Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.

After long consideration I decided to finally start looking to buy a Lamborghini Gallardo, my budget is anywhere from 100k to 150k. I am not sure what year Gallardo to buy or what particular model, any suggestions or recommendations? Also what kind of maintenance I am looking at? Meaning brake change oil change and etc.

I also live in Brooklyn, New York so if anyone is from here any recommendations regarding owning a Gallardo in Brooklyn.

Thank you in advance guys.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Greetings and salutations and welcome to Lamborghini Talk, ruslan1987!:)
If you're in Brooklyn, I will suggest that you also have a second car as your daily driver! I hear NY potholes are a killer these days...;)

Anyways, your budget is pretty wide. It will encompass some nice pre-LP as well as some early model LP models. The best for resale (lowest depreciation likely) would be the 04/05 models which are around the bottom of your budget at ~$100k, but these have tall gears (so poorer acceleration) and might not have the front lift system (04 definitely doesn't, some 05 might have as an added option). As such, I'd recommend going to 07/08 if you want a pre-LP thought these have an asking price of $120k-$140k.

If you can swing it, and don't mind taking the risk of more depreciation, then I'd recommend an LP car...possibly an 09 or 10. The LPs are better in many ways, but most notably the transmission. These currently have an average asking price of $140k-$150k, and so fit in at the top of your budget.

Right now, gated manuals seem to be holding their value better, and will likely be the first ones to start appreciating in value in the future. If you want a gated manual, you're pretty much limited to pre-LP. There are few LP gated manuals and when they come up for sale, they usually have a decent premium attached (right now, there are only 2 LP gated manuals that I know of on Autotrader (as of 12/01) and they are both 2012, one with an asking price of ~$250 and the other at ~$165).

As for maintenance, you're probably looking at the usual stuff ... plus an occasional clutch. These are much more reliable cars than exotics in the past. Clutch wear is still common simply because of the power and how the car uses it. Even then, with proper usage, a clutch will last you for thousands of miles. Usual maintenance (outside the clutch) will not be too bad, though it will likely be significantly more than a "regular" car. You can contact your nearest dealer or your favored mechanic (assuming he has experience with Lambos) to find out how much things like oil/filter/lube, tire replacement/rotation/balancing, brake rotors/pads, etc. will cost. These costs can vary by mechanic, so it is hard to nail down. As for possible dealership costs or average yearly costs, I'll let others with more experience give a more definitive answer.

If you're handy with cars and like doing as much maintenance as possible by yourself, then you're in luck. If you ever get in a jam, you can ask here as there are lot of people have likely experienced the exact same thing or something similar.

Good luck in your search and feel free to ask opinions on vehicles you are considering.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,473 Posts
For $150k you can get a mce 2012 550-2 coupe or Spyder.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Good luck driving one in Brooklyn or Queens. Worst place to drive a nice car, roads are total sh$t as you already know. Sorry I wasn't much help

·
Registered
876 Posts
I drove ost of he variants during my search and the LP cars (2009 and newer) were much better cars. Yep, they will chew up every bit of your $150k, but its worth the extra IF you can swing it comfortably

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I drove ost of he variants during my search and the LP cars (2009 and newer) were much better cars. Yep, they will chew up every bit of your $150k, but its worth the extra IF you can swing it comfortably

I think Shark01 is right on. If you don't mind spending at the top of your budget an LP is the way to go. There are many upgrades on the LP most important the engine and E-Gear difference. The engine is not just a horsepower upgrade it is a re designed engine. The LP revs so much quicker and is so much snappier than the the pre LP.;)

·
Registered
3,668 Posts

I think Shark01 is right on. If you don't mind spending at the top of your budget an LP is the way to go. There are many upgrades on the LP most important the engine and E-Gear upgrades. The engine is not just a horsepower upgrade it is a re designed engine. The LP revs so much quicker and snappier than the the pre LP.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I have this 2013 LP550-2 with UNDER 6k miles...still has some factory warranty left.

Will sell it for $151,250.00 if done by the end of the year..that's a great bargain AND your choice of wheels as well!~!

2013 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Lynnwood, Washington | Cats Exotics

Have several others on my web site as well, just got in a NICE 2007 NERA, can do that one for $128K

Cats Exotics | Exotic Car Dealership specializing in Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, and Collector Cars
That's a great price on the 2013 and an awesome color! That car should be around 160-165K! Roy just took the next couple years of depreciation for you!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
^ totally concur. There is your car and Roy is the man to do business with. Good luck!
I agree! That is a great price! The color is spectacular too...definitely noticeable but not in a "loud" way. You can't go wrong with this car. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I purchased a Gallardo from Roy earlier this year sight unseen. It was everything he represented and more! I couldn't have been happier!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Holy crap. That car from Roy is a steal. And you are guaranteed its perfect buying from him. There's your new car. Congrats !!!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts