Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. Took delivery on 7/18/2021 with 1,688 miles. Not even six months later and I cracked 9k miles this weekend. Should break 10k in the next four weeks or so. I'm a strong advocate of extreme usage at every given opportunity. I also use the time in the car to try and "bond" with the infotainment. Let's just say we're working on it. At best we have a delicate friendship for now.
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Gauge Mode of transport

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,921 Posts
Assuming that is not a typo, I will respond with HOLY SHOES that is a lot of driving! For me that would be about 10 years worth, lol.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,972 Posts
I am an advocate of piles of miles. I have had my EVO for two months and have ~2K miles on the clock.

Reactions: 54Greg

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,972 Posts
The only thing you may hit the 1st required service before the year is up............

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
592 Posts
This is commendable. I love it when I see these cars being driven. Good work!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Way to rack up the miles Pink. I’m looking forward to breaking the 10K mile marker soon as well

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,972 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was done at Dallas before the car was delivered because first owner drove it 1,688 miles in a year. So it's mileage or time whichever comes first.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Love this as I am same way drive it as much as I can. Prob will hit 8K miles by one year mark as sadly not enough places to drive here unless the borders open up. If I lived in USA again I prob would of put 20K into it easily in one year.

It always miffs me when people don't drive it. Was at dealership and my rep mention a guy who just came in for servicing was afraid to drive his car as did not want to lower the resale value. WTF made no sense to me as is he saving the car for the next driver or something?

Just a hive thought...is there anyway we can collectively move the bias away from low miles as an assessment on value of a car? I get it for very limited or hypercars but for run of the mill supercars this obsession on low miles seems a bit absurd.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,972 Posts
Speaking of oil changes, does anyone get a sample for analysis? I am probably going to do it.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
18,921 Posts
The only thing you may hit the 1st required service before the year is up............
Funny you say that, my 1year service was denied because I didn’t have enough miles and I was 1 month early. They had to check with Lamborghini to an ok to,proceed. Maybe because it’s at no charge?

·
Premium Member
18,921 Posts
Speaking of oil changes, does anyone get a sample for analysis? I am probably going to do it.

On a new car, why?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,972 Posts
Funny you say that, my 1year service was denied because I didn’t have enough miles and I was 1 month early. They had to check with Lamborghini to an ok to,proceed. Maybe because it’s at no charge?
I am definitely going to hit 9K miles before my 1st year is up.

Reactions: Michael15

·
Premium Member
18,921 Posts
Love this as I am same way drive it as much as I can. Prob will hit 8K miles by one year mark as sadly not enough places to drive here unless the borders open up. If I lived in USA again I prob would of put 20K into it easily in one year.

It always miffs me when people don't drive it. Was at dealership and my rep mention a guy who just came in for servicing was afraid to drive his car as did not want to lower the resale value. WTF made no sense to me as is he saving the car for the next driver or something?

Just a hive thought...is there anyway we can collectively move the bias away from low miles as an assessment on value of a car? I get it for very limited or hypercars but for run of the mill supercars this obsession on low miles seems a bit absurd.
I drive so little I forget where some things are lol. I still can’t seem to pull or push that button for the top correctly. They’ve got it backwards if you want to go up you push down if you want to go down you pull up.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,972 Posts
On a new car, why?
Well they check for certain metals to assure they are not abnormally high as would occur if you are about to develop major engine problems. That would be good documentation to have if you require an engine swap out. See page 2 of the attached sample report for an explanation of what high levels of certain metals indicates.

Attachments

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,972 Posts
I think you are in Texas? If yes man I would love to drive on some of the roads you have in the state. Imagine could hit some "interesting" speeds. :)
The backroads are smooth and sparsely traveled so I have achieved impressive speeds. The only problem is if they ever deputize the cows and horses I will be in a world of hurt. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: lamboLAUSA

·
Premium Member
18,921 Posts
The backroads are smooth and sparsely traveled so I have achieved impressive speeds. The only problem is if they ever deputize the cows and horses I will be in a world of hurt. :ROFLMAO:
I think you’ll be alright just don’t hit one.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,972 Posts
1 - 20 of 92 Posts