Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, I would like to share a buyer beware story. Which is just not fun me to discuss but if it helps someone else not make the same mistakes I did it’s worth it. I would also like to say I do not take making posts like this lightly, I understand the damages. In fact I have never had to make a post like this.

I had without question the worst, not car buying but purchase experiences I have ever had here and not much else really comes close. I purchased a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 from Redline European in San Diego California and was mislead, flat out lied to, strung along and even put in a dangerous situation because of Travis Ledford’s ( Owner ) appalling handling or lack there of.

We can start with my initial phone call with Travis were he directly lied to me about the condition of the clutch on my 2008 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.
Anyone who knows about this car is aware that its an expensive replacement, like around 12-14K expensive. Travis told me “yeah bro, its got 75% life left, plenty of life” ( I now know what a snap is ).
After I purchased the car and was forced to bring it directly to Lamborghini for repairs which I’ll get to later, it in fact has to be changed in the very near future and its worn. But thats only the beginning!

After some negotiating we agreed on a price for the vehicle. I then hired a 3rd party, I thought unbiased local mechanic to perform a pre purchase inspection. I’m not from the area so I asked for a few names ( Should have brought it to Lamborghini) . I settled on someone named Mack who as it turns out, was long time friends with Travis and proceeded to work with him to ensure I get screwed over on every potential problem with the car. Namely, all four tire sensors a failing alternator which looking back was obviously being hidden because upon taking delivery of my car at 11pm in a suspect neighborhood the car wouldn’t start. And to add to the fun Travis and his friend the mechanic hid the fact the car was missing roof pieces. What that means is my new Lamborghini was delivered to me non running unable to have a roof. So my new car slept in a target parking lot with a blanket over the interior. Thanks again Travis!

All in all the repair costs are in the 25K region and that’s after paying a premium for what I thought was a top notch car. The following morning after forcing the transporter to park his truck in front my car so it wasn’t tampered with, it had to be flat bedded directly to Lamborghini were it stayed for well over month being fixed. Lamborghini also informed me that the over amping of the failing alternator could have blown the CPU or cause a fire. This is the type of treatment you can expect to find at Redline European San Diego.

There is sooo much more to this story but for the sake of streamlining I gave the meat and potatoes. Thankfully, I at least put something on my Amex and was able to charge it back for the car and the PPI . To which I didn’t hear a single word of protest from either party, I think that speaks volumes.

Bill Payne

·
Registered
460 Posts
This is why I only do business with reputable Lamborghini dealers. May pay a little more up front, but in the long run it’s win win. Never heard of this lizard, but the name alone would raise my antenna.

Reactions: Billp83

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bill you sound like a very decent,thoughtful and trusting person. I'm glad there are people like you. It is very unfortunate what happened. Here is what I would suggest :

1) Talk to a lawyer and see if you even have a case. I would find a lawyer that specializes in exotics.
2) Have the dealership itemize the flaws and cost of repair.
3) Take the list to the guy and ask him to address the issues.
3.1) If he agrees, great!(unlikely)
3.2) If he declines, then let him know you will go on social media and highlight his dishonest business practices. i.e "I will contact Ed Bolian(winwiki) and/or John Temarin(Curated) to do a story on this car. My guess is you aren't the 1st one and others will come out of the wood work with their horror stories.
4) You will file a complaint with the State of California Auto??( not sure which dept it is but someone can pipe in)

These are just some ideas, and yes it is easy for me to throw them out there and lot harder to execute. The LP640 is a rare car and you didn't go wrong picking it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Bill you sound like a very decent,thoughtful and trusting person. I'm glad there are people like you. It is very unfortunate what happened. Here is what I would suggest :

1) Talk to a lawyer and see if you even have a case. I would find a lawyer that specializes in exotics.
2) Have the dealership itemize the flaws and cost of repair.
3) Take the list to the guy and ask him to address the issues.
3.1) If he agrees, great!(unlikely)
3.2) If he declines, then let him know you will go on social media and highlight his dishonest business practices. i.e "I will contact Ed Bolian(winwiki) and/or John Temarin(Curated) to do a story on this car. My guess is you aren't the 1st one and others will come out of the wood work with their horror stories.
4) You will file a complaint with the State of California Auto??( not sure which dept it is but someone can pipe in)

These are just some ideas, and yes it is easy for me to throw them out there and lot harder to execute. The LP640 is a rare car and you didn't go wrong picking it.
Thank you so much for your suggestions and kind words. I have spoken to an attorney and the California DMV where there is an open investigation.

I have all of the repair bills and quotes from Lamborghini. This dealers MO is to push things off in hopes that you will just go away. Makes promises , changes his story, all talk but no action. I will be getting nothing but BS from him.

As you mentioned and guessed correctly, I’m certainly not the first victim as which can be seen by some of his recent reviews on google and yelp. I would certainly be open to discussing this with anyone in the community who can help spread the word of this fraud and his shady dealings.

I’m new to this forum but if you would like to contact me personally please do so, that would be great.

Thank you again.

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,903 Posts
Bill, wish you had reached out to this forum before you bought the car as many of us know exactly who in that area to get a trustworthy PPI from (and it’s not some random guy named Mack). Sounds like you got a royal screw job. That being said, it would be great to hear the other side of the story if they are on this website.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would love to hear what he has to say too and so would many others that have been impacted by his fraud but he has made no effort to reach out to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bill you seem pretty organized. Would it make sense to contact these individuals and collectively put the pressure on the dealer? Heck maybe even make signs and protest on the busiest day for dealerships, Saturday.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Unfortunately, I would like to share a buyer beware story. Which is just not fun me to discuss but if it helps someone else not make the same mistakes I did it’s worth it. I would also like to say I do not take making posts like this lightly, I understand the damages. In fact I have never had to make a post like this.

I had without question the worst, not car buying but purchase experiences I have ever had here and not much else really comes close. I purchased a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 from Redline European in San Diego California and was mislead, flat out lied to, strung along and even put in a dangerous situation because of Travis Ledford’s ( Owner ) appalling handling or lack there of.

We can start with my initial phone call with Travis were he directly lied to me about the condition of the clutch on my 2008 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.
Anyone who knows about this car is aware that its an expensive replacement, like around 12-14K expensive. Travis told me “yeah bro, its got 75% life left, plenty of life” ( I now know what a snap is ).
After I purchased the car and was forced to bring it directly to Lamborghini for repairs which I’ll get to later, it in fact has to be changed in the very near future and its worn. But thats only the beginning!

After some negotiating we agreed on a price for the vehicle. I then hired a 3rd party, I thought unbiased local mechanic to perform a pre purchase inspection. I’m not from the area so I asked for a few names ( Should have brought it to Lamborghini) . I settled on someone named Mack who as it turns out, was long time friends with Travis and proceeded to work with him to ensure I get screwed over on every potential problem with the car. Namely, all four tire sensors a failing alternator which looking back was obviously being hidden because upon taking delivery of my car at 11pm in a suspect neighborhood the car wouldn’t start. And to add to the fun Travis and his friend the mechanic hid the fact the car was missing roof pieces. What that means is my new Lamborghini was delivered to me non running unable to have a roof. So my new car slept in a target parking lot with a blanket over the interior. Thanks again Travis!

All in all the repair costs are in the 25K region and that’s after paying a premium for what I thought was a top notch car. The following morning after forcing the transporter to park his truck in front my car so it wasn’t tampered with, it had to be flat bedded directly to Lamborghini were it stayed for well over month being fixed. Lamborghini also informed me that the over amping of the failing alternator could have blown the CPU or cause a fire. This is the type of treatment you can expect to find at Redline European San Diego.

There is sooo much more to this story but for the sake of streamlining I gave the meat and potatoes. Thankfully, I at least put something on my Amex and was able to charge it back for the car and the PPI . To which I didn’t hear a single word of protest from either party, I think that speaks volumes.

Bill Payne
Bill
You said “Thankfully, I at least put something on my Amex and was able to charge it back for the car and the PPI”

huh? So you returned the car to the seller and got Amex to void all charges?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bill you seem pretty organized. Would it make sense to contact these individuals and collectively put the pressure on the dealer? Heck maybe even make signs and protest on the busiest day for dealerships, Saturday.
Don’t think I have t thought of that. I live on the other side of the Country ( NYC ) and I’m pretty sure most of these people are out of state as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bill
You said “Thankfully, I at least put something on my Amex and was able to charge it back for the car and the PPI”

huh? So you returned the car to the seller and got Amex to void all charges?
The vast majority was a wire, I put a fraction on the card for incidentals which did not go to waste. PPI was on the card .

·
Vendor
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63 AMG
852 Posts
Such an unfortunate way to begin your Lambo experience. Amazing dealers like this stay in business. In this day and age, especially with such a large purchase as an exotic, Some simple internet searching and a proper PPI can do wonders to avoid such incidents. I recently purchased an SL63 and googled, read all dealer reviews, ran background searches as well as a thorough PPI. Hope you are able to get some closure and enjoy the heck out a very special Lambo. Keep us posted and please share some pics of your bull.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I’d also like to add this car is an absolute beast and I love it. All black and ready to mingle. Do not regret buying this car.
keep driving it and keep that love and magic alive and it will get you through that nightmare

👍🏻

1 - 20 of 24 Posts