Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Anyone ever heard of " Arizona Wholesale Auto & Truck Owned by Alan Monroe?

Yelp Page:

Arizona Wholesale Auto & Truck - Phoenix, AZ | Yelp

Bad reviews on Yelp.

He always has lambos for sale, clean title, and his prices are the cheapest. Any info about him will be highly appreciated,

He sells 1997 Diablo Roadstre VT for $125k (high mileage - 72,000 KM) and a similar model (lom mileage) 1999 goes on ebay for $400k:

Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster Must Have for Any Serious Collector | eBay

Thanks,

Simon

·
Registered
85 Posts
That sounds like a good buy, but......... Inspect in person.

A Diablo roadster for $125k, almost too cheap!

·
Registered
849 Posts
If the car was worth $125k it wouldn't have lasted a week, much less 2 months. Now if you really have to have a roadster, and can't come up with $175k to get a good '97, then this may be the car for you.

However, you better make damn sure the drivetrain is in good shape, as you can easily spend $40k on rebuilds. I ran a PPI on a similar miles '99 (55k) that was being sold for $85k, and it found that both the engine and transmission had big issues.....so I bought a low mile '99 (9k miles) for less than $40k more.

·
Registered
516 Posts
SHARK01 is spot on with his assessment.

The least expensive aspect of a Lamborghini can be the original purchase price.

The cost of repairs can easily eat up any savings of a low entry price point. Major mechanical repairs can purchase a very nice family sedan.

Buying the best, most serviced, and documented car you can find will save you money in the long run.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Call Lambo of Scottsdale and ask them about the $35k worth of work they did on the car! Then send it there for a PPI

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for all of the valuable info regarding this car and getting Pre-Purchase Inspection. I highly appreciate it. Any other opinions or advice will be highly appreciated. I am new to this forum and really love it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The link says $175k.....

·
Registered
849 Posts
The Autotrader ad now also says $175k.....I'm willing to bet they saw my post in this thread that good '97s are $175k.....which is funny considering I'm talking about 15k mile cars with good ownership and service histories.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You really think they found this post and raised the price? It's a possibility, but what would make them randomly surf the net and do that? You think this post somehow got other people interested, that contacted them and it created some sort of a chain reaction to make them raise the price? Arizona Wholesale Auto & Truck has really bad 7 reviews on Yelp. I don't know what it means exactly. I am a little hesitant to spend so much money on a car with sketchy ownership.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By the way, speaking on Diablo...this seller has one for sale for 3 years now. He will even take $89K. His name is Shawn Hoover, not a friendly guy:

1991 Lamborghini Diablo

Do you think he can't sell it cause it's all Custom Made inside and not OEM Original Lamo parts?

·
Registered
849 Posts
You really think they found this post and raised the price? .
Sure, my post and the price change (to EXACTLY the number I mentioned) occured within 4 hours.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Do you think he can't sell it cause it's all Custom Made inside and not OEM Original Lamo parts?
Oh, this car has ALOT on Lamo parts on it:p

The reason it didn't sell before was if you had $90k, you didn't have to settle for a Frankenstein car.....different story now.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts