Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo with Heffner Twin Turbo
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember that I raced a Tesla S Plaid in a 1/4 mile with my TT Evo. I still think I can beat the plaid once I change tires and go full boost.. but why fight them when you can join them!

Traded my M8 for a plaid last week. It is really a great car.. took my wife and two boys on a full drag strip launch and we are loving it. The immediate power is surprising every time.
But it is a smooth and quiet beast and does not replace the experience of the Evo! Plaid is not an intoxicating experience, but it is impressive nonetheless. And I fall into the category of LOVING the yoke in case anybody is wondering!

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your kid looks bored. He probably wishes he was in the Lambo. Congratulations on the new (electric) wheels.
Haha. That’s him doing his homework.. he wanted to sit in it so I put on a non-distracting video

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,037 Posts
Congratulations! Can't see my way clear to buying a Tesla at this time but it does have merit, and man, that infotainment screen is almost as big as my 27" iMac. :giggle: Enjoy!

·
Registered
SL #7007
910 Posts
You have to respect electric performance! My buddy has a plaid and took me for a launch. Holy hell it was awesome! I was thinking about getting a cybertruck but now they won’t be made until 2023. Not sure if you have had it long enough to answer but if you’re flooring it everywhere, what typical range are you seeing?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
20,933 Posts
I guess I have been in the dark when it comes to Tesla, I never knew they finally moved the monster screen to horizontal from vertical. Good move!

Reactions: M7wizkid

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have to respect electric performance! My buddy has a plaid and took me for a launch. Holy hell it was awesome! I was thinking about getting a cybertruck but now they won’t be made until 2023. Not sure if you have had it long enough to answer but if you’re flooring it everywhere, what typical range are you seeing?
Yeah hard for me to say..I'm driving in town and not putting mileage. I did upgrade the wheels which reduced the 400 range down to 350, and charging in-town is at 90% so I'm starting with 310 in a perfect scenario. I do recall seeing some 1/4 miles on YouTube and each drag strip mode launch was not taking much more than 6-7 miles range (dangerously going off memory here!). Sorry if that's not helpful!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I have been in the dark when it comes to Tesla, I never knew they finally moved the monster screen to horizontal from vertical. Good move!
Love the look of the horizontal for sure. But geez when I'm playing solitaire while waiting on a train, it sure is hard to extend my arm out and flip the next card down :)

Actually all 3 screens are very slick..my kids love the console in the back. The tech is really great, except I don't have Waze/Car Play which I'm not stoked about.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hope you got a good one GoP. I have a model 3 performance as a daily and while it is quick and autopilot is nice, the build quality and reliability of tesla has been questionable at best.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hope you got a good one GoP. I have a model 3 performance as a daily and while it is quick and autopilot is nice, the build quality and reliability of tesla has been questionable at best.
I can’t speak for reliability but build quality on the fit and finish side is nice so far. Coming from a Panamera Turbo and M8 the inside feel is premium, but certainly much simpler. I’m not saying it’s as premium but I’m not lacking.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know it performs

but, plaid? It just conjures up nothing exciting
I wonder if that’s the point.. all my other cars turned heads, elicited reactions (many good, some bad), lots of people trying to get me to race..and the plaid has not done any of that. It’s just a plain sedan.. that happens to be the fastest production vehicle in the world 🤣

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just confirming, you realize the reference Ludicrous speed and Plaid mode.

Holy moly I knew the Ludicrous speed reference (which was for the P90D) but didn’t remember the Plaid! Thank you!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts