Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to buy VIN# ZHWGC43T38LA06754 last year and wanted to give a heads up to any potential buyers as I just saw this car come up for sale again.

The seller at the time, Norm from International Motorcars in Calgary, Alberta, Canada presented the car as perfect mechanically (and they had performed their own internal PPI). Not trusting the dealer, I had it sent to nearby Lamborghini Calgary where it failed the PPI half way into it (scoring on #3 cylinder and poor compression). They quoted me $20k++ to bring the car back to good health. Also discover the dealership owner's son had used it as his own toy here and there and even hauled a Christmas tree with it on the roof for internet fame. Which he conveniently didn't tell me about until I found it myself deep on their Instagram.

Hope my PPI money wasted helps someone from avoiding a costly headache purchase.

Pics attached.
Font Number Document Screenshot Circle

Scoring on #3
Water Font Display device Electric blue Pattern

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Sky World Building Product Skyscraper

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,934 Posts
Not one, but two trees and on top of that he has the trees on in the reverse direction! What a knucklehead. Everyone knows you go trunk- first on a Christmas tree!?!

just poking a little bit of fun here. Hope you did not lose too much money on your PPI and thank you for warning others.

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,231 Posts
I suspect tree hauling to some appears cool but to me it just appears idiotic, and if I had a prospective seller posting those kinds of pictures I would take a hard pass.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Results from the PPI are something to be concerned about, but who cares about the trees? Either it caused damage and should be noted in a PPI or no damage occurred and has no effect on future ownership experience.

·
Premium Member
17,231 Posts
Results from the PPI are something to be concerned about, but who cares about the trees? Either it caused damage and should be noted in a PPI or no damage occurred and has no effect on future ownership experience.
Sounds good to me, make him an offer.

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,934 Posts
Sinking, I’m not in the market for this car but to answer your question it shows a general higher level of abuse than normal. You have a lowered car in the snow and most Christmas lots that I know either have pretty bad parking or are in the mud and then you take a cringe worthy photo of a bunch of line wrapped around Christmas trees and your headliner and window seals. It just shows seller was willing to take risks with this car that this car was never intended for, so it would not be a stretch to say this car is probably in worse condition than a car of the same exact mileage and age. Adding this general hunch as to patterns of seller’s behavior to a bad PPI and I don’t disagree with the OP for walking away with a sour taste.

·
Premium Member
17,231 Posts
Anything to post on social media for likes and followers!!!
I drive my Lamborghini hard and fast but notwithstanding I consider it a mechanical work of art. So, I would no more be inclined to haul Christmas trees with it then I would be to take the Mona Lisa off the art gallery wall and use it for a serving tray. :ROFLMAO: Call me crazy but that is how I feel about it.

·
Premium Member
2022 Grigio Lynx EVO Spyder RWD
245 Posts
I drive my Lamborghini hard and fast but notwithstanding I consider it a mechanical work of art. So, I would no more be inclined to haul Christmas trees with it then I would be to take the Mona Lisa off the art gallery wall and use it for a serving tray. :ROFLMAO: Call me crazy but that is how I feel about it.
mona wouldn’t mind being a serving tray, but she would mind abuse of a fine auto

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,056 Posts
I feel the same as you dude!

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Registered
777 Posts
The first thing I’ve always done when buying used cars or equipment - anything with an engine - is check the oil level on the spot. It’s amazing how many times I’ve found filthy and/or low oil levels (and of course the seller is always shocked).

On an exotic there is simply no excuse.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sinking, I’m not in the market for this car but to answer your question it shows a general higher level of abuse than normal. You have a lowered car in the snow and most Christmas lots that I know either have pretty bad parking or are in the mud and then you take a cringe worthy photo of a bunch of line wrapped around Christmas trees and your headliner and window seals. It just shows seller was willing to take risks with this car that this car was never intended for, so it would not be a stretch to say this car is probably in worse condition than a car of the same exact mileage and age. Adding this general hunch as to patterns of seller’s behavior to a bad PPI and I don’t disagree with the OP for walking away with a sour taste.
I know the argument for it, I just have always been much more logical and less emotional about these things (and everything, I guess). If one is making a decision on purchase and this is all they have to go on, sure, I would draw conclusions based on that as well. But, once you get to the point where you're doing an inspection and you can see whether or not a previous owners action which you felt was morally objectionable had any actual effect and if it didn't then it's pointless to worry about. At that point you can worry about real things and in this case there is a real thing to worry about - the bore scoring and 20% reduced compression in cylinder 3.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Most disturbing for me is any sports car in Canada in the snow, sure depending how cold it it they might not have put any salt but it still has salt residue and gets everywhere, corrodes fasteners and all other metal parts. This salt residue gets into the carpeted floor and look terrible if there's too much.

Just for that I would pass because that tells me the previous owner didn't really care and those who don't care, the car has hidden issues that you will only find out after you bought it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Most disturbing for me is any sports car in Canada in the snow, sure depending how cold it it they might not have put any salt but it still has salt residue and gets everywhere, corrodes fasteners and all other metal parts. This salt residue gets into the carpeted floor and look terrible if there's too much.

Just for that I would pass because that tells me the previous owner didn't really care and those who don't care, the car has hidden issues that you will only find out after you bought it.
After living in the north and now in Texas I will never buy another car that has seen salt.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Hauling tress aren't the real problem. The problem is the owner treated his cars like abused toys which is fine if those abuses are clearly disclosed before the sale. I wouldn't touch these even with a pole of stick. I would report it to consumer watch. It's like buying a house that is actually haunted. Thank you OP for posting this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is this the car?

Yep, this is the same car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.