Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad::( Hi guys, I have a Blu gallardo spyder which I picked up on Friday. As I was backing out of my garage saturday morning i scraped the mirror on the metal piece on the wall. At first the mirror was wobbly and the paint was scratched. After driving I got home and the mirror was barely hanging on. The metal inside was a clean snap and in order to drive it I had to cut the electric wire. Now I have no mirror on my right side:( I thought maybe I could weld it back but the dealer said no and is saying I need a whole new mirror. I have the mirror I just need the inside metal piece. Does ANYONE have any recommendations for me? The dealer is saying $2200. I have the mirror just need it reconnected!!! Please help.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
:mad::( Hi guys, I have a Blu gallardo spyder which I picked up on Friday. As I was backing out of my garage saturday morning i scraped the mirror on the metal piece on the wall. At first the mirror was wobbly and the paint was scratched. After driving I got home and the mirror was barely hanging on. The metal inside was a clean snap and in order to drive it I had to cut the electric wire. Now I have no mirror on my right side:( I thought maybe I could weld it back but the dealer said no and is saying I need a whole new mirror. I have the mirror I just need the inside metal piece. Does ANYONE have any recommendations for me? The dealer is saying $2200. I have the mirror just need it reconnected!!! Please help.

Contact Glen, he will beat the price for sure.
(614) 216-5767

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,831 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to start your Lambo adventure with this situation. I remember how I felt when I was backing out of my garage and thought I clipped the passenger side mirror I heard a horrible cracking sound and stopped to check the damage only to find out I backed over a piece of plastic and the mirror was ok.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,831 Posts
Someone told me you have to remove the entire door panel and I though they were kidding. That's the main reason I wrapped around the mirrors instead of removing them.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Someone told me you have to remove the entire door panel and I though they were kidding. That's the main reason I wrapped around the mirrors instead of removing them.
Been there first hand! I made a DIY on how to swap mirrors to CF mirrors. It was a lot of work!! Worth it though :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
I did the same thing running after my dog, I knocked the mirror off the post. If you are servicing at a "dealer" you might not have many options. If you can find an exotic shop however, they may have some extra spare mirror parts. My shop did, and I paid half the cost (including labor) of what a brand new mirror costs. Its a timely process, as they do have to go through the door panel to assemble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts