Lamborghini Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone could help, i'd appreciate it. I am currently calculating my funds available to buy a murcielago or diablo. I am not in a position to pay cash at the moment. I know its asking a bit much and often times considered rude, but if someone could just PM (I do not wish for you to post here) me the average monthly payment for each of these cars, I would greatly appreciate it. I am heading to motorcars Intl. this next week and in case I see something that I just cannot refuse, I want to be able to comfortably know that I will have no problems. I know its one of those things "if you hafta ask, its too much" and luckily, I don't have to ask, or at least believe I do not have to ask. I have set aside roughly $2000 for a payment, am i near the ballpark? Again, if you could just PM me, you don't need to tell me the price of YOUR payment, but rather just an average would work out great. I searched yahoo, but came up with nothing. Thanks for any help, and I am greatly looking forward to visiting Motorcars Intl. this upcoming week!

Regards.

Brandon

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is excellent!!! Cannot believe I didn't think to look for that, I appreciate it very very much! Now to my next question, how long of a loan can you get on a lambo? I was thinking 5 years for sure, but a buddy of mine was saying something to the fact of "you can get a loan for like.....10-12 years with a car that expensive!" Any truth to this?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of putting around 50k, or at least between 50-65k. Is that a decent amount? I know the more the better, but i figured that was probably around the minimum.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not to offend, but if you are worried about monthly payments, consider the cost of repairs and maintenance as well. If you have to guess if you can afford the Lambo, you can't afford it.

Not trying to be a dink.

-Ben

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Why dont you look at our classifieds here first for a car?, There are BETTER deals here if you see what you want. Get your bank loan and save big. LOOK at my 03 red murcie for sale. ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes they have loans out there for 10 years or more, but would you really want to do that. Take this Car as an example. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6290&item=4510357340&rd=1 The buy it now price is $220,000 minus your 50 grand leaves you financing aprox $170,000. Doing that over 60 months at 3% interest gives payments of $3054.67 with the total interest of $13,280. now take the same $170,000 stretch it out to 10 years and your payments drop to $1641.53 but the total interest is $26,983.91, Instead why not get something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6290&item=4510221497&rd=1 It is only $135,000 minus your 50 grand leaves you financing only $80,000 which over 60 months is $1437.49 this would leave you with about 500 a month for insurance and repairs. Anyway the cars were only examples but you get the point. On the more boring side of the equation what would happen if you took your 50 grand and invested it and added $2000 a month to it for 5 years. You would be able to buy the car with cash and have money left over for upgrades or repairs.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Im glad youre intersted in buying a Lambo, i can only dream of buying it.
But are u more interested in a Murcielago or in a Diablo, its a big difference you know...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, about 55% of me wants a Murcielago, and the other part would love to have a Diablo. I feel as though I will be most pleased with either one. I kind of think the Diablo the more I think about it. Its a bit cheaper, and it would be a great car for me to get the hang on this stuff and then maybe eventually trade up to the Murcielago. I guess really I am trying to decide whether I would like to go straight towards the top, or go extremely close with the Diablo. I have been a fan of the Diablo for a long long time, I even have several die cast models of them. In all reality, when I set eyes on the car of my dreams, which I don't know what it looks like yet :) , I'll probably splurge and buy it.

I am in no way, shape, or form worried about the cost of maintenance. The car will not be a daily driver, just a weekend car throughout the summer. I currently have an 01 Mustang GT that is used as a daily driver. I am not worried about the cost of maintenance mainly due to how little it will be driven. I was just wanting to see rather I should make good with the 2k I set out for it, or if i needed more. Thanks for all the replys, you really don't know how much help you all have been.

·
Registered
124 Posts
With the questions you are asking you should be looking the Diablo route....Truth is if you're financing a Murcie the reality is that it is not the most favorable time for you to buy one. Just get a good used DIablo and you will love the car and be happy that you don't have the Murcie loan hanging over your head. Diablo's are awesome vehicles and you can do alot with the money you will save from the lesser payment.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Diablo will probably result in a smaller payment, but a higher interest rate because of their age. You'll surely get more favorable rates on a Murcielago.

If you don't plan to drive the car, that's why you *should* be concerned about maintenance and service rates. Those are the cars that have problems from not being driven.

Cheers,

-Ben

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
are you serious? How can it go bad if its not used? Maybe I should drive it some then. Obviously not a daily driver though. I really like the looks of the Murcielago though, as well as the Diablo, its just when I first heard of the Murcie I was like "no way it will be better than the Diablo" but then I saw it, and was awww struck. I can without a doubt afford either one, but not both :p . Its just a hard time deciding which would be better for me. I still have plenty of time, if i don't see one this next week, then I will just keep looking. I am certainly in no hurry!

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Murcie looks had to grow on me, I still freak out when I see a Diablo driving down the road....The Murcie gets looks from me but not the same reaction as a Diablo....Of course this is just my preference ;)

Bottom line is gets what you feel most comfortable with.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.