Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say in this hypothetical situation, Jeff Bezos is a huge fan of Lamborghini. He wants a custom and ground breaking Lamborghini and he writes Lamborghini a blank check. These are his demands and they are non-negotiable.
  • Top speed = 250+ mph
  • 0 - 60 mph = <2 seconds
  • Horsepower = 1000+
  • Engine = naturually aspirated V12
Is it possible?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,663 Posts
They could do it if they wanted to, absolutely possible. Just making the car lighter would be a good 1st step.

Reactions: Chimera

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,563 Posts
1000+ hp out of a NA engine and > 250mph? I guess anything is possible but let's just say highly improbable.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That Aston Martin Valkyrie will have an 1,000 HP NA V12 but even at 2400 lbs and a 160 hp electric motor added to it, it doesn't look like it's going to hit those performance targets.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,563 Posts
Agree, Power & Money can make things happen but they can't spawn miracles.

·
Registered
SL #7007
440 Posts
IMO, if he is looking at crank HP, it might be possible. The the new 812 Competizione makes 830 hp. With that new 812 engine, a tune could get you closer to the 870 hp mark. So with a blank check finding an additional 130 hp is probably obtainable. Now that’s Ferrari…. For Lambo, the SVJ engine is at 770 hp. A VFE tune will get you to 790 hp. I think finding 210 hp will be a little harder but probably still possible with a blank check….. It’s just really hard to hit that 1k hp mark without forced induction or electric assist while on pump gas……

·
Registered
89 Posts
Since you didn’t specify road legal then it’s a definite maybe. Keep an eye out for the Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR PRO. They haven’t released 0-60 numbers yet but it’s a track version of the regular Valkyrie and only uses the NA V12 pushing 1000hp. If any car could do it at this point that’s probably your best bet.

Regular Valkyrie 0-60 is 2.5s so I wouldn’t count on a sub 2s time. But perhaps further modification and/or lightening of the vehicle could achieve it. Wont be street legal though I believe.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,563 Posts
OP, I am curious as to what prompted this hypothetical question? Are you trying to understand the limits of the NA engine or see how far that limit can be stretched?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OP, I am curious as to what prompted this hypothetical question? Are you trying to understand the limits of the NA engine or see how far that limit can be stretched?
Both pretty much. I get always random thoughts/questions in my head and decided to ask it on the forum here.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,563 Posts
Both pretty much. I get always random thoughts/questions in my head and decided to ask it on the forum here.
Good for you! Never stop being inquisitive and always keep asking questions.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Building an engine with this much power is possible but putting it to the ground is another story. Having the electric assist on the front wheels or AWD is the only way. In each case you are adding weight.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,663 Posts
Building an engine with this much power is possible but putting it to the ground is another story. Having the electric assist on the front wheels or AWD is the only way. In each case you are adding weight.
And a full carbon fiber body would help, but this hypothetical car is beginning to sound like a deathtrap.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,563 Posts
Wait, > 250mph and < 2 seconds? Snowballs chance in Hell.

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Lets say in this hypothetical situation, Jeff Bezos is a huge fan of Lamborghini. He wants a custom and ground breaking Lamborghini and he writes Lamborghini a blank check. These are his demands and they are non-negotiable.
  • Top speed = 250+ mph
  • 0 - 60 mph = <2 seconds
  • Horsepower = 1000+
  • Engine = naturually aspirated V12
Is it possible?
Blank check with no restriction on mods and also accepted the risk of blown engine? YES.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts