Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone identify this Countach?

These pictures were taken around 1985/1986 at a dealership in Pompano Beach, FL called Progressive Motors. It belonged to a customer who needed to keep is safely stored.

I spent every day of my weeklong family vacation visiting that car. My folks would drop me off in the morning and pick me up in the afternoon. I couldn’t get enough time with something that special. I would just hunker down into the seat, shifting through the gears, imagining I was driving--all the days long. Any normal 12-year-old boy would do the same, right? And thanks to a very kind salesman, Larry Reynolds, I was fortunate to get a ride as well.

I’d love to know more about the car. I suspect it was an early eighties LP 400 S…but I’m not sure. I know these pictures aren’t great, but maybe one of you knows the car. It'd be really cool if someday I would get to see her again.

Lastly, feel free to make fun of my Jams.

Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Based on the years these could have been taken, it's either an LP500S or Quattrovalvole; those would have been the most recent models in an exotic dealer back then. I'm leaning toward LP500S, since I'm going to assume exotics worked a bit different back then in that the absolute latest models (would have been the QV at the time) weren't sitting on the showroom. I could be wrong.., have no experience in the 80s.

I'll try digging through some vins and see what I can find!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hard to tell from photos if there is the hump/bump on the rear engine lid to know if it is a QV or not. Def seems like a LP500S / LP5000s at least.
Jams!!!! Long live Ocean Pacfic. lol

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
This is a swiss delivered car, you can identify from the side indicators under the plexi.
From the engine Lid it looks like a LP5000s - only possibility CLA12531.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wish I'd thought to ping Raymond earlier! Was coming here originally to admit my troubles in narrowing down some VINs. Not sure I'll have any better luck finding current whereabouts for 531, but I'll give it the same college try.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
What are you looking for exactly?
Also for us (Countach register community) 531 was so far unknown, any whereabouts is welcome.

We have meanwhile collected a huge number of cars in www.countach-register.com where I'm one of the main contributors.

Reactions: Damillster

·
Registered
226 Posts
What are you looking for exactly?
As far as exacts, I'm not actually sure. I was just trying to pin down an originally red LP500/5000S before you narrowed the vin. I just wanted to help the OP if I could. Didn't have the luck I hoped for, but I shouldn't be surprised if it's unknown to a dedicated registry.

Thank you for sharing it and pitching into this conversation by the way; I'm grateful for the knowledge and new resource even if I was unable to find the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your responses...

A few more things to add:

-Even though this was at the dealership in 85/86, it was not brand new. The dealership was just storing it for the owner. I could have been there for years.
-I know it was not a QV. It had side-draft carbs with a flat deck lid.
-It DID NOT have any additional rear bumper.
-I know it said countach S on the back. Though I don't exactly remember if it also said 5000. I don't think it did. But I can't be sure. Sorry I don't have pictures of the rear.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
It must be a LP5000s because of the center console, the LP400s has a flat black
plate and side vents:.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Speedometer Steering part

Perhaps you can remember the door panels.
Flat = LP400s, with the leather inserts -> LP500s and QV
Red Canonball2 LP400s:
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

QV: different center console, no side vents
Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't remember the door panels. But the center console definitely makes it an LP500S. I guess that means 82-84?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I don't remember the door panels. But the center console definitely makes it an LP500S. I guess that means 82-84?
March 1982-March 1985
CLA12531, #445, 9.11.1982, Lamborghini SA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RaymondQV,

Thank you so much for helping with the mystery! I'm impressed and very appreciative. A few more questions and then I'll let this thread sunset....

1. You mentioned this was a swiss delivered car...from the side indicators under the plexi. Can you elaborate on that? I'm very interested.

2. Do you think there is any way to get a message to the current owner? It may seem a little "internet stalker creepy" but it's not. I'm just a car geek and I'd love to connect, share my experience, and learn more about the rest of its journey. Maybe even get another ride. :)

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
The side indicators are special because only swiss delivered car had the white parking light outside and the side indicators inside, normally it was the other way round - as simple as that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you.

And by Swiss delivery, I assume that means it was originally delivered to Switcherland from Italy and then subsequently made its way to the Unites States?

Again, thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Yes, swiss delivery means it came first to switzerland through the swiss importer Lamborghini SA which was owned by Rene Leimer.

Reactions: Damillster

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Likely, in some cases they turned the indicators, but then they are upside down.

To the left is 1121354, the white one is a 5l, this could be DLA12629 - registered in Florida in 1993.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unique Cars in Miami, FL. So cool! I've got a few pictures from the showroom. I'll post this evening.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts