Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if you have to pay cash or lease a lambo....
you know, just incase in a few years i can possibly afford lambo type monthly payments :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can do either, but some Lambo dealers have 144 month financing.

A recent quote on a new Gallardo, sticker $175,000:

$45000 down
$1445.00 month

·
Registered
9 Posts
craiglieberman said:
You can do either, but some Lambo dealers have 144 month financing.

A recent quote on a new Gallardo, sticker $175,000:

$45000 down
$1445.00 month
Why the hell would you finance a car for 12 years?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

That is freaking nuts. I would say most guys, correct me if I'm wrong, that buy Lambos can afford to pay for them cash or finance them for a couple of years at the most.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
wow, ok i guess i'll wait until i can afford one. i hope firefighting can do the trick.

Also, I was just wondering if i could just walk into the Toronto Lamborghini dealership and test drive a lambo...

·
Registered
73 Posts
one way to finance it would be to pull money from a property. This way you don't tie up cash for a depreciating asset. by refinancing a mortage and pulling cash out you could likely benefit by having tax deductions on the interest and extremely small payments. This, of course, does not mean it is a logical investment, but it allows you to use cash for funding investments that actually offer a residual or allow for appreciation.
this would allow you to get a 175 car for nothing down and interest deducatable payments of maybe 1000 per month or less

·
Registered
104 Posts
billabong said:
wow, ok i guess i'll wait until i can afford one. i hope firefighting can do the trick.

Also, I was just wondering if i could just walk into the Toronto Lamborghini dealership and test drive a lambo...
ibought my first lambo before i ever drove a lambo. the decision to buy isnt based on answereing the question " do i like how it drives?"

·
Registered
29 Posts
lambo financing

Excellent advice 666diablo. I have done that for years for all my cars and motorcycles. I live in Southern California where housing values have shot through the roof and that's how I bought my current and future Lambo. The trick is to buy something that you can afford because they will take your house if you default.

·
Registered
809 Posts
LOL!

for a lambo it just might be worth it...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so basically use a mortgage? oh and i wasnt talking about test driving it before i buy it, i just want to test drive it because i probably wont be buying it :eek:

·
Registered
170 Posts
billabong said:
so basically use a mortgage? oh and i wasnt talking about test driving it before i buy it, i just want to test drive it because i probably wont be buying it :eek:
Ive been turned away when I wanted to test drive a 94 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo when I was 17 and I actually wanted to buy it. So I doubt any Lambo dealer would let you test drive a car before you buy it unless you have money. Any current owners correct me if Im wrong.

·
Registered
163 Posts
billabong said:
Yeah, I was at the dealership here a while ago, looking at a blue Diablo VT roadster- not to buy, just lookin- and the guy would not let me TOUCH the car. I think in order to test drive one of those you need to really convince them- literally show them the money, perhaps. The guys at Lambo Dallas, where I bought mine, were a little more lenient, but then again they knew I had flown down from Utah. You're going to have to be damn lucky if they let you test drive one, sorry to be the bringer of bad news, because I remember wanting to do the same thing... :eek:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
man, even if i can sit in or just touch one would be nice.... obviously.

well i'll go down there anyways and give it a shot.

Ive always loved lambo's but up until i came to this forum did i REALLY want one! my new life goal at age 19: to get a lambo.

·
Registered
91 Posts
miuracorse2913 said:
Yeah, I was at the dealership here a while ago, looking at a blue Diablo VT roadster- not to buy, just lookin- and the guy would not let me TOUCH the car. I think in order to test drive one of those you need to really convince them- literally show them the money, perhaps. The guys at Lambo Dallas, where I bought mine, were a little more lenient, but then again they knew I had flown down from Utah. You're going to have to be damn lucky if they let you test drive one, sorry to be the bringer of bad news, because I remember wanting to do the same thing... :eek:

I think dealers with 'hands-off' policies are in it strictly for the money and have no deep passion for the brand. I was just in the local Porsche showroom. Popped by because I was walking to my office and it was enroute. Was very warmly greeted by the 'salesperson'. After telling him that I'm 'just looking' he deliberately pointed out that all the cars were unlocked and answered all my questions with genuine interest and passion. I could tell he really loves Porsches. Surprisingly he left the showroom and a lady took his place. I was surprised by his genuine enthusiasm, humility and warmth so I asked the lady for his name and she responded, "Thats David, our CEO". I would say if I was looking for a car I would have a bought a Porsche because of him.

·
Registered
163 Posts
gtr said:
I think dealers with 'hands-off' policies are in it strictly for the money and have no deep passion for the brand. I was just in the local Porsche showroom. Popped by because I was walking to my office and it was enroute. Was very warmly greeted by the 'salesperson'. After telling him that I'm 'just looking' he deliberately pointed out that all the cars were unlocked and answered all my questions with genuine interest and passion. I could tell he really loves Porsches. Surprisingly he left the showroom and a lady took his place. I was surprised by his genuine enthusiasm, humility and warmth so I asked the lady for his name and she responded, "Thats David, our CEO". I would say if I was looking for a car I would have a bought a Porsche because of him.
You're probably right about that. I had the same experience at a Porsche dealer, as a matter of fact. He let me take the car out alone on the freeway, I didn't even have to try to negotiate him into it. Same thing happened at the Mercedes dealer here, they had an unlocked, $186k CL65 sitting on the showroom floor. I would never work at a car dealership if I didn't have a real passion for it. I don't have to deal with this kind of thing because we (usually) don't have $150K+ cars come through our showrooms. But if you don't let your customers even get a good look at the car, why bother?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Buying A LAmbo

Yes, if you have significant equity in your house and you are responsible with your finances, a home equity loan is the way to go because you will deduct the interest and benefit around tax time. In essence, you buy from yourself. Also, some dealerships are more friendly towards customers. I walked into a Porsche dealership in Riverside, CA, looked at a 911 and the salesperson gave me the keys and told me to come back when I'm finished. As a result, I bought 3 cars from them over the years and recently test drove an 04 Gallardo for about a half an hour. So, it helps to develop a rapport with a dealership but some are not as friendly as others. Incedentally, I decided not to buy the Gallardo after reading about all the clutch problems.

·
Registered
170 Posts
When you walk into a dealer and they just hand you the keys what are you wearing? I mean are you nicely dressed? I know a guy around here that walked into a merceades dealer and was looking at an AMG (not sure which one) and they didnt even talk to him. Probaly because he wasnt wearing the best clothes and was a young guy. But his parents are loaded so they just lost a sale.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Test drive at the dealership.

This happened in '95 when I was 29 years old. I look considerably younger than my age (I'm 40 now) especially then, so, I was really surprised when he asked if I wanted to look at the 911 on the lot. Naturally, I said "yes" and he said " Let me get the keys. Take it for a spin and come back when you are finished." I had just moved from the Philadelphia area where the higher end car dealers were quite snobby and was totally blown away by the laid back Southern California attitude. I was wearing a tee shirt with some logo , jeans and sneakers. What's even funnier is that I was only looking with no intention to ask for help or definitely not to test drive. Subsequently, I bought the car from them and then a ' 99 Boxter and finally, a 2001 SL500. I recently test drove a 04 Gallardo they had on the floor but decided to pass for now. This dealership now gets exotic cars so, They let me test drive them because my history there has shown that if I test drive it today, I'll probably buy it tomarrow. I also bought a Ferrari 328 back in '97 from a friend who just bought Craig Lieberman's 6.0 Diablo. I'm looking forward to taking a spin in it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts