Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Recently upgraded from a Huracan Spyder to an Aventador Roadster S. It came with a Capristo Exhaust system with the little remote control.

When activated, the volume of the exhaust is mental. I read on the Capristo website that it increases performance to some extent, but I don't really understand the jargon.

Can someone with experience of these things and deeper understanding of what the Capristo exhaust does please give me the Capristo for Dummies version explanation?

Does it improve torque at low revs? If so how? What happens in the higher rev range?

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, it's used to close and open the valve. If you look at the exhaust you will see a small flap opening and closing as you use the remote.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,039 Posts
Almost all aftermarkt exhaust systems claim to increase HP by 25 to 40 HP.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can someone chime in also on the test pipes from Capristo?? I 've heard a few crazy loud AV"s with that setup, Capristo exhaust with test pipes, I know its a basic cat delete but is there anything more to it for this car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. I understood that it opens the valves, but what I wanted to know was what that does for the performance? If anything.

Does it make a difference to smoothing out the torque, increasing it at lower revs, or is something else? Or is just for the pantomime of more noise?

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,039 Posts
This is from Capristo.
  • A 34 horsepower boost from 700hp to 734hp.
  • A 70Nm boost in torque from 670Nm to 740Nm at 6,000rpm.
  • Zero to 100km/h in 2.8 seconds versus 2.9 seconds.
  • A top speed of 354km/h up from 351km/h.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I understood that it opens the valves, but what I wanted to know was what that does for the performance? If anything.

Does it make a difference to smoothing out the torque, increasing it at lower revs, or is something else? Or is just for the pantomime of more noise?
question is, does the car have a tune?
with test pipe + exhaust + tune you can easily get +50hp
capristo exhaust when the valve open exhaust freeflow to x-pipe exit instead go through smaller pipe muffler if valve close.
benefits when high rpm high flow = more power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts