Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a C8 2 weeks ago. Here are my assessments of C8 and how it compares to my other cars: 2018 Avent S, 2018 AMG GTS & 2017 Cali T.

Transmission: C8 DCT is a huge improvement over my 2016 Z06 A8. It’s very smooth, quick and crisp in up shifts. It's a little abrupt from 3rd to 2nd and 2nd to 1st gears. C8 has wheel mounted paddles, I prefer Italian style column mounted paddles, you always know where to find them. GTS 1st, C8 2nd, Cali T 3rd & Avent. 4th.

Exterior Style: I like C8 from A pillar forward, from A pillar backward, it has not grown on me and I don’t think it ever will. The side scopes don’t flow and It doesn’t do the overall design any favor. IMHO, C7 styling was/is better than C8. Avent 1st, Cali T 2nd, GTS 3rd, C8 4th.

Interior: C8 interior is beautiful, well designed with quality material and good workmanship. It is as good as European cars. Gone the smell of plastic and epoxy, instead it’s subtle smell of leather and newness. GT2 seats are awesome, comfortable and good looking. Cockpit is driver focused and wraps round you. Avent 1st, C8 2nd, GTS 3rd & Cali T 4th.

Handling & Road Compliance: I didn’t get the Mag ride because you have to order Z51 package to be able to get it and I didn’t care for the rear spoiler on Z51, however, I am so impressed with it’s ride quality. It's just a pleasure to drive it! I have not notice much of body roll either. I did some spirited driving on the back roads and C8 feels like it’s on rails! When it comes to cornering & handling, It’s better than any mid engine Italian car I have owned/experienced. C8 1st, Avent 2nd, GTS 3rd, Cali T 4th.

Technology: IMHO, C8 tech is more advanced than the Europeans. I love the rear view camera/mirror, a must have for mid engine cars as visibility is so poor with tiny rear window. I really like the PDR. I used My old Z06 PDR extensively on the track to improve my driving skills. HUD is multi color and configurable. The 14 speaker Bose sound system is unbelievable, it's better than 1,000 watt B&O I had on a DB11. C8 1st, GTS 2nd, Avent & Cali T 3rd.

Exhaust Notes: I have the NPP option, but it’s a bit too quiet for my taste, however once you get above 4 grand, it sounds really good! Avent 1st, GTS 2nd, C8 3rd, & Cali T 4th.

Exclusivity: Right now and for next few months, C8 is a novelty, but in a year, 30,000 of them will be out there. Avent 1st, Cali T 2nd, AMG 3rd, C8 4th.

Here are a few pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for the info. Must say though, if I had that Avent, I don’t think I’d ever look at another car the rest of my life.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Must say though, if I had that Avent, I don’t think I’d ever look at another car the rest of my life.
Thanks! I do love my Avent and it's by far my most favorite car ever!

With all the hype around C8, I wanted to experience it and with the exception of exterior styling, I think GM had done a good job.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice write-up! I just can't believe the cost for that type of power - it's just unheard of. I've contacted a few dealers about availability, but it seems everyone is closed :(
Can you share details on how long it took to take delivery? And if you paid anywhere near MSRP?

·
Registered
200 Posts
C8 & My First Impressions

Agree. It’s very nice, and a massive leap forward from the C7... but just didn’t have the overall “exotic mystique” to compel me to own one.

I canceled my C8 deposit back in October and bought a 2006 Gallardo coupe instead.

Zero regrets.

Can’t even fathom the bliss of an Aventador.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,207 Posts
Great write up. It’s always good to hear from someone like you who a lot to compare it to. Thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice write-up! I just can't believe the cost for that type of power - it's just unheard of. I've contacted a few dealers about availability, but it seems everyone is closed :(
Can you share details on how long it took to take delivery? And if you paid anywhere near MSRP?
Thanks! I got on a list of a small dealership in Dallas area Dec 2017 and was 1st on their list. I paid MSRP. Most dealers sell at MSRP, but there are some asking $10-$15K above.

All the dealers in Dallas area are still open. I just placed an order for front splitter with one of them. GM claims that all the cars for the 1st year are sold, however, due to financial crisis, some of the guys with confirmed orders are dropping out. There are several posts on Corvette forum regarding those who called around and found C8s and bought them at MSRP.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agree. It’s very nice, and a massive leap forward from the C7... but just didn’t have the overall “exotic mystique” to compel me to own one.

I canceled my C8 deposit back in October and bought a 2006 Gallardo coupe instead.

Zero regrets.

Can’t even fathom the bliss of an Aventador.
Congrats on your Gallardo! If I were to choose between a G or a C8, I would go for the G. My 1st Lambo was a 2006 yellow G. I LOVED it! In 4 years I had it, it didn't give me any problem, hydraulic lift had a leak when I bought it and dealer disclosed that. After 4 years, I only lost $10K when I traded it for a Murci.

IMHO, C8 makes a good track car. Relatively inexpensive with great handling and cheap to maintain.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thanks for the detailed ownership experience. You have a nice selection of cars to choose from. I think your last post says it all. The C8 is a lot of kit for the price but an exotic comparable to Ferrari and Lamborghini. It does make a good track car based on the running and consumable cost.

·
Vendor
2,335 Posts
Congrats on your Gallardo! If I were to choose between a G or a C8, I would go for the G. My 1st Lambo was a 2006 yellow G. I LOVED it! In 4 years I had it, it didn't give me any problem, hydraulic lift had a leak when I bought it and dealer disclosed that. After 4 years, I only lost $10K when I traded it for a Murci.

Cool story. The G is a very fun car and one where old technology gives more driver feedback and visceral experience.

I will say that color goes well on the c8.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts