Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Great fantasy, but even if Audi did such a thing, it wouldn't be the same. As in dissapointing, kind of like remaking an old movie, it's never as good as the original.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea, I don't know. I think a reissue Countach with modern engineering would be just about the coolest thing!

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Countach

I've owned two Countaches..and I did enjoy them. I now own a Diablo..... much better car..more dependable...more room...faster....why would you want Lamborghini to go backwards..it was a great car in its time...so was Frank Sanatra...but its over!

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
We'll I'd kind of like design to go backwards. To much refinement is not a good thing. Computers second guessing your every move is where were heading I'm affraid. I don't even like the climate control on the Diablo. You can't shut it off!

·
Registered
584 Posts
raymondo said:
We'll I'd kind of like design to go backwards. To much refinement is not a good thing. Computers second guessing your every move is where were heading I'm affraid. I don't even like the climate control on the Diablo. You can't shut it off!
Agree - just need one simple swtich to turn fan/compressor off. Like some PCars....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't forget that a modern Countach would have to meet all the current emissions / safety / crash standards. I seriously doubt you could cram all that stuff into that shape and still have it be a desirable car...

·
Registered
142 Posts
What they should do is to offer a limited run of 20 countaches for the entire world outfitted with the upcoming 700 hp murcie engine. Uprated brakes, upsized wheels and tires for better handling, update some of the interior meters, and creature comforts and add more carbon fiber to the chassis for even lighter weight. Imagine a countach with about 2800lbs of weight and 700 hp. Nothing will touch it. Believe me, I would sign a waiver with Audi releasing them of any liability if they built this one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
They'd never do it because it'd imply they wanted to sell a 34 year old design in preference to their new models. Although Ford did do it with their new GT... Hmm...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Would such a car be better than a replica with a tube frame chassis?

Although I'd like the idea to implant the Diablo GT technic into a Countach QV, knows anybody of a crashed GT and a cheap countach?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fellas,

I like the idea, but let the Countach rest in peace. This is coming from a guy who saw his first Countach in 1978 at age 15, and has been hooked ever since !!

A better option would be to launch some of Marcello Gandini's classic designs from 1960's and 70's - like Carabo, Stratos Zero, Navajo, Sibilo, etc - on modern Lamborghini mechanicals in strictly limited editions. What do you think ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree with alot of you here however I will add my twist to this. I would ask that Lamborghini would run off several hundred of spare parts for all years of the C/T to help keep them roadworthy and keeping the prices reasonable with the higher production of parts. I strongly doubt the C/T would pass DOT regs nor would I want to see a work of art like that get trashed by the myriad of obsessive electronic controls that would destroy the C/T. Keep those controls on the space shuttle. :wave:

·
Registered
142 Posts
What would be nice is to have carbon fiber tube chassis, carbon fiber skin, murci new 700hp engine, bigger brakes. Take out the extra exhaust and replace with light weight titanium. 2800lbs? Watch out mclaren!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts