car with the front lift in the down position after loading it.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For what its worth I used Plycar from Florida to PA and had a horrible experience. Despite the car being in an enclosed trailer it arrived filthy. Best I can figure it had a stay over in 2 different warehouse. Needed the car for a show and was quoted 5 days….15 days later the car arrived. Communication was abysmal. Missed the show. They did refund a portion of my money however I won’t use them again.

Be sure to have whoever you choose ship the car with the front lift in the down position after loading it.
well that narrows it down to applewood and reliable

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is also another local company kbg logistics they have a no touch enclosed trailer winch system which means no one ever drives your car loading or unloading your vehicle just the client when the process is done

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.