Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace the rotors and pads on my 2004 Gallardo. I was going to do Girodisc Rotors for the rear, and Elite Motorsport rotors for the fronts, and EBC Red Stuff Ceramic Low-Dust pads all around. However I was told by Elite Motorsports that I cannot use EBC pads with their rotors because something in the composition will destroy the rotors in no time and they suggested Hawk pads. Had I not already purchased the EBC pads there would be no issue but since I already have the pads I am hoping to get input from anyone who has Elite Motorsports or Giro Disc rotors and is using EBC pads to find out if they have any issues....

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wouldn't even think twice about it. If you bought Elite Motorsports rotors and was told by Elite Motorsports not to use EBC pads, would you want to risk it? Being cheap at first will only cost more at the end... Post the EBC pads for sale and buy the compatible pads for it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I really dun see why there is an issue. Red stuff brake pads are only 400deg, and the compound should not destroy any rotors. Even the yellowstuff should not have any issues except for brake noise.

Im using ebc red stuff with girodisc rotors with absolutely zero problems.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't even think twice about it. If you bought Elite Motorsports rotors and was told by Elite Motorsports not to use EBC pads, would you want to risk it? Being cheap at first will only cost more at the end... Post the EBC pads for sale and buy the compatible pads for it.
If course I would not want to risk it, but you are missing the point... I am skeptical of whether it is true or not because EBC pads are used by many Lambo owners and I would assume some of them use aftermarket rotors.

I really dun see why there is an issue. Red stuff brake pads are only 400deg, and the compound should not destroy any rotors. Even the yellowstuff should not have any issues except for brake noise.

Im using ebc red stuff with girodisc rotors with absolutely zero problems.
Thanks for this info. Would Red stuff be better on the brake noise than yellowstuff?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I used oem cross drill rotors with pads from the local parts store on my Benz, will never do it again... It' warped the rotors within a couple of months... I bought a new sets of oem rotors and pads from the dealership, haven't had any issues... I could have saved money but I was trying to save my time and ending up costing more money and time LOL. Maybe Elite Motorsports had customers using EBC pads with their rotors and had issues? Hope you get it figure out!

·
Registered
821 Posts
If course I would not want to risk it, but you are missing the point... I am skeptical of whether it is true or not because EBC pads are used by many Lambo owners and I would assume some of them use aftermarket rotors.

Thanks for this info. Would Red stuff be better on the brake noise than yellowstuff?
Yes, and lesser brake dust too. I wldnt say redstuff had totally no noise, but its acceptable.

If the rotor warps easily, then likely the rotor is of poor quality.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had EBC and they do produce less brake dust. They need to be installed properly so they dont squeel.

Never had any problem with warping rotors with yellow pads but then the cars were not as powerful as the Lambo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts