Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if these could be de-blinged to a dark smoky chrome or black?

Does anyone know best practice, cost, outcome, and duration to achieve?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would advise against it, and I’ll explain.

To change the colour you’ll have to split the rim. This means removing 20 split rim bolts from each wheel. In itself this is no problem, however they have a tendency to stick and round off.

Lamborghini do not sell these bolts, nor does anyone else. They’re M8 25mm titanium. Split rim bolts are generally M7.

I know this because I’m currently going through this exact problem. And it’s looking like I’ll have to get custom bolts made! Not cheap and a long lead time.

So, if you want a different look I’d suggest leaving the stock wheels alone and opt for some aftermarket wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,345 Posts
I think that was an aftermarket job. Lambo never offered that wheel in chrome. They did silver, black, and gunmetal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
These can be done without taking apart the rims or bolts. A good quality shop that does upper end wheels and use to stripping down rims then changing colors/coating, I would estimate $200-250ish a wheel.

·
Registered
215 Posts
These can be done without taking apart the rims or bolts. A good quality shop that does upper end wheels and use to stripping down rims then changing colors/coating, I would estimate $200-250ish a wheel.
Yeah, you’re right you could do. My experience was coming from painting them. Obviously this would powder coat the bolts too. But considering you don’t ever want to try remove them, probably doesn’t matter!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I took my Calistos apart and had them all redone. No issues at all. Re used the same bolts and didn't have any of them strip. Just be careful taking the bolts out I guess. I talked to a wheel guy years ago about taking chrome off and he said its a tough job to do it right but Im sure it can be done. Just whether or not its worth it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah, I think my wheels had been done before badly and the bolts were in bad shape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts