Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any experience with these car? I like the looks of both and I think they are spectecular in person. Had a Bugatti pass me on the Autobahn once, when my dad and I were on our way to the Lambo dealership outside of Munich. We knew that was where it was heading. The owner was nice and the car had a beautiful grey exterior. The dealership also had several XJ220s. Anyway, can anyone tell me what they are like?

·
Registered
59 Posts

Zap, avoid the 220 unless you are a collector rather than a driver. It was THE car some while back but is now looking rather dated. I would imagine it would be a very costly car to acquire and run - there are more exciting alternatives. If you're a collector then the long term view is that it could be a stable investment - the jury's still out on that one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, right now I'm neither. I'm working on getting my first Lambo in a few years. I was just interested because these cars intrigued me when I was younger.
thanks for the info.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I looked into the XJ220 a bit after I saw one at a dealer for $199,000 (it's still there, can be bought for $180k I bet; Newport Auto Sport San Diego area). I found that they are big trouble to repair and maintain..this is what I heard from owners:
Cylinder head gasket replacement, $16,000
The bladder fuel cell should be replaced every 3 years ($8,000)
etc. etc.

I think the looks for the XJ220 are right there with the all-time best exotics. But, I don't think Jaguar (IMO) put a lot of thought into the road-going version...not something you'd be confortable driving a lot.

Even after the horror stories it's hard for me to completely lose interest in the car...the looks are hard to beat!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts