Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was cleaning and didnt realize I must of went over the vent to hard. When I went to adjust it one just caved in, not sure if this is an easy fix?

I havent tried ot mess with it just yet, any feedback? new one or hopefully will somehow snap back in?

thank you

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,815 Posts
Picture would help. When cleaning, I had a small piece detach making the louvers inoperable; just needed the interior piece to get back in nits pilot hole.

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
If you can’t fix it, I have new oem aftermarket versions at a deal. Message if you need.

Peripheral Output device Camera lens Finger Camera accessory

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
They are very easy to take apart and put back together as long as nothing broke off. There’s a bar that snaps in and connects the two flaps together. The flaps sit in the housing by two small nipples on each end of the flap. It’s possible you just popped them out which will be a simple fix.

This pic is when I took them apart and added nylon washers to fix the flaps flopping around so much.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Finger Rim Wood

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
thanks for the help guys, do they just pop out at the edges? LOL dont want to break anything else more off at this point.
No, there’s three tabs than hold the vent into the dash. You can use a dental pick and pull the tab inward from inside the vent. Slightly pull outwards on the vent while you pull up on the tab. Continue to hold the vent outwards or it will fall back into place. Then repeat for the remaining two tabs. I circled them for you.

Finger Gadget Communication Device Eyewear Audio equipment

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
Those vents are so frustrating. The construction of the vents themselves is such crap, and yet, they're so hard to get out of the dash!
yes they are! Just about every Gallardo that's 15-17 years old has these issues. Also the vents not staying open also, which can be fixed with adding some tape on the insides to thicken the plastic a bit. And had another customer who's vent stayed spinning 360° when the air is on, lol. If anyone wants new ones, let me know.

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
169 Posts
Hello, I was cleaning and didnt realize I must of went over the vent to hard. When I went to adjust it one just caved in, not sure if this is an easy fix?

I havent tried ot mess with it just yet, any feedback? new one or hopefully will somehow snap back in?

thank you

The same exact thing happen to me except the shop I'm getting some work done did it and blamed it on my car being old and it snapped so I'm responsible.

Anyways, I was going to make a new thread but I'll chime into yours since we have some what the same issue!

There are 4 small tabs that actually hold the vents in place so they don't cave in.

If your lucky then it would have just popped off and you can snap it back into place, but unfortunately for me they broke.

I'm looking into get it repaired one method or another with epoxy or plastic before replacing new ones.

Camera lens Automotive tire Camera accessory Cameras & optics Lens
Camera lens Purple Lens Camera accessory Automotive tire

Hand Camera lens Camera Camera accessory Digital camera

Window Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Rim

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Camera lens Cameras & optics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts