Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Community,
I was very close to putting down a deposit on a Ferrari Roma. However, my wife suggested I consider a Lamborghini before making a final decision. I have since stopped by my local dealer and fell in love with the Huracan. Besides being an awesome car with an incredible engine sound, I just really like the fact that the cabin is no fuss with an emphasis on giving it a “drivers feel”. This will be my first foray into the world of Lamborghini and would welcome any thoughts on individual experiences of owning a Huracan. I would be particularly interested in thoughts about AWD vs RWD.
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,711 Posts
Welcome. I am relatively new to Lamborghini as well just a little over a year but the experience has been great. Prior to owning the Huracan I owned a few Porsches and although they are well built sports cars the look, the feel and sound of a Lamborghini are tough to beat. At this point I am staying put with Lamborghini it's the real deal.
Regarding RWD and AWD that has been discussed quite extensively and you may want to search the topic but I have provided a link to a recent thread that discusses these the two variants. I personally like RWD sports cars because they are a bit more unruly and hence fun but others like AWD for the improved traction and stability. It really boils down to personal taste, and thus I would advise test driving both and see what you think. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I think you’ll find most of your answers on that link provided on the above post. If you have questions after reading that and just come back here and ask and we’ll be glad to accommodate you.

·
Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
114 Posts
Hello! I have had a RWD Huracan a little over a year. Simply put: Owning a Lamborghini is life changing. The Huracan IMO is the best rare supercar you can still drive around town. It's small enough to fit in downtown parking, it's quick enough to smoke sport bikes on the highway, it has heated seats and A/C that works, and it's just plain fun showing kids and strangers the car when you fill up at the gas station. Everyone's tastes are different but I'm willing to bet that if you go Lambo your only regret will not be doing it sooner 😀

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,024 Posts
Ferrari has some great cars but I’d take a Huracan over a Roma any day! Roma is a nice little comfy cruiser GT car. The Huracan will give you a huge smile from ear to ear while driving it because of the looks, sounds, and feel. Just make sure it suits your needs because the Huracan and Roma are two completely different cars. Roma can seat 4 people even though it would be tight in the back, and it has a larger trunk. The Huracan has a small space behind the seats and a smaller frunk….

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear Community,
I was very close to putting down a deposit on a Ferrari Roma. However, my wife suggested I consider a Lamborghini before making a final decision. I have since stopped by my local dealer and fell in love with the Huracan. Besides being an awesome car with an incredible engine sound, I just really like the fact that the cabin is no fuss with an emphasis on giving it a “drivers feel”. This will be my first foray into the world of Lamborghini and would welcome any thoughts on individual experiences of owning a Huracan. I would be particularly interested in thoughts about AWD vs RWD.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hello! I have had a RWD Huracan a little over a year. Simply put: Owning a Lamborghini is life changing. The Huracan IMO is the best rare supercar you can still drive around town. It's small enough to fit in downtown parking, it's quick enough to smoke sport bikes on the highway, it has heated seats and A/C that works, and it's just plain fun showing kids and strangers the car when you fill up at the gas station. Everyone's tastes are different but I'm willing to bet that if you go Lambo your only regret will not be doing it sooner 😀
Agreed! I just realized I had heated seats like 3 weeks ago...:ROFLMAO:
Gas stations are the most fun!
I've had to call my wife more than once and tell her, yes, I'm still here.
People won't leave you alone, but that's part of the experience. And I regret not doing it sooner...

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Use the Search function you will find many hours of reading to educate yourself on the H and AWD vs RWD.

What is your driving purpose? Daily driver vs weekend warrior?

2 completely different cars.

Huracan is a proper sportscar

Roma is a GT car.

I cant stand the front of the Roma it looks like a cheese grater.

The Roma looks like an Aston Martin clone and not as exotic as an H.

I use my H as a daily driver and it is more challenging than the 458 Spider and California I previously owned.

Since this is your first exotic, definitely testdrive both for an extended period.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

I agree, that front grill looks terrible. Also the nose is little too long, but other than that this color makes it looks as good as it can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome. I am relatively new to Lamborghini as well just a little over a year but the experience has been great. Prior to owning the Huracan I owned a few Porsches and although they are well built sports cars the look, the feel and sound of a Lamborghini are tough to beat. At this point I am staying put with Lamborghini it's the real deal.
Regarding RWD and AWD that has been discussed quite extensively and you may want to search the topic but I have provided a link to a recent thread that discusses these the two variants. I personally like RWD sports cars because they are a bit more unruly and hence fun but others like AWD for the improved traction and stability. It really boils down to personal taste, and thus I would advise test driving both and see what you think. Good luck!

Thank you for the feedback, very helpful. The excitement of a RWD with that V10 is a perfect combination. It’s the thrill factor that I am after. Will
keep you posted once I have put in my order!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum!
I think you’ll find most of your answers on that link provided on the above post. If you have questions after reading that and just come back here and ask and we’ll be glad to accommodate you.
Thank you very much. I will probably ask for some advice on essential option recommendations. Off to see the dealer next week and will post his suggested specification.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you are absolutely spot on!! I am already regretting not have purchased one sooner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Use the Search function you will find many hours of reading to educate yourself on the H and AWD vs RWD.

What is your driving purpose? Daily driver vs weekend warrior?

2 completely different cars.

Huracan is a proper sportscar

Roma is a GT car.

I cant stand the front of the Roma it looks like a cheese grater.

The Roma looks like an Aston Martin clone and not as exotic as an H.

I use my H as a daily driver and it is more challenging than the 458 Spider and California I previously owned.

Since this is your first exotic, definitely testdrive both for an extended period.
That’s what put me off in the end, the Jaguar and Aston comparisons. As much as I love Ferrari, I can’t help but think they have lost some time of the purity in some of their most recent offerings. The Roma is clearly targeted at pulling in would be Aston, Porsche and McLaren GT buyers. I can’t help feeling it is a somewhat “safe” car with a Ferrari badge and what I want is a thrill and a smile every time I get in the car and drive!

Good advice I will test drive both.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
That’s what put me off in the end, the Jaguar and Aston comparisons. As much as I love Ferrari, I can’t help but think they have lost some time of the purity in some of their most recent offerings. The Roma is clearly targeted at pulling in would be Aston, Porsche and McLaren GT buyers. I can’t help feeling it is a somewhat “safe” car with a Ferrari badge and what I want is a thrill and a smile every time I get in the car and drive!

Good advice I will test drive both.
Based on my ownership experience with the California 2 years of daily driving and the Huracan RWD 3 years of daily driving the Huracan is much more exciting and emotional.

Have fun shopping for cars and keep us posted on your search.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Others have made great points and I can't speak to AWD vs RWD or even the driving experience as I'm a week or two from delivery, but I did previously have a Ferrari 458.

My experience for the car and with the dealer was all very positive and the car itself was a masterpiece but there was something about brand perception that was sort of strange. My garage in Manhattan that I had been parking at forever suddenly started calling me "sir" when I got the Ferrari. There's some sort of a probably self imagined aristocratic grey poupon-esq old conservative opulence schema that coming from the world of unpretentious and effusively obsessive Lotus fandom didn't quite sit well with me. Again, self created I'm sure. But I will say, there does seem to be a bit of a difference in candor between archetypical Lamborghini and Ferrari tropes. So far, no one has bat an eye at the fact that I purchased a snow tire and wheel package for my Huracan and will use it year round. But when I did that for the 458, while folks thought it was cool, boy was it a talking point. I absolutely met plenty of nice Ferrari people and I do love the cars, but there is just something about the Lamborghini flare for the present and not worrying about the pollen count much less the odometer when taking my car out of the garage that resonates more with me. Again, this is my bias and probably self imagined.

Other Ferrari things like the damn sticky button issue (which I would imagine is not a thing on the Roma) were a little tiresome, as I was always using my knuckle to touch buttons so as not to get the oil on my hands to further expedite the degradation. Thats to say I'm VERY happy to have the VW parts bin for the stupid little things that just need to work.

One final thought on the Roma as I went to a premiere event on Long Island and got to play with one a little. Looks are subjective, I'm mentally 5 and will always prefer a mid engine fire breathing Lambo aesthetic, but the interior of the Roma is laden with "screen" based haptic not real buttons that drive me INSANE. The interface is also very laggy on the Ferrari. While there are no great fans of the EVO infotainment system I still would consider it a step up based on my experiences.

For my $0.02 were I after a Ferrari I think I'd go for a 488 (F8 prices are just stupid at the moment) or a 458 if something older is within the purview (or certainly an F12 or 812 superfast).

Finally, I have to admit I thought a lot about the famous story of Enzo telling Ferruccio that he was just some tractor maker, the son of grape farmers, and what business did he have in telling Ferrari how to improve his cars...Lamborghini is what happens when you sardonically chide a talented dreamer and I do honestly think that spirit is still imbued within their ethos, culture, and design. When I told the folks at Lamborghini when I went to visit that part of the reason I went with Rosso Mars/Terre is because I thought Ferruccio would appreciate that my color combo would tick off Enzo and the Ferrari ilk for creating a Lamborghini in the likeness of their stereotypical hue, my guide at the factory smiled and she said "Oh I think he would have liked that". Needless to say, my tortuous life path has led me to Huracan against conventional wisdom or common sense, and it feels great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Others have made great points and I can't speak to AWD vs RWD or even the driving experience as I'm a week or two from delivery, but I did previously have a Ferrari 458.

My experience for the car and with the dealer was all very positive and the car itself was a masterpiece but there was something about brand perception that was sort of strange. My garage in Manhattan that I had been parking at forever suddenly started calling me "sir" when I got the Ferrari. There's some sort of a probably self imagined aristocratic grey poupon-esq old conservative opulence schema that coming from the world of unpretentious and effusively obsessive Lotus fandom didn't quite sit well with me. Again, self created I'm sure. But I will say, there does seem to be a bit of a difference in candor between archetypical Lamborghini and Ferrari tropes. So far, no one has bat an eye at the fact that I purchased a snow tire and wheel package for my Huracan and will use it year round. But when I did that for the 458, while folks thought it was cool, boy was it a talking point. I absolutely met plenty of nice Ferrari people and I do love the cars, but there is just something about the Lamborghini flare for the present and not worrying about the pollen count much less the odometer when taking my car out of the garage that resonates more with me. Again, this is my bias and probably self imagined.

Other Ferrari things like the damn sticky button issue (which I would imagine is not a thing on the Roma) were a little tiresome, as I was always using my knuckle to touch buttons so as not to get the oil on my hands to further expedite the degradation. Thats to say I'm VERY happy to have the VW parts bin for the stupid little things that just need to work.

One final thought on the Roma as I went to a premiere event on Long Island and got to play with one a little. Looks are subjective, I'm mentally 5 and will always prefer a mid engine fire breathing Lambo aesthetic, but the interior of the Roma is laden with "screen" based haptic not real buttons that drive me INSANE. The interface is also very laggy on the Ferrari. While there are no great fans of the EVO infotainment system I still would consider it a step up based on my experiences.

For my $0.02 were I after a Ferrari I think I'd go for a 488 (F8 prices are just stupid at the moment) or a 458 if something older is within the purview (or certainly an F12 or 812 superfast).

Finally, I have to admit I thought a lot about the famous story of Enzo telling Ferruccio that he was just some tractor maker, the son of grape farmers, and what business did he have in telling Ferrari how to improve his cars...Lamborghini is what happens when you sardonically chide a talented dreamer and I do honestly think that spirit is still imbued within their ethos, culture, and design. When I told the folks at Lamborghini when I went to visit that part of the reason I went with Rosso Mars/Terre is because I thought Ferruccio would appreciate that my color combo would tick off Enzo and the Ferrari ilk for creating a Lamborghini in the likeness of their stereotypical hue, my guide at the factory smiled and she said "Oh I think he would have liked that". Needless to say, my tortuous life path has led me to Huracan against conventional wisdom or common sense, and it feels great.
I went through a very similar thought process. I agree with everything you say about the Roma interior. It is a very fiddly interior. When I get in the car I want it to be fuss free. It’s got to be all about the driving experience. 458 is indeed a fantastic car and residual values in the U.K. are now growing through the roof with the growing demand for one last naturally aspirated experience in the V8 world. I did look at the 488 and there are some good spec vehicles at very reasonable prices but you only get that engine howl experience if you are driving the Spyder so in my mind it kind of defeats the object. The one observation I would make about Ferrari is that there is a transition taking place with a growing clientele that views the car as a must have luxury goods accessory. When I went to the Lamborghini garage to check out the Huracan I ended up in a tranche like state. It took me back to my youth and the big Lamborghini Countach poster I had on my bedroom wall, always telling myself that one day I would own a Lamborghini. Thanks for the feedback. I would be interested in what options you added to your car.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Dear Community,
Thanks in advance!
Roma....doesn’t look so nice.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

What i like to add about ferrari yes they are pretty cars ...but the sticky button is a joke and owners accept this junk.
Or the best part is every time i went to look to buy a F12 they had corrosion on the rear grill area because ferrari used dissimilar metals and didn’t use .05 cents plastic washer to keep the metals separate .
SmH.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts