Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a heads up about a black gated 05 on Ebay. It was purchased last month for $73k and immediately the buyer has it back up for sale. If it were strictly an issue of selling for profit i would get it but the seller stated that he would not allow any inspection other than at his place. Hopefully nobody gets stung as the saying that keeps making itself true, "the cheapest exotic is often the most expensive".

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for giving everyone a heads up. Is this it.

2005 Lamborghini Gallardo https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/184065216369

Says it was rear ended too.
Thats it. I texted prepared to pick it up this week but when I asked about having an independent mechanic look at it, he refused and said "someone would buy it". I replied that if I wasnt comfortable with not having it professionally inspected and his response was "NEXT LOL". I have screenshots of the messages but it just gave me a bad feeling. I am always leery of someone not willing to let someone have an independent mechanic view a car, ESPECIALLY a Lamborghini or Ferrari. I've sold many of both and always try to put the buyers mind at ease by taking it to wherever they so wish, provided its within a reasonable distance. Looking at the 5th page of his ebay feedback history makes me feel better about the decision to pass

·
Registered
31 Posts
That seems pretty darn shady. Hopefully someone doesn’t get scammed too bad. Though it would have to be really bad shape to get hurt too much at that price. Even if the engine needs a rebuild you still get a gated G for around 100. Not the best deal if it has accident history but not the end of the world.

·
Super Moderator
3,176 Posts
Ad says can have it towed within an hour drive, doesn’t sound unreasonable. Also offers his shop with a lift, also reasonable. Doesn’t sound too shady to me, although he may sing a different tune over phone.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Does look tempting and would check all the right boxes with me (glass hood, gated, etc). And his post is pretty detailed

Jr. Mint brings up a good point: call him and ask some questions. You can tell pretty easily if he is a flipper or not based on his answers.

When I bought mine, I called the owner and got a great feeling. Of course he was a member of this site, which helped a ton

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ad says can have it towed within an hour drive, doesn’t sound unreasonable. Also offers his shop with a lift, also reasonable. Doesn’t sound too shady to me, although he may sing a different tune over phone.
This wasnt on the table when I spoke to him. Perhaps he changed his mind. Either way,his immaturity didnt sit well with me so I've moved on. These are toys, no more, no less. Its not worth risking a lot of money/headaches over a questionable car.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
This wasnt on the table when I spoke to him. Perhaps he changed his mind. Either way,his immaturity didnt sit well with me so I've moved on. These are toys, no more, no less. Its not worth risking a lot of money/headaches over a questionable car.
Agreed. The best revenge is not buying the car and watching as it sits for another 6 months minimum through winter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is anyone else seeing things like this more often?

Gallardos going up for sale for odd prices with odd stories and difficult owners attached?

I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of the guys who got a 144 month loan on one of these and never changed the oil are finally trying to get rid of their knocking V10 after learning its $40k to replace. Theres some $85k white manual thats been for sale for a while now. That car is a basket case. The Gallardo seems to suffer from both being exclusive, but still decently accessible so you run into examples like this where people who probably shouldnt have been able to own the car managed to get one and beat it to death. Spending the $0.75/mile for maintenance doesnt help a person stunt more on instagram, so people seem to skip over that part with these cars.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Gallardo seems to suffer from both being exclusive, but still decently accessible so you run into examples like this where people who probably shouldnt have been able to own the car managed to get one and beat it to death. Spending the $0.75/mile for maintenance doesnt help a person stunt more on instagram, so people seem to skip over that part with these cars.
This. It is the cheapest entry into the brand and a lot of people that arent auto enthusiasts buy these for the social media "clout". To non car people, they see a Gallardo and think its the same thing as a Huracan or even Aventador when in reality, it cost as much or less than a lot of diesel pickups anymore. Those driven to own for image over a true passion for what the car represents pose a huge problem for the following owners. A lot of these are thrashed and not properly maintained

1 - 13 of 13 Posts