Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found my dream car after searching for a long time!

I'm purchasing this off of a "high profile" individual with a broker involved who will not release me the car until the funds have cleared his account.

I'm giving him a Cashiers Check directly at his bank and he says if it deposits instantly with no holds he will release the car.

BUT

If the check pends in his account he is not willing to give me anything until it clears.

I have talked until I'm blue in the face and explained that a cashiers check is the banks money and once I give him that check if he disappears I'm out the money with no car.

I have also tried to have his banker call my bank and verify funds but he is set on the check settling.

Is this normal? I have never had this issue before and it does seem odd. Any thoughts or concerns?

Anything that can be done to protect either of us? My bank will not wire it to him and I have thought of every possible solution I feel.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
This doesn't sound like a person I would be excited to do business with. I guess it depends on how badly you want the particular vehicle. Roy Cats may be able to "escrow" the money.

Please post pics! Good Luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
87 Posts
This doesn't sound like a person I would be excited to do business with. I guess it depends on how badly you want the particular vehicle. Roy Cats may be able to "escrow" the money.

Please post pics! Good Luck with your purchase!
Yes, I provide escrow and broker services....but to be quite frank..pretty normal to NOT release a car till funds have cleared. AND a CASHIERS CHECK can still, depending on the time frame be reversed. SO its not all that solid. The MOST solid is a wire transfer.

Have you layed eyes on the car that it truly exists...have you seen the title, free and clear both front and back?

Can always google the owners name as well as the handlers name and see what comes up..

Always good to google the vin# as well, not just carfax, lots of things can come up with a google vin

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
And the Guru has spoken!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,922 Posts
I wouldn't release my car either until I had the cash locked in one way or another. I have seen people get stiffed even after receiving a bonifide cashiers check. Still I would want to know EVERYTHING about the sellers agent.

Reactions: goldlifter

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I provide escrow and broker services....but to be quite frank..pretty normal to NOT release a car till funds have cleared. AND a CASHIERS CHECK can still, depending on the time frame be reversed. SO its not all that solid. The MOST solid is a wire transfer.

Have you layed eyes on the car that it truly exists...have you seen the title, free and clear both front and back?

Can always google the owners name as well as the handlers name and see what comes up..

Always good to google the vin# as well, not just carfax, lots of things can come up with a google vin
Laid eyes no. Several photographs that I have asked for as well as videos. I have talked to a couple of locals who are vouching for the guy.
Google checks out if that is in fact who I am dealing with.
Title is free and clear. Have photos of it in sellers LLC.
Car was actually purchased from you... I reached out via email all you could provide me with was that you in fact had the car. If you can vouch for the would be then buyer at the time ill buy with confidence.

-blake

·
Registered
87 Posts
Laid eyes no. Several photographs that I have asked for as well as videos. I have talked to a couple of locals who are vouching for the guy.
Google checks out if that is in fact who I am dealing with.
Title is free and clear. Have photos of it in sellers LLC.
Car was actually purchased from you... I reached out via email all you could provide me with was that you in fact had the car. If you can vouch for the would be then buyer at the time ill buy with confidence.

-blake
For obvious legal reasons I cant vouch for a seller that I dont have control of the car. You should ask him to send you a copy of his drivers license as well as a pic of him next to said car with today's dated newspaper. Or Face Time him in front of the car and showing the vin# on the windshield plate

Just out of curiosity what car is it, where is it and who you dealing with?? I dont recall your e mail sorry

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would be super careful. I almost got scammed a couple times looking for a luxury car-received all kinds of fake documents electronically that really looked legit. Actually scared the crap out of me how legitimate things appeared. I would recommend seeing the car in person and doing the deal in person.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,922 Posts
I would be super careful. I almost got scammed a couple times looking for a luxury car-received all kinds of fake documents electronically that really looked legit. Actually scared the crap out of me how legitimate things appeared. I would recommend seeing the car in person and doing the deal in person.
I think Roy's recommendation would certainly weed out any imposter! No one trying to scam you is going to give you his drivers license with photos etc..I am very curious to see how this all plays out.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,147 Posts
I never had a car released to me prior to the funds being in place.......I wire the funds and pay in full.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, happens more then you know. They find a car for sale, contact the seller, ask for and get copy of titles, service records, pics, Videos etc etc then turn around and "Market" it as a car THEY HAVE and for sale....once you send the money,..your never see a car or hear from them.

Another good thing is to have the car sent in for a PPI let the dealer see it and hold it like escrow...any legit seller would be happy to do that, if they dont to let the car go to a dealer to lay eyes on it WELL RUN AWAY RED FLAG

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,147 Posts
Remember this beauty Sookralli and he was an executive with Champion Porsche. Due diligence.......

·
Registered
128 Posts
What Roy suggested (PPI) sounds ideal. Just Not sure if the dealers would be comfortable holding the car and giving the car to a different owner at the end of the transaction. Sounds like a unnecessary headache for them.

Definitely pay extra for an escrow to hold title and funds. And car ideally. I think one can always request for duplicated title no?

Waiting for funds to clear is a legit reason. I hate private party deals so much for this exact reason as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What Roy suggested (PPI) sounds ideal. Just Not sure if the dealers would be comfortable holding the car and giving the car to a different owner at the end of the transaction. Sounds like a unnecessary headache for them.

Definitely pay extra for an escrow to hold title and funds. And car ideally. I think one can always request for duplicated title no?

Waiting for funds to clear is a legit reason. I hate private party deals so much for this exact reason as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 OF 172. Wish I could of found a dealer with one.

·
Registered
312 Posts
In all seriousness, it costs less than $200 to fly anywhere in the USA round trip.

fly there tomorrow morning. Sign papers and look at the vehicle. Meet the seller.

fyi, I flew down to Texas not once but twice to validate that the financing AND servicing was to spec, PRIOR to making deal.

good luck!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts