Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a Gallardo I'm interested in that has been wrapped and I'm wondering if a PPI has any chance of finding if the car has been sprayed before it was wrapped. I like the wrap color, so wouldn't take it off immediately.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I had my car detailed last year and they did quite a bit of buffing. He had a tool that could check the thickness of the paint. I imagine it could easily tell if the car had an extra coat of color, but if it was stripped down to metal before the paint, I doubt it would help.

Found this on amazon:

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,481 Posts
That is a great question! I can see someone trying to hide something by wrapping the car. Also you need to consider whether the installer cut the paint up while doing the installation. Experienced installers do very well, but some less experienced ones can make a terrible mess of the original paint and you never know until that wrap comes off. I have seen some disasters.

Reactions: goldlifter

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
That is the problem I have with wrapped cars. You have no way of knowing what is underneath. If it is a collector car, I would want to see original paint. If it is a driver like an older Gallardo and you like the wrap then go with it.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
I have heard a car dealership salesperson claim he could tell if a car had been repainted by running his fingers along the front engine hood/frunk edge where it meets the windshield because he claimed when repainting those areas it is hard get an even thickness of paint...........FWIW.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I have heard a car dealership salesperson claim he could tell if a car had been repainted by running his fingers along the front engine hood/frunk edge where it meets the windshield because he claimed when repainting those areas it is hard get an even thickness of paint...........FWIW.
You can stop at
I have heard .....salesperson.....blah blah blah
Lies

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
A salesman not tell the truth. NOOO.
Why Lee everyone knows.....they speak nothing less than the gospel truth. I am surprised at you. :rolleyes: Just they other day I heard my car was going to double in value in the next 3 months....untrue?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts