Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going a little over, got a written warning, the second written warning I have ever gotten. Probably a first for the Sheriff to pull over a Lamborghini. I should have asked.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,872 Posts
Well at least you just got a warning, I got a ticket for not making an absolute dead still stop at a stop sign.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,576 Posts
Fortunate about the warning. Been driving these cars for 3 years and I haver never even been pulled over but then again I NEVER go over the posted speed limit.:rolleyes:🤞

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The officer asked when was the last time I got a ticket. I had no idea. He came back and said it was 2008. I retired in 2004 and before that, I would get tickets pretty regular. I just thought of it as a tax to drive as fast as I wanted to.

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
The officer asked when was the last time I got a ticket. I had no idea. He came back and said it was 2008. I retired in 2004 and before that, I would get tickets pretty regular. I just thought of it as a tax to drive as fast as I wanted to.
Goodness, a tax? Hope no State Troopers are reading this thread. 🚔

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would totally pay extra to get a "no ticket" add on the the license. Or maybe it would be like on your registration and when they ran your plates. That way they wouldn't even bother pulling you over. I know, just wishful thinking.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Sign me up. Or you could make huge campaign contributions and get a set of diplomatic plates. When I was a kid, my dad worked for a company that was very politically connected. He got a badge that he was a special investigator for the alabama atty general . We got pulled over once going fishing going 80. We kids were in the back seat The trooper asked my dad for his license and he flashed the badge. The trooper said sorry for the inconvenience and wished him a nice day. In 1970 Alabama that badge must have meant dont [email protected]#$ with me. I think the owner and his sons had a lot of political influence. He gave the badges out to managers they liked.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sign me up for that.

Like a speeding season pass!!!

Sign me up. Or you could make huge campaign contributions and get a set of diplomatic plates. When I was a kid, my dad worked for a company that was very politically connected. He got a badge that he was a special investigator for the alabama atty general . We got pulled over once going fishing going 80. We kids were in the back seat The trooper asked my dad for his license and he flashed the badge. The trooper said sorry for the inconvenience and wished him a nice day. In 1970 Alabama that badge must have meant dont [email protected]#$ with me. I think the owner and his sons had a lot of political influence. He gave the badges out to managers they liked.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was with a cop friend one night and he was driving and got pulled over. Flashed his badge and off we went. Professional courtesy, then he proceeded to get mad about it because he said "If they would have pulled you over you would have got a ticket" I said yup, but that's OK, no way I would ever be a cop. You should have a get out a jail card.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Then I would have got a different ticket, the last I checked those are illegal in Texas.
Did he mention no front plate?

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
I have been driving these kinds of cars in Texas for 3 years and have never been stopped for driving without a front plate. I will go one step further I do not stick the registration sticker or toll tag on the windshield rather I laminated it and "stick*" it to the windshield when appropriate. TBH, I just stopped putting on the registration sticker when driving the Huracan over the past three months but have it on the ready.

*adheres to the windshield through the surface tension as needed.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did he mention no front plate?
Not a word, which doesn't surprise me. I have been pulled over for no front plate(twice) but in much lesser cars. It seems they let high end cars slide.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I’m a hard no on “season passes” or whatever because every ******* idiot in a clapped out Mustang would have one seriously endangering the public.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Not a word, which doesn't surprise me. I have been pulled over for no front plate(twice) but in much lesser cars. It seems they let high end cars slide.
Not in West Texas, locals are somewhat okay, however DPS uses it for an opportunity to pull you over. Guess they figure I've stuffed illegals or 100 kilos of whatever in the frunk, though one asked me to open the "trunk" so he could look in the back.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's funny about the trunk. The officer that pulled me over asked what kind of car it was. He said "I know it's a Lamborghini but what kind?". For the most part law enforcement have been very kind to me. There have been times I didn't notice them and did something sort of unlawful.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts